Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    2 match ban I hope

If there’s a camera angle that shows what Firmino said he might get worse

From Holgate reaction it was something bad

I think I'll question it again. Still not signed

There you go. Not only is the fee still agreed but he’s signed too

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/01/05/blues-sign-striker-tosun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Good man Sig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

"Tell your ma, your ma,
    To wipe away all your tears,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

ricero wrote: »
    "Tell your ma, your ma,

Last few days before school starts back on Monday. Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

****ed up of the gob****es who run the club. We announce the striker signing we desperately needed at half time. Couldn’t sign him in time coz of haggling over installment schedule. Meanwhile Liverpool’s £75 Million no hassle signing goes and scores a second half winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

ricero wrote: »
    "Tell your ma, your ma,

Jeepers, that is sooo funny :D Do you gig n that like?

Laois_Man wrote: »
    ****ed up of the gob****es who run the club. We announce the striker signing we desperately needed at half time. Couldn’t sign him in time coz of haggling over installment schedule. Meanwhile Liverpool’s £75 Million no hassle signing goes and scores a second half winner!

In fairness Liverpool have had that lined up since last summer

Don’t even know if your man is match fit

wally79 wrote: »
    In fairness Liverpool have had that lined up since last summer

Don’t even know if your man is match fit

Yeah if only we had known 10 months ago that we’d have to replace Lukaku

Yeah if only we had known 10 months ago that we’d have to replace Lukaku

That’s not really anything to do with not getting this transfer done in time which was your gripe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

V V D .....

That’s not really anything to do with not getting this transfer done in time which was your gripe

No having 10 months to do it has nothing whatsoever to do with my gripe about not being able to it in time

As for Tosun not being match fit....he played 90 minutes and scored as recently as last Saturday

Liverpool fans abusing Holgate on twitter. Standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

As for Tosun not being match fit....he played 90 minutes and scored as recently as last Saturday

Sam rates him highly (not sure that a good thing ;-)

be interesting to see how we go this month with him - can Sam really manage and develop a big club or will he be back in retirement at year end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Liamalone wrote: »
    Abusing his homophobic tweet?
    Standard bitterness.

i thgught he'd get red , and shocked he didnt get yellow - but they are having a go at him for some twitter account he had 6 years ago when he was 15 - most of us said bad things at 15 - the moral police are everywhere

Standard bitterness.

Any proof of this tweet? Haven't seen it myself so unwilling to comment.

Any proof of this tweet? Haven't seen it myself so unwilling to comment.

https://twitter.com/IrishRED05?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »
    i thgught he'd get red , and shocked he didnt get yellow - but they are having a go at him for some twitter account he had 6 years ago when he was 15 - most of us said bad things at 15 - the moral police are everywhere
    Agree they shouldn't be having a go at him.
    But falsely accusing someone of racism is not on either.

thebaz wrote: »

Real strange that a yellow wasn't given I do think, and I wonder what Firminho said to him and if that had a bearing on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Real strange that a yellow wasn't given I do think, and I wonder what Firminho said to him and if that had a bearing on it.

Rhymes with son of a bore. Sure the Liverpool lads will have t shirts made supporting firminho next weekend

I honestly don't know what to think of that tbh. Context n that. Young lad at the time, proper bants n that? I'm finding it hard to form an opinion on that content.

Agree they shouldn't be having a go at him.
    But falsely accusing someone of racism is not on either.

agree on both - the bbc did act a bit strange without knowing the 100% facts

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rhymes with son of a bore.

Hardly anything to get upset about. You'd hear worse at a cricket match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I doubt Holgate was making it up, he more than likely just misheard what was said so I wouldnt have a problem with him.

The BBC and Shearer practically convicting Firmino based on nothing was terrible I thought.

rgace wrote: »
    I doubt Holgate was making it up, he more than likely just misheard what was said so I wouldnt have a problem with him.
    Falsely trying to accuse someone of racism is disgusting. No one else batted an eyelid when Firminho was screaming at him.
    Holgate should come out and apologize for it before being allowed leeway for possibly mishearing.
    The BBC and Shearer practically convicting Firmino based on nothing was terrible I thought.
    They spoke very well on the racist comments of their recently former colleague Trevor Sinclair.........oh wait, no, they didn't go there.

think they were looking for a spit initially - when this was negative they went down the road of inferred racism - sometimes young athletes are just fired up by the game - as said they should all move on , ther are bigger issues in the world today

Falsely trying to accuse someone of racism is disgusting. No one else batted an eyelid when Firminho was screaming at him.
    Holgate should come out and apologize for it before being allowed leeway for possibly mishearing.

