Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen dog in cork

• 31-07-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This is horrible, just saw it on done deal. Do people take dogs like this for breeding?

<snip> Sorry OP, links to Donedeal are not allowed under the forum charter due to libel issues.
    However, I'll leave the thread running as I think other readers will get the gist of what the thread is about.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

lucysocks wrote: »
    This is horrible, just saw it on done deal. Do people take dogs like this for breeding?

<snip>

Sometimes can be a lot worse than breeding dogs are stolen for I am afraid. Absolute scum that do this type of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

mobby wrote: »
    Sometimes can be a lot worse than breeding dogs are stolen for I am afraid. Absolute scum that do this type of thing.

Not looking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

There's been a spate of dognappings in the Northside. I feel sorry for the poor people who had their dog taken, but this has been well known for some time. Yet people still leave their dogs out in the garden, and let their dogs roam unsupervised.

Thought it had all died down, but sadly, it appears not. I really hope their dog is found soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There's been a spate of dognappings in the Northside. I feel sorry for the poor people who had their dog taken, but this has been well known for some time. Yet people still leave their dogs out in the garden, and let their dogs roam unsupervised.

Thought it had all died down, but sadly, it appears not. I really hope their dog is found soon.

Absolutely.. yesterday I could have easily taken the brown lab .... Had we had space for a third dog...no collar .... lovely dog..

And this rarely comes up in the indoior/outdoor arguments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Poor dog, I hope he turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Not unusual but still shocking. Keep your dog in your house when you're not around seems to be the moral of the story. These people aren't scared of dogs no matter what size. Ive heard of 3 full grown GSDs that were taken from 1 house so dont think just because you have a rottie/wolf/tank cross that your dog is safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Lovely dog, Hope they find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 krusty_10

Looks like this dog has turned up in Limerick Animal Welfare. I saw this thread last week and then got a Facebook message earlier from a dog lover friend about a dog found by LAW and I remembered this dog. I sent her a message - she sent a message to LAW. They rang the guy in cork and he is sure it is his dog. So a happy reunion tomorrow. Power of the internet and a justifiable reason to be spending time on Boards.ie and Facebook. I'm chuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Great news!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

krusty_10 wrote: »
    Looks like this dog has turned up in Limerick Animal Welfare. I saw this thread last week and then got a Facebook message earlier from a dog lover friend about a dog found by LAW and I remembered this dog. I sent her a message - she sent a message to LAW. They rang the guy in cork and he is sure it is his dog. So a happy reunion tomorrow. Power of the internet and a justifiable reason to be spending time on Boards.ie and Facebook. I'm chuffed.

That is just brilliant - fantastic...well done!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement