Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Not as bothered tonight as I normally would be after a defeat. Expected it and if we got to the final we would do our usual no show v Liverpool. That's the 7 th game this season we've conceded 3 or more. Please go Roberto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

As a city fan i have to say that i feel for ye on the goal, even though i felt city were better on the night i think the toffees deserved extra time (which ye prob would have won with de Bruyne off injured), so hard to take a decision like that.

having said that i think ye are being a bit hard on the ref its clearly over when you pause and in slow mo but at full pace no way the ref can call it.

the two players are in the refs way and the linesman is on the other side !!!

My bro is a big toffee and i've been to two games with him at goodison - great ground !! , have a big soft spot for ye

any way thats my two cents hope the rest of the seasons goes well for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

terrydel wrote: »
    as usual our heads dropped once they got that scandalous decision, but no doubt about it that decision was THE major moment of the game.

I don't agree. The players' heads dropped 10 minutes before De Bruyne's goal with the ridiculous double substitution. They didn't even go mental over the decision the way you would expect any team to in such a game.

So we're not under achieving according to Roberto. He's talked up our squad all season and now tells us we're not under achieving. He really is off his head. Defeat v Newcastle and we are 5 points off the bottom 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    So we're not under achieving according to Roberto. He's talked up our squad all season and now tells us we're not under achieving. He really is off his head. Defeat v Newcastle and we are 5 points off the bottom 3.

I don't read his interviews anymore. There's no more excuses. They dried up months ago. Results on the pitch are the only thing that will save him because if Everton get dragged into a relegation battle he won't last the end of the season. I can't wait till he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

At least the media are starting to wake up

https://twitter.com/watchedtoffee/status/693173158166274048

McGeady to Sevilla on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

Lumbo wrote: »
    McGeady to Sevilla on loan

I wonder what percentage of his wages we are still paying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

dubrov wrote: »
    I wonder what percentage of his wages we are still paying

Think the deal was they had to pay 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I don't read his interviews anymore. There's no more excuses. They dried up months ago. Results on the pitch are the only thing that will save him because if Everton get dragged into a relegation battle he won't last the end of the season. I can't wait till he's gone.

I stopped reading and watching him after the first season. Him and Brendan Rodgers were so similar it was horrible.

Probably didn't help I never liked him so I'm slightly biased.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I stopped reading and watching him after the first season. Him and Brendan Rodgers were so similar it was horrible.

Probably didn't help I never liked him so I'm slightly biased.

I checked last night to see what was the opinions of the regular posters here when Moyes went.

This is mine:
    We agree on something :D

Bilic is in Moscow at the minute. Might be a good shout.

Martinez can **** right off (Bill will definitely appoint him :mad:).

Nearly every regular poster didn't want Martinez in the job. I think the chat starts on page 70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

The media usually don't give a damn about Everton so you know you're messing up when the wolves start circling. Only a matter of time now unless he changes his whole outlook to management, which I doubt.

He's signed some side....Irish Evertonians in particular knew how ****e McGeady was for example. Then the likes of Alcaraz, Kone, Atsu, Eto'o, and a few that the jury is out on.

But although I don't want him and never have, I'm fairly happy with his purchases overall. It's far from the biggest problem with him.

This Oumar Niasse dude looks alright based on the little bit I know about him.

I have to admit I have little interest in Premier League clubs...but if I had a gun to my head and was forced to pick one, it would be Everton.

Perhaps it's because of my age, and the way we were just so relieved when that amazing side came along in the mid 80s to shatter the Liverpool dominance for a while - what neutral didn't love Southall, Reid, Sheedy, Sharp and co.

Anyway, I must admit, I don't get the whole Martinez hatred. Sure, Everton are a few places behind where they possibly should be. But that's far from a crisis. Clubs like Villa and Newcastle, they are facing a crisis, aimless and lurching along. Chelsea are having a weird season. Everton are merely underperforming, hardly a disaster. There are big clubs like Leeds, Forest and Wednesday that would swap their problems with those at Goodison any time.

I have to admit I have little interest in Premier League clubs...but if I had a gun to my head and was forced to pick one, it would be Everton.

Perhaps it's because of my age, and the way we were just so relieved when that amazing side came along in the mid 80s to shatter the Liverpool dominance for a while - what neutral didn't love Southall, Reid, Sheedy, Sharp and co.

Anyway, I must admit, I don't get the whole Martinez hatred. Sure, Everton are a few places behind where they possibly should be. But that's far from a crisis. Clubs like Villa and Newcastle, they are facing a crisis, aimless and lurching along. Chelsea are having a weird season. Everton are merely underperforming, hardly a disaster. There are big clubs like Leeds, Forest and Wednesday that would swap their problems with those at Goodison any time.

You're right, evertonians should be happy to be still in the premier league.

Just like every mistreated, underpaid worker should be happy to be in a job!

That whole irishism of "jaysus things could always be worse" wrecks my head.

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    You're right, evertonians should be happy to be still in the premier league.

Just like every mistreated, underpaid worker should be happy to be in a job!

That whole irishism of "jaysus things could always be worse" wrecks my head.

First of all, Irishisms and "we" don't come it to it.

You seem to forget, we are talking about an English club in England, part of
    Britain. Let's not completely wrap ourselves in the whole "oh ye Irish wouldn't understand".

And secondly, where exactly do you expect this English club to be in their English league?

Finally, I didn't say Everton fans should "just be happy to be in the Premier League". Nor did I make your - rather strange - point about underpaid workers. Could you run that analogy by me again? Is Everton run like an Asian sweatshop?

First of all, Irishisms and "we" don't come it to it.

You seem to forget, we are talking about an English club in England, part of
    Britain. Let's not completely wrap ourselves in the whole "oh ye Irish wouldn't understand".

