Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA don't give a @*^# about Xbox customers???

Options
  • 31-07-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Ok this is he second game I have had this prob with first one been BF3 spent the launch month corresponding to finish with no solution and a €1 gift voucher from them for Pc game downloads. My current issue is with ME3 played since launch campaign and multi but last Friday suddenly started freezing once bi press start on start screen this happens online or offline , Xbox support have been brill on twitter and phone support contact me all weekend trying diff solutions before finally erasing all game saves deleting profile redownloading but still no luck, tried diff disk same result will play in console with silver account but hats it, Xbox contacted EA who said its a know issue which thn Xbox said unfortunately they step aside then as its policy for publisher to take over support then. Well contacted EA and got told yea we know about the issue for a month now their solution create a new Xbox live profile and start playing again , A) costing me to set up a new gold account B) losing me N7 rank and all equipment unlocked to date, well in my oppinion hats a kick in the a** for being a customer of there's!

So what's your opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ok this is he second game I have had this prob with first one been BF3 spent the launch month corresponding to finish with no solution and a €1 gift voucher from them for Pc game downloads. My current issue is with ME3 played since launch campaign and multi but last Friday suddenly started freezing once bi press start on start screen this happens online or offline , Xbox support have been brill on twitter and phone support contact me all weekend trying diff solutions before finally erasing all game saves deleting profile redownloading but still no luck, tried diff disk same result will play in console with silver account but hats it, Xbox contacted EA who said its a know issue which thn Xbox said unfortunately they step aside then as its policy for publisher to take over support then. Well contacted EA and got told yea we know about the issue for a month now their solution create a new Xbox live profile and start playing again , A) costing me to set up a new gold account B) losing me N7 rank and all equipment unlocked to date, well in my oppinion hats a kick in the a** for being a customer of there's!

So what's your opinions?

PM sent regarding your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I have several games that have issues. Some made by EA ,some games from different game studios. But in general experience, none of them really do. Have only managed to talk to 1 helpful staff member from EA, even that didn't help to solve the issues. I think game studios in general have horrible customer support regarding issues with games.

Nothing you can do really. I've stopped playing several games due to the fact that they asked me to delete all my game saves. It was too boring to start the same game again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is where the money from the online pass is going :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From reading up on it, it looks like it's a pretty nasty issue with regard to a corrupted file associated with your gamertag. Since the "fix" for it seems to remove your ability to play multiplayer I can't imagine there's an easy solution for it on Bioware's side either, at least one that doesn't involve harming everyone who hasn't been affected. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Ok fixed the problem myself thanks for the tip FutureGuy your a legend !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ok fixed the problem myself thanks for the tip FutureGuy your a legend !!!!!!!

Is this something that can be posted? If not can someone send me on the tip just for my own curiousity.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Don't think i can post it but will pm you

Right I'm going to clarify the situation.

There is a fatal glitch affecting a small number of Mass Effect 3 players (about a thousand). It has been affecting people since April but has clearly gone under the radar of most people. It means you cannot get past the start screen without your xbox freezing, 100% of the time.

Bioware have been aware of this since April but for whatever reason, they have not fixed the bug...so you can imagine someone spending 90 euro last April only for the game to break your profile rendering the game a piece of plastic. 4 months later, still no fix.

The community became so irate with this, they went about trying to figure it out for themselves. It doesn't affect the saves of your games in any way, and therefore deleting everything off the hard drive makes no difference at all. Despite this EA support kept saying that wiping the game from your harddrive would fix the problem...it never did. No fix worked.

Eventually, the reason was found. If you quit out of the mp game without going back to the main menu first, there is a chance that the game could corrupt a file associated with your actual gamertag. This is absolutely crazy.

Soon after, a player was able to create a fix. However, it involved hacking your gamertag to delete (not modify) 3 Mass Effect 3 files that were causing a problem.

Now, I do not condone any hacking of gamertags. If anyone discusses how to do it, they will be banned immediately from this forum, and most likely, you will get a ban from XBL if you alter anything related to your profile like gamer tag, avatar, achievents etc etc .

It's rediculous that the community had to do this, but it seems to be a necessity.

I repeat, I expect no discussion pertaining to how this procedure is carried out here on boards.

gizmo wrote: »
    From reading up on it, it looks like it's a pretty nasty issue with regard to a corrupted file associated with your gamertag. Since the "fix" for it seems to remove your ability to play multiplayer I can't imagine there's an easy solution for it on Bioware's side either, at least one that doesn't involve harming everyone who hasn't been affected. :(

Actually, the game works absolutely perfectly once the fix has been carried out. You can play single player and multi player. The fix does not in any way alter your character/stats/contents. The only thing you lose is your tracking towards certain achievents. For example, if you have 4800 kills towards the 5000 kill achievement, it gets reset back to 0. You keep all the achievements you have already earned, and you do not gain any new ones unfairly. It's unfortunate, but that's the price you have to pay.

The only reason I am even allowing the discussion on here is that the fix in no way gives the person any advantage. It merely allows them to play their game again because, as stated by many of members of the ME3 community, EA/BIOWARE either haven't a clue or couldn't be arsed fixing it.

Again, I am strongly against anyone who modifies their profile for personal gain, even if it is something as small as changing the colour of your avatar. MS will rightly deal with such people, but thankfully MS seem to be showing some common sense when dealing with this particular fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Actually, the game works absolutely perfectly once the fix has been carried out. You can play single player and multi player. The fix does not in any way alter your character/stats/contents. The only thing you lose is your tracking towards certain achievents. For example, if you have 4800 kills towards the 5000 kill achievement, it gets reset back to 0. You keep all the achievements you have already earned, and you do not gain any new ones unfairly. It's unfortunate, but that's the price you have to pay.

The only reason I am even allowing the discussion on here is that the fix in no way gives the person any advantage. It merely allows them to play their game again because, as stated by many of members of the ME3 community, EA/BIOWARE either haven't a clue or couldn't be arsed fixing it.

Again, I am strongly against anyone who modifies their profile for personal gain, even if it is something as small as changing the colour of your avatar. MS will rightly deal with such people, but thankfully MS seem to be showing some common sense when dealing with this particular fix.
    Ah, while reading up on said fix (assuming it's the same one) it was alluded to that it would (possibly) remove your ability to play ME3 online, glad to see it's not the case.

With regard to the bit I've added emphasis to above, as I mentioned earlier and indeed as you highlighted yourself, if deleting the offending file is the only way to fix the issue then it's no real surprise that Bioware may be unable (or unwilling) to fix it. If they were to roll a patch out for it then they'd end up affecting those who hadn't been hit with the bug and since the number is incredibly small, I'd imagine it will remain unfixed. I could be wrong of course but the fix has been out for about three months now and there's still been no word. Fingers crossed anyway. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement