Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would anyone here try one of these courses?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So I signed up just for the Solid State Chemistry one so far. Gonna look at the others now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I do the bump thang on this thread as I think it's worth that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I do the bump thang on this thread as I think it's worth that.

I'm 3 weeks in the the computer programming course:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Is the computer programming course difficult?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Education on my after hours? It's more likely than you think.

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Not really it takes you through it step by step...I had no programming experience before this

Postgrad10 wrote: »

I'm more than half way through an introductory course on the R programming language on coursera.org. I've read most of an introductory book on it (The Art of R Programming) before, but liked the idea of following a course, there's a more advanced one coming up in 2013, I think. The two are offered by John Hopkins in the US.

I must say that I've found it fairly easy going, however some are not. These courses are definitely worth a look, bar you know everything. Great for racing through, if you 'get' it, great for providing a framework for 'getting' it, if you don't.

Following a couple of Python courses too (also coursera.org), as I've known a lot more Perl (almost all forgotten) than Python & Python's lookin' the healthier prospect these days.

Scala course didn't do it for me. Or, perhaps, I didn't do it for the Scala course.

Courses on Parallel Programming coming up over the next few weeks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

*checks spam folder*

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Three weeks behind already, this is like Uni all over again.:(

Where To wrote: »
    *checks spam folder*

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Three weeks behind already, this is like Uni all over again.:(

Maybe you'll get the ride this time 'round off some young wan... arf arf arf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Signed up for Health Sciences & SSC. Seems like a good way to kill some time while my MSc is winding down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I honestly have no idea whats going on. This is a complete joke site, right?

I honestly have no idea whats going on. This is a complete joke site, right?

How so?

It's not a joke, I can assure you. You can, on a number of sites, sign up for access to video lectures & automated marking of assignments/quizzes - resulting in a digital certificate of completion for those who score (generally, for most courses I've seen) 70% or more.

While you might think it's easy as most of the assessment is open book, it appears it's not for a lot of folks. Courses are online versions of courses offered by many fairly prestigious universities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I'm waiting to hear something, anything about this one that I signed up to ( https://www.edx.org/courses/HarvardX/CS50x/2012/about ) when this topic started.

Next Monday (15th Oct) lets hope it starts. If I can do this I can do any kind of course!!!

Thanks again OP for the link!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

It's fantastic, I signed up for the Greek and Roman Mythology course when this link was first posted. I got an e-mail yesterday about my first assignment. Best of luck with your course everyone :)

I'm waiting to hear something, anything about this one that I signed up to ( https://www.edx.org/courses/HarvardX/CS50x/2012/about ) when this topic started.

Next Monday (15th Oct) lets hope it starts. If I can do this I can do any kind of course!!!

Thanks again OP for the link!!!!

I just checked and I signed up for that one aswell:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

this is brilliant, many thanks for posting
    http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Signed up for Offshore Banking and Tax Evasion ......... but gave a false eMail in case NAMA were on my tail

Advertisement