Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Play to his strengths and he will score, hopefully Deulofeu will get a good run of games and keep supplying those type of crosses.
    Give me goals any day over performance. Goals win games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

wally79 wrote: »
    Fumes Mori looks very uncomfortable on the ball. Doesn't seem like the type of player Bobby wants.

Not sure why you would go to S America to sign someone who isn't good on the ball

Was at fault for first goal although Barry should easily have cleaned up his mess

A lot of S America based pundits were saying that he is a gamble when we signed him - he blocked a good few of their crosses but as you say he doesn't look too great with the ball at his feet

Regarding the goal, when you play out from the back there will be times when possession is lost, for me the onus was on Barry and made a hash of it, Barry has been very poor in possession and needs to be replaced fairly sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

4 of those came in the 2 games I mentioned and 2 came against Barnsley

He has not been effective otherwise

You can't use the opposition as a meter. He can only score if he's playing and doesn't matter who the opposition is.

Last night West Brom fans gave him a standing ovation . He's not a perfect player at all but he is the best we have in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

ciaran76 wrote: »
    You can't use the opposition as a meter. He can only score if he's playing and doesn't matter who the opposition is.

Last night West Brom fans gave him a standing ovation . He's not a perfect player at all but he is the best we have in that position.

Part of the ovation was because he played for them previously

When he's bothered he's very good

I just feel there are too many games where he's not bothered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

A lot of S America based pundits were saying that he is a gamble when we signed him - he blocked a good few of their crosses but as you say he doesn't look too great with the ball at his feet

Regarding the goal, when you play out from the back there will be times when possession is lost, for me the onus was on Barry and made a hash of it, Barry has been very poor in possession and needs to be replaced fairly sharpish

Barry really settles the team though.
    If he has to move around a lot he gets caught out.

It's what you get with an older player I suppose.

I though Gibson was good when he came on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Lukaku is ****e and very lazy. Needs to be dropped to get his attitude right. He didn't even try for the first hour

if Lukaku is ****e , what does that make Kone ? , actually no .
    Strikers have barren periods , when Lukaku is good he is many things , but not ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm actually not worried about the derby this Sunday

for the first time in years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

nice_guy80 wrote: »

I would think Everton are favourites. Which is weird. Rogers is a dead man walking. A bad result for them could be the last straw for the few Liverpool fans that still support him.

nice_guy80 wrote: »

agree, right now we are a more rounded and better team than them , we've come on from last year , and they have gone backwards the last 2 years (ever since Suarez left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Oh god confident Everton fans. We're boned.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Daniel S. will probably score a hat-trick against us now...
    Confidence brings out the pessimist in me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I hate being confident :confused:

Been ripping the piss out of the RS's in work over the last couple of days.
    I know I shouldn't....and I know it's often the team in poor form who are the very ones that show up for derby's and win it....but I can't help myself!

Don't make an ass of me Everton!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Laois_Man wrote: »

Don't make an ass of me Everton!! :cool:

Not been a fan long then :P

1-2. Some youngfellla that we've never heard of will score the winner for them in the 98th minute of injury time and will go on to be the worlds best player surpassing messi and Ronaldo. All this after stones, McCarthy and lukaku have been either sent off or stretchered off. A Chelsea fan wearing a liverpool kit will start a riot and Everton will be relegated to the conference and hit with a transfer embargo for ten seasons.

Call me pessimistic but that's how I think it'll pan out.

Gavlor wrote: »
    1-2. Some youngfellla that we've never heard of will score the winner for them in the 98th minute of injury time and will go on to be the worlds best player surpassing messi and Ronaldo. All this after stones, McCarthy and lukaku have been either sent off or stretchered off. A Chelsea fan wearing a liverpool kit will start a riot and Everton will be relegated to the conference and hit with a transfer embargo for ten seasons.

Call me pessimistic but that's how I think it'll pan out.

You know, when you've been Everton'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

It's the hope that kills you

No stones or Coleman.

Sh!te

Just tuned in, is there an Everton voice on the panel on sky. Heard Carragher and Souness there bigging up pool just wondering was there balance?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Joshua J wrote: »
    Just tuned in, is there an Everton voice on the panel on sky. Heard Carragher and Souness there bigging up pool just wondering was there balance?.

