Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Tri.

• 31-07-2012 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Well I have being putting this off for 2 years now i fear that the 1.5 km Swim 40 km Bike 10 km Run could very well Conquer me,

So Last Saturday i was down in Kinsale watching the Sprint Tri. After seen this i set my self some Goals over the next 2 years.

April 2013 i will be ready for a Adventure Race. This should set me up,
    I will then plan on Doing 2 Sprint Triathlon, then in 2014 i will be set to do 2 Sprint Triathlons and one Standard Triathlon.

Its not the Mileage or the Time on Bike i should be Worrying about at this point..

Its the Kitchen and my Eating Habits that i need to kick first,

Well to start off with my Eating, I haven't Touch a Bar of Chocolate of Any kind within the Last 6 weeks, So i plan on keeping this up. I dont eat my Greens so i am forcing my Self to eat them and I'm starting to like them. After Watching "The Science of Triathlon" I'm starting to understand how to eat when to eat and what not the eat.

So thats the Kitchen Conquered, Just need to Conquer my Shopping List break out of the Habit of Pick up sweats and Biscuits in the shop as i know in one sitting i could put down at list 15 Biscuits with a Cup of Tea.

Well for my Training, I was Injured for the last 6 weeks so i have not being on the bike, I'm starting to get back into Training Last week and this week.

I plan on doing

Mon - 6.30 AM 7 * 100 M with 20 seconds Rest between each,
    7.00 PM 40 Minute Spinning Class with 1 km Run

Tues - 6.30 AM 5*100 M with 20 Seconds Rest between Each,
    PM Rest

Wed - 6.30 AM Endurance Weight Session
    8.00 PM Pilates

Thurs - 7.00 AM Spinning
    PM Rest

Fri - AM Rest
    6.00 PM 1 km
    7.00 PM Spinning Class
    8.00 PM 7 * 100 M with 20 seconds Rest between each,

Sat - AM REST
    12 PM Spinning Class
    1 PM 1.5 km Run

Sun - AM 3 hr easy bike ride
    PM Rest.

That is a 6 Week Program after each week i will increase the run to .5 km, i will leave the swim to what it is just lower the rest between each 100m

After the 6 Weeks is up i will Change the Program around.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck with your training Cork24. I bet you will find once you do your first triathlon you will be dying to do more and more. That's what happened my anyway. Keep us updated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Good luck with your training and your log. :)

Advertisement