Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show jumping

Options
  • 31-07-2012 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

So eh....

Who's in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So eh....

Who's in?
    Count me in maybe we could put up some fences out in Harvey Norman car park and take half a dozen horses from carrickphierish fields ?? Free show jumping how bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The last time I was on a horse my brother gave it a slap on the arse and it took off and ran into the hen house and I fell off and ended up in plaster with a fractured wrist. It is 31 years to the day since I spent the day in A&E. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

What about water polo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

For years I've pondered as to which sport you could start as an adult and within a short space of time be ready to go to the Olympics.

I decided on Dressage because at the end of the day you only need to stay on the horse and let it walk backwards and forwards at a slow pace.

I know this is pretty simplistic and in truth it only ever comes up in conversation late at night after a few too many cans and stuff.

As luck would have it, last Saturday night while at KnockanStockan I happened to get into conversation with someone about of the Olympics, raised the subject and was promptly told that they had done Dressage and I was greatly mistaken in my simplistic view of the skills required to make the horse walk backwards.

Just thought I'd share that with 'The Group' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

I'd love to do it but my horse won't take enough drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

i hope this showjumping u talk about is in waterford city since this is the waterford city forum.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

One of the British rowers who won the female double skulls or whatever it was today only started rowing after the Beijing Olympics. Thought that was interesting, following on from old_gregg.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I cant do it. My horse is missing, hmmm new thread maybe :p

Advertisement