Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indemnity Motion - Please Help

Options
  • 31-07-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Ok, Can someone please help. Whats an indemnity motion, how would it be relevent to a public area/club, what does it involbe, and has anyone any samples? I really need some help with this. And would really appricate it!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

helpme2012 wrote: »
    Ok, Can someone please help. Whats an indemnity motion, how would it be relevent to a public area/club, what does it involbe, and has anyone any samples? I really need some help with this. And would really appricate it!
    Thanks

As another poster has already suggested, you seem to be referring to Third Party procedure. This can be quite a minefield. If you are involved in litigation and you are considering a motion to join a third party or a co-defendant, you desperately need legal advice.

If you are referring to serving a Notice of Indemnity or Contribution on a co-defendant then that is a simpler matter but again, you would need to speak to a solicitor as to the significance of doing so.

I can't think of an area where an indemnity motion relates to a public area or club unless you are referring to some form of exclusion / indemnity clause in a lease or other contract.

Advertisement