Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Would be great but we've had too many false dawns to get worked up about this one just yet.

it would be feckin great to see direct investment in efc for once and maybe the club can cut out sh!te short term debt and junior infant commercial dealings.

Bit of background popping up here, the firm with the majority of our recent short term debt has links to coolmore, as apparently does the U.S. Consortium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

eh i dunno wrote: »
    200m US takeover talk in the times tomorrow. Hopefully it goes through and they have a manager and a keeper lined up

be great if its true - wouldn't take much to propel us to our rightful place - the past few years have been painful, its 20 years since we have won something - nice Christmas present for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

A little piece about our rumoured new owner
    http://sidespin.kinja.com/the-padres-suck-heres-why-472930403

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

lol @ takeover talk. Anyone fancy buying a half season ticket? On sale now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

thebaz wrote: »
    Given the current ownership , lack of ambition, mid table obscurity unfortunately is what is realistic - If we sack Martinez , do you believe Mourinho or Pep G will come to Goodison ??
    sadly its a long time since Everton have been a top 5 club in all areas. With the right funding , the team could really move on, but we have been in slow decline under Bill K reign of broken promises.

We had top 5 under Moyes. There is plenty up and coming managers out there, Bournemouth manager would be my choice or Burnley manager.

Martinez is useless and under achieving with the talent he has in that team

http://www.football365.com/news/is-roberto-martinez-holding-everton-back

Yes he is holding us back and it's time he was put under pressure.

We had top 5 under Moyes. There is plenty up and coming managers out there, Bournemouth manager would be my choice or Burnley manager.

Martinez is useless and under achieving with the talent he has in that team

Maybe he is under achieving . but he is certainly not useless - hate this personal abuse - when we play well we are as good as anyone , and that is Martiez coaching , we certainly lack consistency - hate the perusal abuse stuff - he is a decent guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Maybe he is under achieving . but he is certainly not useless - hate this personal abuse - when we play well we are as good as anyone , and that is Martiez coaching , we certainly lack consistency - hate the perusal abuse stuff - he is a decent guy

You are right and wrong at the same time

Martinez is very lucky that Mourinho and LVG have been soaking up the headlines because if they had been doing well I can guarantee that the press would be looking more deeply into the fact that he has done nothing but take us backwards since August 2014.

He had a great first season but has done nothing to build on it - and that is his fault alone because the board backed him financially and they didn't sell Stones or Barkley from underneath him (as they did with Moyes in the past)

When we are good we are very good and when we are poor we are very poor - there is no consistency, no plan B when things don't work and some awful decisions/non-decisions made by Martinez contribute to the fact that we are now 10th - in a season where all the big guns are losing silly matches here and there we are 10th!

It is absolutely unacceptable for a club of our stature, with the players at our disposal to be 10th at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

It's not personal abuse. It's questioning his approach to management. This is discussion forum, that's what we're suppose to do. Good or bad.

You make a habit of questioning Kenwright and the board on a regular basis. Would you prefer if you could only say positive stuff about them as well?

Martinez on the surface looks like a sound man but if he can't organise a defence to defend from set pieces or continues to pick players who are underperforming, I'm not going to go easy on him.

Lumbo wrote: »
    It's not personal abuse. It's questioning his approach to management. This is discussion forum, that's what we're suppose to do. Good or bad.

You make a habit of questioning Kenwright and the board on a regular basis. Would you prefer if you could only say positive stuff about them as well?

I think he gets little kudos for anything here , and calling him useless , I don't think is fair - the brand of football we play when good , is the way I like my football played - maybe someone like Tony Pullis , would give us some consistency, but thats not the football I like.

• Advertisement

Lumbo wrote: »

Martinez on the surface looks like a sound man but if he can't organise a defence to defend from set pieces or continues to pick players who are underperforming, I'm not going to go easy on him.

To be fair he's probably referring to the fact I have referred to him (Martinez, not baz) as a clown at times - things like that from others as well

I think he gets little kudos for anything here , and calling him useless , I don't think is fair - the brand of football we play when good , is the way I like my football played - maybe someone like Tony Pullis , would give us some consistency, but thats not the football I like.

We all know that when it works it's brilliant to watch, but the truth is that we should be doing much better than we are

He has no plan B, everyone has caught on to that. He couldn't buy a defender to save himself. Sooner out the better, yes he is a nice guy and the women love him.

But its the football thats important and he is not bringing us forward.

So once he plays the football that you like, its all grand even if it set us back years?

So once he plays the football that you like, its all grand even if it set us back years?

his football style is not setting us back years - a Tony Pullis hoofball approach , might be more consistent, but that would set us back long term - there is a history of Everton playing football , the right way , and I'm all for that.

his football style is not setting us back years - a Tony Pullis hoofball approach , might be more consistent, but that would set us back long term - there is a history of Everton playing football , the right way , and I'm all for that.

