Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in town with walk-in/short notice appointment

Options
  • 31-07-2012 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

I've had a seriously bad toothache for about 3-4 days now. It's very painful so I think it needs to be looked at.

I'll be in WRH tomorrow for an orthopaedic appointment so I'm wondering is there any dentists near there that would be known to have either walk-in appointments or short notice appointments (I could ring in the morning and make an appointment for after the hospital appointment).

Any replies appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ouch and sorry to hear it.

I found myself in a similar situation recently and based on the reccomendation of a kind soul around here rang Dr.Noelene Walsh in O'Connell st. http://www.waterfordcitydentist.com/

best dentist I've ever used and she saw me on very short notice.

Best wishes with the orthopaedic and dentistry troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Aisling Bannon/Dermot Crowley are in Ardkeen Shopping Centre and nearest to WRH. Aisling Bannon is my dentist and has always fitted me in when I've been in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Not sure about ones close to Ardkeen but most dentists will at least give you a check up with little to no notice if you are in pain.
    I've gone to O'Haras in Ballybricken a few times with no notice and been treated within 20-30 mins. Even had a wisdom tooth pulled once when I had just walked in off the street expecting to just have a quick check up and prescription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Noeleen Walsh, on O'Connell Street. Absolutely no pain whatsoever. She won't pull it just because its too much work to spend 30 minutes fixing it. Honestly, she is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

^ those were/are my thoughts exactly after seeing her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Thanks for all the replies.

After my hospital appointment I went down the road to Ardkeen Shopping Centre to find that there are no dentists there this week - on their holidays maybe. So I got a taxi to Noeleen Walsh on O'Connell Street. Arrived at about 12.45 and was seen within 5 minutes by one of the other dentists in there. Pleasant man and sorted me out with some antibiotics. Going back in two weeks for a cleaning. Very happy :)

Advertisement