Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repointing patio

Options
  • 31-07-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

hi guys, i have a patio @ the top of the garden that was put down about 8 years ago
    the filler that was used for pointing between the slabs was a product called Rompox,i think.
    anyway this has started to break down and i,m planning on removing it this weekend but i wont be using the premixed stuff(was 70 yoyos per can!):eek:
    need a few tips on what the best dry mix to use and an easy way to apply it.
    the gaps between the slabs are about 1" and underneath is silica sand which is on top of of a hardcore.
    thanx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

hi guys, i have a patio @ the top of the garden that was put down about 8 years ago
    the filler that was used for pointing between the slabs was a product called Rompox,i think.
    anyway this has started to break down and i,m planning on removing it this weekend but i wont be using the premixed stuff(was 70 yoyos per can!):eek:
    need a few tips on what the best dry mix to use and an easy way to apply it.
    the gaps between the slabs are about 1" and underneath is silica sand which is on top of of a hardcore.
    thanx in advance
    How big is patio?
    What type of slabs?
    Rompox should cost €30 ish a can.
    Got a pic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

approx 35 euro per tin of Rompox.

15kg Tub of "permajoint" from Kilsaran is 35 euro.

Brush it in dry,brush away the excess,lightly wet down the area and leave to dry.

Goes soild and makes a nice jointing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

paddy147 wrote: »
    approx 35 euro per tin of Rompox.

15kg Tub of "permajoint" from Kilsaran is 35 euro.

Brush it in dry,brush away the excess,lightly wet down the area and leave to dry.

Goes soild and makes a nice jointing too.

would ye favour 'permajoint' over rompox, or same difference?

would ye favour 'permajoint' over rompox, or same difference?

Havent a clue,as Ive not used either.

Just thought Id give you the prices after I was out looking at patio slabs at Natural Stone Yard in Ashbourne and also Kilsaran HQ in Clonee.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

sound
    stil reckon it would be cheaper to do a dry mix of sand and cementb though,
    where they a large tin paddy,reckon you'd prob need 2 for a standard size patio?
    also once you open the tin ,the clock is ticking!

• Advertisement

sound
    stil reckon it would be cheaper to do a dry mix of sand and cementb though,
    where they a large tin paddy,reckon you'd prob need 2 for a standard size patio?
    also once you open the tin ,the clock is ticking!

3 tubs would do my patio,which is 22 square meters.

The mixture come in 2 re-sealable bags inside each tub.

You can reseal each bag,if you only want to use a bit of the stuff.

Advertisement