Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway nightlife midweek

Options
  • 31-07-2012 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hi there :)

I was thinking of going to Galway next week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for a bit of a session.

Was wondering, would there be many around the City or will it be empty and minus craic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Maybe during the nightime, but I 've heard it's empty during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Yeah I wouldnt mind during the day, it's more the night time, pubs clubs etc I'd be interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Well, I know the college chess club hold their meetings through Irish of a Thursday evening in the Asian Tea Lounge - is that the type of thing you'd be after?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno Fícheall, he says he wants a bit of a session, so I'm guessing fiddles, tin whistles and amhráin breá ar an stíl sean-nós.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dunno Fícheall, he says he wants a bit of a session, so I'm guessing fiddles, tin whistles and amhráin breá ar an stíl sean-nós.

Ha just a crowd of people having the craic will do me :)

But no, no chess meetings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ha just a crowd of people having the craic will do me :)

But no, no chess meetings

You see, here is where the confusion arises. It is possible to play chess and have the craic at the same time. Not to mention a delicious xiang shan beef and rice dish.
    Perhaps you could be more specific in your definition of "having the craic"?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't mind the locals bclar12.
    There is good craic every day from mid afternoon, if it ever stops raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »

Galway is one large party, rain or not :D

OP, come on over: if you're in the mood for a party, you'll find one, no matter what your tastes in music or board games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

biko wrote: »

Cheers guys thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

There's always a few bars that'll have a good crowd, but the clubs might be a bit quiet midweek, certainly won't have much of a crowd til fairly late anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

There's always a crowd in Front Door, The Roisin, Kings Head etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Post-Race Week may see a slightly quieter week than usual but there will always be a few around the usual bars, especially Thursday. Can't go wrong on Quay Street or Dominick Street.

Advertisement