Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm

Options
  • 31-07-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Would be most grateful if someone could enlighten me as to what wattage a
    1.5 ohm end of line resistor and a
    680 ohm resistor
    might be needed for an astec alarm system???

I phoned a company that supplies these parts earlier but was told unless I knew the wattage, he couldn't help me?????

All advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What are you trying to do?
    Are you just looking for resistors.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bugbugandyoyo

Yes, wanted to buy new resistors to add onto current alarm system to include new extension.

Any idea where to buy them??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Would be most grateful if someone could enlighten me as to what wattage a
    1.5 ohm end of line resistor and a
    680 ohm resistor
    might be needed for an astec alarm system???

I phoned a company that supplies these parts earlier but was told unless I knew the wattage, he couldn't help me?????

All advice much appreciated. Thanks.

.25W will be fine
    Ebay has loads of them here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, wanted to buy new resistors to add onto current alarm system to include new extension.

Any idea where to buy them??

I have some. If your in Dublin I'll drop a few into you . If your further away PM me an address & ill stick them in the post.

Advertisement