So it's all about the football and not the result?
    You must of hated the moyes era of solid football

So it's all about the football and not the result?
    You must of hated the moyes era of solid football

in the long term and for real success football played the right way will triumph , thankfully - there are exceptions , Greece a few years ago - honestly, I found the Moyes years ok, but it was flat , hardly edge of the seat stuff.

The current team with a little investment, could and should push on - with real investment a top 4 and run in Europe would be possible

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

in the long term and for real success football played the right way will triumph , thankfully - there are exceptions , Greece a few years ago - honestly, I found the Moyes years ok, but it was flat , hardly edge of the seat stuff.

The current team with a little investment, could and should push on - with real investment a top 4 and run in Europe would be possible

I think investment would be wasted on Martinez. He'd have more expensive players playing exactly the same way. He needs to have a serious look at his philosophy on football and I don't think he's capable of doing that.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

His philosophy is fine with me. His picking of players, is fcking mind blowing tho.

• Advertisement

Have a read of this

https://twitter.com/umaxitfootball/status/679474044857483266

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

So those are the only 2 choices? Play Martinez lovely passing game without any visible sign of a real plan or hoof the ball. I didn't realise it was that simple.

Which one do Leicester use? Their squad is similar if not worse than ours so they must be playing hoofball or they would be in the same position as us

To be honest our first 11 are easily top four material already, better than liverpool first 11.

For me is get the results and once that happens, the style of play can come.

Exactly what Ferguson did at utd.

I have no problem with good football but the results have to match and not send us down the table like it has.

Howe would be my pick

wally79 wrote: »
    So those are the only 2 choices? Play Martinez lovely passing game without any visible sign of a real plan or hoof the ball. I didn't realise it was that simple.

Really - is that what I said ?? - Just find the constant personal sniping at Martinez a bit much , his record at Swansea and Wigan was excellent - Any one who has coached will know its not that easy a job . Had eneogh bickering - its Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Really - is that what I said ?? - Just find the constant personal sniping at Martinez a bit much , his record at Swansea and Wigan was excellent - Any one who has coached will know its not that easy a job . Had eneogh bickering - its Christmas

Wigan were relegated under Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

I don't get this and I've heard other Bobby acolytes saying it too but how is his record at Wigan excellent?. He relegated them, FA cup be damned. If we got relegated and won a cup it would be a disaster. People say he had inferior players at Wigan but maybe the evidence is now showing that they weren't the problem cause we're playing as badly as they did but have vastly superior players so we nick more points due to individual quality alone.

All this gnashing of teeth is pointless anyway cause he's going nowhere mores the pity.

Edit:Nice guy beat me to it.

• Advertisement

We all want the same thing, success for Everton.

Happy Christmas!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Happy Christmas!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bah Humbug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Yes you said we can't be consistent without hoofing the ball

Gavlor wrote: »
    We all want the same thing, success for Everton.

Happy Christmas!

thats it - I want success, like the rest - happy Christmas all

if that takeover talk is for real , things may get better Everton wise for 2016

• Advertisement

Kone finally dropped and so is Gerry. Mirallas and Lennon start. Lose and we are only 3 points ahead of Newcastle and getting dragged towards the bottom 3.

Get f&cking in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Late Christmas present there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

tom cleverly he scores when he likes! well deserved 3pts guys

SickBoy wrote: »
    Late Christmas present there.

Take all gifts with a smile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

That was a great header but there's still plenty to be worried about in that game! More than plenty!

Phew. Deserved it though

Laois_Man wrote: »
    That was a great header but there's still plenty to be worried about in that game! More than plenty!

a win is a win , in this crazy league - there always stuff to worry about , but lets enjoy

the league always takes shape over Christmas it's really important that we stay in touch.

COYB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

a win is a win , in this crazy league - there always stuff to worry about , but lets enjoy

There shouldn't be THIS much to worry about tho....specifically at the back where we're pretty much as bad as can be

• Advertisement

I'll take 3 points away from home all day long.

http://www.elverys.ie/category/everton-fc/0000002143

Elverys have home and away kits on sale for 45 quid if anyone is looking one . Lifestyle have it for 45 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

3 points today would do very nicely

Hate playing Stoke

KONE

Gavlor wrote: »
    KONE

Hard to believe. At least McCarthy is back though. Will take a scrappy 1 nil

McCarthy off injured again.

Lovely

A mess at the back again

eh i dunno wrote: »
    A mess at the back again

If there was investment in the club our defence would be magically organised

Simple long ball and one touch finish. Defence was poor and Howard in no mans land

Some finish tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement