Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long does it take for a personal injury case to get to the High Court?

• 31-07-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know how long it takes for a personal injury case to get to the High Court, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

there are threads here already on that.

I would estimate a hearing date not earlier than two years after your final medical report.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ilovebiology

nuac wrote: »
    there are threads here already on that.

I would estimate a hearing date not earlier than two years after your final medical report.

Ok, thanks a million Nuac :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

If your name starts with Dennis and ends in O'Brien, you'll be in tomorrow. For regular folks like you and I, a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

If your name starts with Dennis and ends in O'Brien, you'll be in tomorrow. For regular folks like you and I, a couple of years.

Most definitely not with personal injury cases

As others have said, two years from the date of the PIAB Authorisation would be typical but never unusual to be longer depending on a whole range of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Honestly it depends on a lot of factors. Your solicitor/barrister will be able to give you a best guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Nope. If Dennis O'Brien sued for Personal Injuries, it would take the same time as anyone else.

If Dennis O'Brien previously got a case on for hearing very quickly in the past, it was because he sued in the Commercial Court which is set up for the purpose of speedy disposal of cases. And it should be noted that a PI case cannot be taken in the Commercial Court...

Advertisement