No but that's normal unfortunately

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    No but that's normal unfortunately
    It shouldnt tick me off but it does. As you say is the norm.

God job Bobby doesn't believe in practising corners or we'd be in trouble here. Came out like they just got out of bed.

EDIT: That cross from Del is so hard to deal with caused WBA all sorts of bother. Get in Rom.

Lack the killer instinct they were there for the taking same as at Swansea. Mori looks like a player that interception at the end stopped a riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Didn't do enough to win. Some decent performances from Galloway, Mori and lukaku. Lennon did nothing when he came on though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

The potential in those 2 fullbacks is frightening, hopefully Everton can hold on to them aswell as Stones.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Didn't do enough to win. Some decent performances from Galloway, Mori and lukaku. Lennon did nothing when he came on though.

Lennon set up that Lukaku shot and got nice cross in as well. Apart from our goal the Liverpool left back performed well. Gerry D was hardly in the game and a change was needed.

Lukaku was awesome. We need to see a lot more of that.

I was worried about our defence. Baines, Stones and Coleman could all be sold and there's replacements there already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

With 3 regulars out of back 4 missing I was worried but they played well enough. Defending headers/ set pieces seem still to be an issue.

With 3 regulars out of back 4 missing I was worried but they played well enough. Defending headers/ set pieces seem still to be an issue.

Barkley was at fault for the defending against West Brom and today. Martinez needs to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Howard's fault all day long, any corner coming into the six yard should be his - he wimped out and we paid the price.

They were there for the taking but once again we have lacked a clinical edge

• Advertisement

Add Besic and garbutt to the list and it shows the strength we now have

We bottled that game yesterday

They were there for the taking.
    Crazy that Rodger never lost a merseyside derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The potential in those 2 fullbacks is frightening, hopefully Everton can hold on to them aswell as Stones.

In the longer term, Galloway will mainly be a center back for us.

Great prospect - but I have the feeling he'll eventually be replacing Stones in that position rather than partnering him!

McCarthy was immense this evening v Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No. He was terrible. He has never played well for Ireland because he doesnt care and is over hyped.

Am I doing it right? Isnt that the line they say no matter how he does? :P

Kirby wrote: »
    No. He was terrible. He has never played well for Ireland because he doesnt care and is over hyped.

Am I doing it right? Isnt that the line they say no matter how he does? :P

First time he's played in his correct position

Dunphy, shut the **** up

• Advertisement

Worth a read, some interesting, if very frustrating points raised:

http://evertonviral.com/everton-board-out-statement/

Worth a read, some interesting, if very frustrating points raised:

http://evertonviral.com/everton-board-out-statement/

Depressing stuff, unbelievable that Bill and his brigade still hold the reins. Not going to change anytime soon unfortunately.

The fact that BBC are running with it as well would give some hope

has to be a bit of good news - always,amazed why investors are slow to purchase Everton - probably a combination of Bill K ego and lack of modern stadium - fingers crossed for something good, if we are to push on seriously

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »
    has to be a bit of good news - always,amazed why investors are slow to purchase Everton - probably a combination of Bill K ego and lack of modern stadium - fingers crossed for something good, if we are to push on seriously

I don't buy into the bill k stuff but the stadium is definitely a factor

Without the city of Manchester stadium I don't thing they would have been taken over

Everton should be trying to get the commonwealth games to Liverpool

Although the council would probably give a new stadium to the rs

AGM scheduled, fake takeover talk emerges, same scam each time.

Liamalone wrote: »
    AGM scheduled, fake takeover talk emerges, same scam each time.

True but there appears to be a bit more to it this time. ie it's not the echo

https://twitter.com/philmcnulty/status/654997407785197569

2-1 tomorrow to the blues, please

pipe down you Mancs

2-1 tomorrow to the blues, please

pipe down you Mancs

A lot of the Everton debt paid off yesterday

https://twitter.com/watchedtoffee/status/655156263949639680

RIP Howard Kendall

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

RIP Howard Kendall

:(

Oh no. This is a sad day. I had no idea he was unwell.
    RIP Howard Kendall.

Sad news.

RIP

Everton Great

Naismith lads. Is he worth it for his work rate if he gives the ball away 9/10 times he gets it?. I'd say no.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement