Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! newbie

Options
  • 31-07-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

So i got an ego-t today and all my e liquids taste like burn.? and its not very nice especially when your eating also at one point i heard a popping noise and i took off the cap and what seemed like vaper just starting coming out ? but it also happens on the other not sure if its normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I've not had that kit (or similar) but have read that it can be the primer burning off for the first while. If you do a search here for primer you should get some tips on how to get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

So i got an ego-t today and all my e liquids taste like burn.? and its not very nice especially when your eating also at one point i heard a popping noise and i took off the cap and what seemed like vaper just starting coming out ? but it also happens on the other not sure if its normal?

The popping noise if you mean a kind of crackling noise like oil splattering is normal from what I remember about using them, but if it no longer works it may have been the atomiser blowing and its no more good if that happens.

There is usually a primer on them alright, its best to blow hard through the end that connects to the battery before using them while wiping any primer with a tissue at the other end of it while your blowing it out.
    The burnt taste sound like the juice wasn't getting through to the atomiser properly from the tank and their wasnt enough juice when you pressed the button.
    Try dripping a few drops of juice into the atomiser head before putting on the tank as this gives it a bit of a head start until the juice starts flowing properly from the tank down into the atomiser.

I started off on an ego t system myself but quickly moved on to cartomisers & clearomisers and if the atomisers are burnt beyond use you might be better off buying an ego vision clearomiser or something similar as they can be used with your ego batterys as well.

If the atomisers are still working and you still get the burnt taste after trying all that, maybe try steeping the atomisers in vodka overnight and then blow out through the battery end again and leave to dry for a day or more and then try use them again and they might be ok but if there not working at all there be no point in doing that.

Hope this is some help, it can be a bit of a learning curve and frustrating when things go wrong but will be worth it once you find your feet and get the hang of how different bits and pieces work best.

Its also a good idea to search for youtube tutorials for any new system you are thinking of purchasing or trying to setup as there are plenty of them there on youtube for most types of systems out there and it makes life a lot easier seeing someone else doing it if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

newmark wrote: »
    The popping noise if you mean a kind of crackling noise like oil splattering is normal from what I remember about using them, but if it no longer works it may have been the atomiser blowing and its no more good if that happens.

There is usually a primer on them alright, its best to blow hard through the end that connects to the battery before using them while wiping any primer with a tissue at the other end of it while your blowing it out.
    The burnt taste sound like the juice wasn't getting through to the atomiser properly from the tank and their wasnt enough juice when you pressed the button.
    Try dripping a few drops of juice into the atomiser head before putting on the tank as this gives it a bit of a head start until the juice starts flowing properly from the tank down into the atomiser.

I started off on an ego t system myself but quickly moved on to cartomisers & clearomisers and if the atomisers are burnt beyond use you might be better off buying an ego vision clearomiser or something similar as they can be used with your ego batterys as well.

If the atomisers are still working and you still get the burnt taste after trying all that, maybe try steeping the atomisers in vodka overnight and then blow out through the battery end again and leave to dry for a day or more and then try use them again and they might be ok but if there not working at all there be no point in doing that.

Hope this is some help, it can be a bit of a learning curve and frustrating when things go wrong but will be worth it once you find your feet and get the hang of how different bits and pieces work best.

Its also a good idea to search for youtube tutorials for any new system you are thinking of purchasing or trying to setup as there are plenty of them there on youtube for most types of systems out there and it makes life a lot easier seeing someone else doing it if you know what I mean.
    If i buy a clearomiser will there be a primer ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

No primer on any of the clearo's I've used, vision v1 + 2, vivi nova...they are a completely different way of working!

Advertisement