Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm certification company reccomendation

Options
  • 31-07-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

Applying for my PSA exemption order soon to install alarms. Can anyone recommend a certification company. Also, do I need to apply to a certification before I apply for the exemption order? I hope not as I just about have enough for the license..

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

SSAIB or EQA , keep away from NSAI is my advice. They will have you running around in circles with stuff thats not relevant.
    You send in your application then you get your exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    Hi,

Applying for my PSA exemption order soon to install alarms. Can anyone recommend a certification company. Also, do I need to apply to a certification before I apply for the exemption order? I hope not as I just about have enough for the license..

Thanks

You need the exemption order from the PSA to install the systems so your certification body can inspect your work. You will need to apply to both. I use the EQA and find them very helpful with any questions that might pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭paulcdub85

Thanks for that,

I hear it's about 1,000eur for the alarm certification, is it the same for the cctv?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    Thanks for that,

I hear it's about 1,000eur for the alarm certification, is it the same for the cctv?

Some are doing deals on it for both but if you have not got any type of certification I would shop around as they may charge more.

Advertisement