They spoke very well on the racist comments of their recently former colleague Trevor Sinclair.........oh wait, no, they didn't go there.

I’m sorry but how can you be so convinced that it’s a false accusation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Standard bitterness.

Yep, lovely bunch. Never their fault tho, prob a Chelsea fan.

https://twitter.com/junior__agogo/status/949442577677406208

• Advertisement

Standard bitterness.

Standard liverpool.

https://twitter.com/alanshearer/status/949408901258149889

Gavlor wrote: »
    Yep, lovely bunch. Never their fault tho, prob a Chelsea fan.

https://twitter.com/junior__agogo/status/949442577677406208

You do realise idiots are spread accoss all parts of society? The Internet is riddled with these saddos.

It wouldn't take long to find similar tweets from Everton or any other fans.

Tbh, I think it's sad trying to point score with tweets from random people on the Internet.

I’m sorry but how can you be so convinced that it’s a false accusation
    Ref, in between then heard nothing.
    Players in between and around them heard nothing.
    His very late reaction.
    Firminho clearly seen to mouth something else.
    Possibly the player misheard.
    Possibly the player, potentially thinking I’m gonna see red, used it as an opportunity to deflect.

Jeez is there any other set of fans that act so precious? Delusional crowd to say the least.

Jeez is there any other set of fans that act so precious? Delusional crowd to say the least.
    Yeah, Everton fans really act juvenile. You’d think they’d focus on the non stadium, the problems within the club or the terrible record against Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

The ref clearly indicated to Rooney shortly after that he was listening to his earpiece so couldn't hear anything.
    How can you be sure none of the other players heard anything? Looks like there was a reaction to me.
    Firmino clearly says one word at the very end which appears to be what set Holgate off. It is impossible to tell what it was but definitely after "Puta".

You can speculate all you like but there is no proof that it is false.

I am sure a mic somewhere picked it up.
    Let due process take place and if there is no proof Firmino will not get charged.

Yeah, Everton fans really act juvenile. You’d think they’d focus on the non stadium, the problems within the club or the terrible record against Liverpool.

So you're still here then clogging up an Everton thread with your relentless crap. Ah well.

dubrov wrote: »
    You can speculate all you like but there is no proof that it is false.
    Yet you can speculate away.

I know. It's incredible.

So you're still here then clogging up an Everton thread with your relentless crap. Ah well.
    Awwwww. Still hurting from another loss.
    Ah well.

• Advertisement

Awwwww. Still hurting from another loss.
    Ah well.

Not at all, par for the course the past two decades, immune now tbh :D But sure, I'm probably wrong about that too in your opinion.

Not at all, par for the course the past two decades, immune now tbh :D But sure, I'm probably wrong about that too in your opinion.
    Ah sure, if you say it, then you must be speaking honestly.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You do realise idiots are spread accoss all parts of society? The Internet is riddled with these saddos.

It wouldn't take long to find similar tweets from Everton or any other fans.

Tbh, I think it's sad trying to point score with tweets from random people on the Internet.

Tbh it was more aimed at the post denying any wrongdoing from liverpool fans a couple of posts back by saying they were abusing his homophobic tweet.

Thanks for commenting though

Ah sure, if you say it, then you must be speaking honestly.

Relentless lol. Some folk do realise that it is only a game.

Saw an Everton fan call Firminho a tranny on Twitter, so guess that’s all of them then?

And using ‘not their fault’, a reference to Hillsborough; nice you are.

Where did I once mention Hillsborough. You can p!ss right off with that comment.

You’re the one on a everton thread acting the wum. Pretty juvenile carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Yet you can speculate away.

Just trying to show you can pick and choose things to suit your argument.

I have no idea what was said

Relentless lol. Some folk do realise that it is only a game.
    Yeah, your relentless comments suggest you think it’s only a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Saw an Everton fan call Firminho a tranny on Twitter, so guess that’s all of them then?

And using ‘not their fault’, a reference to Hillsborough; nice you are.

Jaysus I didn't even know there was a "Hillsbrough" card but you've played it.

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Tbh it was more aimed at the post denying any wrongdoing from liverpool fans a couple of posts back by saying they were abusing his homophobic tweet.

Thanks for commenting though

By saying standard Liverpool?..

Cmon, we're all adults here. I've been at derby's where Everton fans weren't shouting 96 wasn't enough. Does that make all Everton fans morons? Course not. Point is the there is absolute clowns in every part of society.

These clowns can now act up on the internet too with supposed impunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement