Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for college?

Options
  • 31-07-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

(I'm new to boards so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place! :) )

I just need some advise on buying a laptop for college! I currently have a lenovo x61 which was passed down to me from my brother and definately needs to be replaced! The only thing I loved about this laptop was the size, Id preferably want a tidy sized laptop, dosent matter if it's a little bit bigger than the one I have now but I dont want a huge one! Theres only a few features which are vital for me!
    -Must be reasonably lightweight for carrying around
    - webcam
    -Decent speakers
    -CD / DVD drive
    - 3 usb ports
    -decent memory (dosent have to be major because I have an external
    hardrive but enough to keep over 32 gb of music anyways
    -good battery life
    - set up for wireless internet
    -preferably nice looking but this isnt essential since I dont want to comprimise on price!
    And any other features which would be needed for college use that I may have left out!

I haven't a clue about computers so excuse the lack of technical terms :D I dont want to spend much over €500 and if i can spend less for one which covers all my requirements then that would be great! I have no idea what brand or model to choose so a bit of help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement