Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

3-2 up with 10 mins to go and lose 4-3.

Useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Martinez must go after that. The clown hasn't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Obvious problem is obvious again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Very harsh penalty.

Very harsh penalty.

We've been done by Clattenburg more then once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lol. Even at 3-2 I knew we'd concede. Just didn't think we'd concede 2 ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

This is why I was moaning after the Newcastle game, especially about the defense when some people here couldn't see further than the result! The amount of chances we give up even against teams that only get 30% possession against us is ridiculous. I absolutely knew we were going to concede at least 2 today...and we will against Tottenham too. Stoke had only scored 6 away from home all season - neither Shaqiri nor Joselu had scored at all before today. They had 5 shots on target and scored 4. We're 3-2 up with less than 20 minutes to go and we lose...at home...and I wasn't even fookin surprised coz we have no idea how to close out a game and it was still as open as a 24 hour brothel. Martinez is utter turd. And yanno what, I don't even give him credit for the first season coz that was all about our players proving that what went before it wasn't just all about Moyes.

I could rant for 25 fookin paragraphs but I'll leave it at that.

Seething!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Ill say nothing --

one word - ****

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

inept soft theres no way after going 3-2 you should loose .

team cant defend , no balance , kone a Complete passanger , stones neads to learn how to boot a long ball up the other end and defend and head a ball

dont deserve to win games when goals go in so easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I cannot see Lukaku hanging around much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I cannot see Lukaku hanging around much longer

Or Duelofeu.....

Or Stones....

Or Barkley.....

Yeah. Credit to Bobby, he has assembled a good squad.
    But then complete mis management of the squad we have.

Desperate need for a new keeper

Nobody trusts him and it is causing mistakes

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Desperate need for a new keeper

Nobody trusts him and it is causing mistakes

ever since he shot to world wide fame at the World Cup, he's fallen from brilliance to useless - talk about fame going to ones head or believing the hype. Sad really.

Or Duelofeu.....

Or Stones....

Or Barkley.....

Barkley has no reason to moan. He's a big part of the problem. The English media continue to hype him up but after a fairly bright start to the season, he's been mostly useless for several weeks now (and was also for almost all of last season too). The whole system of 2 defensive midfielders (where Barkley played most of the game today) to protect the back 4, they don't really do it do they? Not when they're trying to cover for 2 roaming full-backs at the same time.

For all the talk about the Golden Generation, there's still a lot of muck in the team. Kone's position is huge and the likes of Naismith and Mirallas would be an upgrade on him but are no great shakes either. We need a 'keeper coz I don't really trust Robles either. Funes Mori is average. Galloway probably isn't really ready for first team premier league action

And then there's complete pointless deadwood like Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar (who isn't actually injured and still never gets in the squad) McGeady and arguably Gibson.

With Jags, Baines and Barry all into their 30's, that's almost a whole team who need replacing in the not too distant future, so I hope these investors, if they're not already frightened away by the clubs accounts and lack of assets, are going to come in and fix this ****. Starting with getting a manager who doesn't think it's his job to entertain the pundits, commentators and the rest of the world with top heavy attacking tactics.

thebaz wrote: »
    ever since he shot to world wide fame at the World Cup, he's fallen from brilliance to useless - talk about fame going to ones head or believing the hype. Sad really.

It was all about the "World record" 16 saves against Belgium.
    All bar one were routine "saves"
    I was embarrassed for him!

It has gone beyond a joke, that stat about stoke only scoring 5 or 6 away this season sums it up. We are a shambles. 9 points from top 4 but 9 points from relegation. If villa and the bottom 4 weren't so ****e we'd be f&cked.

I reckon I could do a better job at organising the team than Martinez does. Everything is a phenomenal, important part of what we are trying to achieve here but it's all a load of bollox.

Either get a decent defensive coach or piss off Martinez, enough is enough.

I saw a stat over on GOT about his team's defensive record from Wigan through to Everton

the only year his team didn't concede buckets of goals was when he inherited Moyes' defence

This isn't particularly well written but it still hits the nail on the head. I wish more of the mainstream media would take note of the pattern emerging, it might at least lead to a change in tactics/training

http://www.back-post.com/2015/12/29/everton-six-wins-from-nineteen-games-six/

Look at the Premier League table by calendar year,

Everton 10th: P38 W13 D13 L12

That's 52 points

In 2014, despite Martinez' great first season that we keep hearing about, it was really only a great first half a season coz we were only marginally better with 56.

And with the second half of this season probably being more difficult than the first half (considering we have to play away to City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, even Leicester) the downward spiral could realistically see us get less than the 26 points we have got in the first half of the season - especially if something happens to Lukaku.

Its been 2 full years and still getting worse.....He has to go. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place!!

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Look at the Premier League table by calendar year,

Everton 10th: P38 W13 D13 L12

That's 52 points

In 2014, despite Martinez' great first season that we keep hearing about, it was really only a great first half a season coz we were only marginally better with 56.

And with the second half of this season probably being more difficult than the first half (considering we have to play away to City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, even Leicester) the downward spiral could realistically see us get less than the 26 points we have got in the first half of the season - especially if something happens to Lukaku.