And secondly, where exactly do you expect this English club to be in their English league?

Finally, I didn't say Everton fans should "just be happy to be in the Premier League". Nor did I make your - rather strange - point about underpaid workers. Could you run that analogy by me again? Is Everton run like an Asian sweatshop?

You lost me when you said 'we'.

Thanks for calling though.

Lose to Newcastle on Wednesday and we are only 5 points ahead of them.

You lost me when you said 'we'.

Thanks for calling though.

I'm thinking the remarkable slide to 12th from the exalted heights of 8th or 9th is getting to you. No other club has ever collapsed so spectacularly. Hence the railing against Irishisms on a football site for Irish football fans.

I'm thinking the remarkable slide to 12th from the exalted heights of 8th or 9th is getting to you. No other club has ever collapsed so spectacularly. Hence the railing against Irishisms on a football site for Irish football fans.

It was the mentality of ah sure it could be worse that I was referring to in reply to this nonsense comparison.
    Anyway, I must admit, I don't get the whole Martinez hatred. Everton are merely underperforming, hardly a disaster. There are big clubs like Leeds, Forest and Wednesday that would swap their problems with those at Goodison any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

The problem is that good squads don't come along too often and Martinez is wasting this one

• Advertisement

It was the mentality of ah sure it could be worse that I was referring to in reply to this nonsense comparison.

It's hardly that Irish to point out that there are indeed worse outcomes than sliding down 4 or so places in the English league system. It's as much a crisis as the time Spurs were in 9th when they should have been 5th, and that whole Stoke being in 19th when Godammit they should have been 15th crisis.

It's hardly that Irish to point out that there are indeed worse outcomes than sliding down 4 or so places in the English league system. It's as much a crisis as the time Spurs were in 9th when they should have been 5th, and that whole Stoke being in 19th when Godammit they should have been 15th crisis.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both clubs sack their managers during those "crisis".

Also, nobody with the exception of your good self have claimed that Everton are in crisis. As supporters we are merely p!ssed off with the mediocracy that has been the past 18 months.

Edit: I assume you were on the mick McCarthy side after Saipan???!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both clubs sack their managers during those "crisis".

Also, nobody with the exception of your good self have claimed that Everton are in crisis. As supporters we are merely p!ssed off with the mediocracy that has been the past 18 months.

Edit: I assume you were on the mick McCarthy side after Saipan???!

Um, the Spurs and Stoke references were facetious!!

I dunno about the Saipan reference, but it's better than the rather strange one about underpaid workers. I was on the "we'll just have to get on with it" side after Saipan. Were you on the "Ermagard, the pitches have long grass, this is terrible, I'll quit, go home and walk the dog" side?

Um, the Spurs and Stoke references were facetious!!

I dunno about the Saipan reference, but it's better than the rather strange one about underpaid workers. I was on the "we'll just have to get on with it" side after Saipan. Were you on the "Ermagard, the pitches have long grass, this is terrible, I'll quit, go home and walk the dog" side?

So that's 3 make believe statements that you've thrown into the conversation over the course of your posts in an attempt to make your points more compelling!

You should have been a politician.

For the record I certainly wasn't in the "ser aren't we lucky to be here, we'll have a bit of craic" camp.

I'm not arsed discussing this with you any further.

So that's 3 make believe statements that you've thrown into the conversation over the course of your posts in an attempt to make your points more compelling!...

The (strange) points about underpaid workers, Saipan and the Irish just not getting it were all yours. We can go back and check if you don't remember?

• Advertisement

The (strange) points about underpaid workers, Saipan and the Irish just not getting it were all yours. We can go back and check if you don't remember?

HAHA!! I never said the Irish didn't get it, cut the bull.

Nor did I use the term "we" which you threw in as part of your retort, nor did anyone mention crisis in their discussion of Everton which you used as the centre piece of your over dramatisation and then you threw in fictitious examples of Spurs and Stoke!

Anyway, this has derailed for long enough so let's park it.

Kone upfront. May as well start with 10

Had to be done. Lukaku is wrecked

It's really annoying that Coleman and McCarthy were warming their backsides on the bench on Wednesday yet are fit to start a few days later.

Legend

Phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What was the chat about anyone know, seemed a bit weird with the 2 managers and the ref

Another goal and were guaranteed a replay.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    What was the chat about anyone know, seemed a bit weird with the 2 managers and the ref

Apparently (I read this on another forum) Everton players were racially abused after second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Away to Bournemouth in the fifth round of the cup.
    Could have been worse, much worse!

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »
    Away to Bournemouth in the fifth round of the cup.
    Could have been worse, much worse!

I was convinced we were coming out right after arsenal at the end there. Phew!

Oumar Niasse is having a medical at Everton this morning.

A YouTube video of him. Some of the defending is laughable but he's certainly strong and quick.

Also, long shot rumors that we might be signing Gary Cahill. I doubt it though.

McGeady's loan move to Sheffield Wednesday looks to be going thru but Gibson seems to be staying and then moving on a free in the Summer.

Think niasse could be our only signing and we'll probably not complete it in time. At least mcgeady is gone.Howard, Hibbo, osman, Gibson, pienaar and kone hopefully to follow in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Gutted a bid didn't come in for Howard.

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Gutted a bid didn't come in for Howard.

I think Finn harps have already signed a keeper for this season

Now 1 point ahead of Bournemouth. Good man Roberto. Go behind tomorrow and Goodison will be toxic

Imagine the fume

crazy to think a squad like Leicester are top.
    shows how crap we've been at defending

Imagine the fume

crazy to think a squad like Leicester are top.
    shows how crap we've been at defending

• Advertisement

A few people have been talking about this the last few days. Only seen it now for the first time.

First time I ever respected him as a pundit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement