Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV direct wide angle twilight dome

Options
  • 31-07-2012 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Minding a house for the neighbour while he's away and noticed his back dome camera is no longer working . I checked the footage and I can see the camera feed going dark blue and I can barely make out the objects then over the course of 2 hours the feed Is loss completely .
    Won't be able to get up at the camera till tomorrow but it looks fine externally ie no cracked lens

Power supply is ok

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

First thing to do is check the voltage going to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I should have mentioned the power supply is split into 3 cameras

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I presume its probably 2 amp which should be fine. However you still need to check the voltage feeding the camera.

It's a five amp . It connects into the dvr then to the cameras .. It was bought in kit form and was installed in October. Il give it a shot .. All the wires were premade .. Just out of curiosity could a mouse or erm rat chew the cable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

It's a five amp . It connects into the dvr then to the cameras .. It was bought in kit form and was installed in October. Il give it a shot .. All the wires were premade .. Just out of curiosity could a mouse or erm rat chew the cable ?

Yes they would, they are not fussy :D

• Advertisement

May go look in the attic ! Hopefully it's not the dome :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

May go look in the attic ! Hopefully it's not the dome :/

Take one of the other leads and connect it direct into the camera to rule out the cable.

Will do :)

2 posts deleted.
    @ CCTV direct please read the message I sent to you.

@ CCTV direct .. I was over today and checked connections . The DVR is powered via a Seperate 3amp adaptor ( my mistake didn't check properly the first time !)
    The three cameras are powered from the one 5amp trafo . The other 2 are fine and the back dome only went recently as they've been working fine since October .
    :-)

• Advertisement

Tried that number :/ I'm being told you cannot accept this call

Advertisement