Its been 2 full years and still getting worse.....He has to go. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place!!

Jesus that really highlights the inconsistency. W13 D13 L12

Consistently crap

If we lose to Spurs, then the knives will justifiably be out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Now I get the feeling that some here want us to lose to Spurs....

SickBoy wrote: »
    Now I get the feeling that some here want us to lose to Spurs....

Not me anyway, would love to beat them to show exactly what Everton are capable of. That in itself would highlight the inconsistency that occurs under Martinez.

The game against City in n the League Cup will be the game where the **** hits the fan. Fingers crossed Martinez gets it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Who do you put in instead of him? Saying he has to go is one thing. But getting rid of him just to put in someone as equally as inept isn't going to solve anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Who do you put in instead of him? Saying he has to go is one thing. But getting rid of him just to put in someone as equally as inept isn't going to solve anything.

Finding another blind stubborn idealist would be a feat in itself. 95% of managers in the prem/championship would achieve better results than Bobby, with varying degrees of course. But he's not going anywhere so it's all moot.

It might sort out the defensive problems. Something that Matinez has both an inability to do and a philosophy against. Everton are imbalanced, that's the problem and it's not working. Either the philosophy changes or the manager does.

Ronald De Boer - massively successful in Holland and he's ready to come to England and take a top job.

Our team, on paper, is capable of being in the top 6 (minimum) every season - that Martinez is somehow managing to feck it up is beyond me

• Advertisement

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/29/will-roberto-martinez-end-up-driving-romelu-lukaku-out-of-everton-5589505/

Another low-level article criiticising Martinez, the first few paragraphs sum it all up perfectly. I wonder why Martinez is getting such an easy ride from the mainstream media - is it because LVG is taking the spotlight? Is he really that likeable? It baffles me to be honest....

If there's going to be new owners soon, we'd be better off waiting for them to appoint their own man.

In any case... take your pick

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Ronald De Boer - massively successful in Holland and he's ready to come to England and take a top job.

I think you mean Frank. I have doubts

I think you mean Frank. I have doubts

I do stand corrected my good sir

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Phenomenal :D

It's a key characteristic of what we are trying to build here

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    It's a key characteristic of what we are trying to build here

We're at an incredible moment right now and it's fascinating to see how we develop.

David Marshall of Scotland & Cardiff allegedly being targeted as our new 'keeper

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-targeting-cardiff-keeper-david-7100304

Good under-rated keeper! A little old. But it's only The Mirror anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

He is so full of sh!te. Basically kone can continue to be brutal every game but he runs around and creates space so it's all good.... Even if us mere mortals don't realise it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arouna-kone-deserves-credit-romelu-10674547

Gavlor wrote: »
    He is so full of sh!te. Basically kone can continue to be brutal every game but he runs around and creates space so it's all good.... Even if us mere mortals don't realise it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arouna-kone-deserves-credit-romelu-10674547

But we have a good goal difference Gavlor, things like that matter when your in mid-table obscurity....

• Advertisement

Websites are making up phantom bids already

£90 Million combined bid from Man Utd for Lukaku and Stones

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/paper-talk-united-eye-double-90m-swoop-on-everton

£90 Million combined bid from Man Utd for Lukaku and Stones

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/paper-talk-united-eye-double-90m-swoop-on-everton

thats my worry, if we don't get new owners soon, we will continue to sell our best

thats my worry, if we don't get new owners soon, we will continue to sell our best

My worry isn't selling players....my worry is who would spend the money replacing them. For the last 10 years, selling the best players has always made Everton stronger overall.....but would that remain the case now when you've got the fella who signed players like Funes Mori, McGeady, Kone and Alcaraz spending the dosh?

In any case, with Stones and Lukaku both contracted until Summer 2019, the power is with the club for another 2 years anyway.

My worry isn't selling players....my worry is who would spend the money replacing them. For the last 10 years, selling the best players has always made Everton stronger overall.....but would that remain the case now when you've got the fella who signed players like Funes Mori, McGeady, Kone and Alcaraz spending the dosh?

In any case, with Stones and Lukaku both contracted until Summer 2019, the power is with the club for another 2 years anyway.

in fairness Martinez did sign Lukaku , and he got stick for it last year - believe it or not I am still undecided on Martinez - I'll tell youn at end of season my verdict:)

in fairness Martinez did sign Lukaku , and he got stick for it last year - believe it or not I am still undecided on Martinez - I'll tell youn at end of season my verdict:)

Most, like me, were giving him 'til Christmas and their verdict is decided now!

also signed McCarthy.

good squad, incapable of getting the best out of them due to his belief in style over results

a good team should be able to change your style to suit the opponents and the players available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liverpool/Stoke/Leicester all drop points....

So no doubt we'll **** up.

Liverpool/Stoke/Leicester all drop points....

So no doubt we'll **** up.

To be honest I'm more concerned with WBA, Bournemouth & Norwich picking up points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

any potential key players injured here ?
    any of you fancy a guess at a starting lineup today ?
    spurs fan here hoping for a miracle

dembele is a huge loss today- the 2 lge games we lost were also when was missing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement