Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jaysus I didn't even know there was a "Hillsbrough" card but you've played it.

Hey you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Serious issue but internet lip reading experts have already given the verdict and asking for ban for Holgate. Comical and embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yeah, your relentless comments suggest you think it’s only a game.

I don't think I've said anything out of order, apologies if I have. Any chance of you refraining from clogging up this Everton thread with your slightly slanted viewpoint please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    By saying standard Liverpool?..

Cmon, we're all adults here. I've been at derby's where Everton fans weren't shouting 96 wasn't enough. Does that make all Everton fans morons? Course not. Point is the there is absolute clowns in every part of society.

These clowns can now act up on the internet too with supposed impunity.

We’ve been here before and I agree with you. However, the other poster whom I assume is a liverpool fan clearly dismissed the fact that Holgate was getting abused on Twitter. My post was to highlight that fact, as you’ve pointed out, that liverpool fans aren’t angels.

And I know/hope you didn’t take any Hillsborough reference from my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Gavlor wrote: »
    You’re the one on a everton thread acting the wum. Pretty juvenile carry on.
    wum? Close to suggesting troll, which isn’t allowed, and juvenile.

• Advertisement

Where did I once mention Hillsborough. You can p!ss right off with that comment.
    Course you didn’t......

wum? Close to suggesting troll, which isn’t allowed, and juvenile.

Calling evertonians bitters is an attempt at that. Don’t leave the door hit you on the way out.

dubrov wrote: »
    you can pick and choose things to suit your argument.
    You sure did.

Course you didn’t......

Chelsea fans defence didn’t ring a bell no?

We’ve been here before and I agree with you. However, the other poster whom I assume is a liverpool fan clearly dismissed the fact that Holgate was getting abused on Twitter. My post was to highlight that fact, as you’ve pointed out, that liverpool fans aren’t angels.

And I know/hope you didn’t take any Hillsborough reference from my post.

Who has angel fans? Soccer attracts some of the dregs of society. Go to to any game and you'll see and hear a few.

No i didn't, was just making a point regarding clowns from all clubs.

• Advertisement

I didn’t even watch the game last night, couldn’t be arsed.

But this happens after every derby, liverpool fans coming in holier than thou and basically on the wind up.

Children.

Holgate was getting abused on Twitter.
    Any abuse he was getting was undeserved.
    If he falsely accused someone of racism he should be banned, as per acts of racism.
    And of course there are Liverpool scum that go beyond the line; as per every club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Course you didn’t......

It seems after almost every Merseyside derby a random Liverpool fan comes onto this thread to cry foul about Hillsborough.

It is getting really predictable and boring.

Go somewhere else if you want to try and goad someone into offending you

Calling evertonians bitters is an attempt at that. Don’t leave the door hit you on the way out.
    And Everton fans directing their comments toward all Liverpool fans? Nothing there? Course not.

I’d say when some liverpool fans are arguing with their wives about something trivial and she turns around and says “sure it’s never your fault” they get in a rage and start shouting Hillsborough accusations at them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This is the Everton thread. Talk about Everton, their new Centre forward, Big Sam etc. it’s not a place for discussion on trolling, Hillsborough Or Firminho back on topic or cards will be coming

To that point, the way the club announced the new Centre forward was a joke. 1-0 down in a derby and they throw it out on social media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

To that point, the way the club announced the new Centre forward was a joke. 1-0 down in a derby and they throw it out on social media

Not an Everton fan,buy I could swear I heaRd on the 5PM or 6PM news that he had signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

wow that was an interesting 24 hours - we lost a game we expected to lose - played reasonably well - signed a new forward - and the whole Holgate saga - really think it is a storm in tea-cup blown up by all proportions - football seamed much simpler before social media and all angle TV - what hurts me the most is the Barkley exit - anyway its only a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

haven't been on here since the game. annoyed how we threw away the chance to bring it back to Goodison.
    a lot of lost liverpool fans

amazing how quickly they turn on the likes of former red Danny Murphy or abuse a great of the game like Alan Shearer when they have the honesty to state it wasn't a penalty. then abusing Holgate online too
    and denial everywhere for Firmino, when he clearly said something

standard practice from 'always the victim' FC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I’d say when some liverpool fans are arguing with their wives about something trivial and she turns around and says “sure it’s never your fault” they get in a rage and start shouting Hillsborough accusations at them :D

Genuinely lol'd at this haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Firmino, when he clearly said something

standard practice from 'always the victim' FC.

Well noticed, he clearly did say something, have you seen anybody denying that he said something in the standard Liverpool 'always the victim' manner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah, Everton fans really act juvenile. You’d think they’d focus on the non stadium, the problems within the club or the terrible record against Liverpool.

The irony hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mirallas gone to olympiakos tonight. Finally off the wage bill

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Mirallas gone to olympiakos tonight. Finally off the wage bill

Bit disappointing really. Mirallas seemed to have everything you needed to be a top class footballer... Felt he threatened the next level a few times but just didn't have the head for it ultimately.

Back to Greece is some admission on failure on his part.

There's almost nothing left of Moyes' Everton at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Always liked Mirallas, always expected more from him but he never got the consistency required :( All the best Kev, best hairstyle at the club according to my young boy :D

we need to get rid of a few more off the wage bill. just loan them out. anything.

lets make a list...
    Klassen
    Ramirez
    Williams
    Niasse (in summer)

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    we need to get rid of a few more off the wage bill. just loan them out. anything.

lets make a list...
    Klassen
    Ramirez
    Williams
    Niasse (in summer)

Martina
    Schneiderlan
    Lennon
    Besic
    Jagielka in the summer
    Stecklenburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Of the list above, Lennon is cheap and has done alright. We've generally played better with him on the pitch.

Klaasen needs more time to prove himself as well.

To the rest, on your way and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Mirallas stayed a year too long really. There’s lots more to be shipped out but not til we replace them...except Klaassen and Besic...they can just go. Have the likes of Browning, Pennington, Onyekuru and in particular Dowell to come back from loan and provide some depth. Still need another striker, center back. Left back and winger tho

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Mirallas stayed a year too long really. There’s lots more to be shipped out but not til we replace them...except Klaassen and Besic...they can just go. Have the likes of Browning, Pennington, Onyekuru and in particular Dowell to come back from loan and provide some depth. Still need another striker, center back. Left back and winger tho

Can't see browning or Pennington having careers at Everton.

Still need another striker, center back. Left back and winger tho

striker ?? - we have just signed Tosun , lets se how he works out before re-investing - much better getting a decent full back and centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

thebaz wrote: »
    striker ?? - we have just signed Tosun , lets se how he works out before re-investing - much better getting a decent full back and centre back.

Yes we need 3 strikers!

Niasse and Sandro will both leave, if not this month then in the summer.
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Can't see browning or Pennington having careers at Everton.

They're doing OK on loan. You don't have to be world class to be around 4th choice CB like

Yes we need 3 strikers!

Niasse and Sandro will both leave, if not this month then in the summer.

They're doing OK on loan. You don't have to be world class to be around 4th choice CB like

Pennington has played less than 500 mins for Leeds. Trust me he's a donkey and won't play for Everton again. Browning will be 24 in May so he'll be moved on too I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Did Holgate tweet that he'd be racially abused?
    And then close down his accont because of the resulting and predictable red****e bile?

• Advertisement

terrydel wrote: »
    And then close down his accont because of the resulting and predictable red****e bile?
    yes
    also probably because someone advised him to do it

seamed a lively meeting at Everton last night - stadium costs have rocketed to 500 mill - and talk of voodoo - nothing is ever plain sailing at Everton these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

terrydel wrote: »

I thought he closed it down because someone had unearthed his homophobic tweets from the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I thought he closed it down because someone had unearthed his homophobic tweets from the past?

He did, calling his friends ****** and battyboy back in 2012 when he was still at school, there is a precedent though - Andre Gray got a four game ban in 2016 for homophobic tweets he made in 2013, although Gray's were much more virulent and OTT than Holgate's

rumours of Theo Walcott - think he would be a good addition - lots of talent and pace , not sure of the work desire (but Sam is good at getting that) - we shall see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Walcott should have left Ars 5 years ago, has never had regular first team football there. Does he feel like he has a point to prove or is it a chance for a generous signing on fee?.

Everything to do with Everton currently is boring. Boring, win lose or draw. It's just boring. Monotonous one paced clueless crap. There is nothing whatsoever even remotely exciting about the way Everton are playing football right now.

I absolutely hate this side.

I see no vision. I see no plan.

This is plain and simple depressing.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Everything to do with Everton currently is boring. Boring, win lose or draw. It's just boring. Monotonous one paced clueless crap. There is nothing whatsoever even remotely exciting about the way Everton are playing football right now.

Tosun looks alright though but yep it's not exciting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The memories of what we once were came flooding back after watching that Bayern Munich clip.
    I fear we will never see real success again.

And that's that. Glad in a way. I can now turn it off.

Piss off Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Don’t understand

sticking with one striker

bringing on another DM

Rooney still being on or even starting

That we cant get a one legged donkey from the animal rescue to play LB instead of Martina

wheres all the positive football , that the Big Sam fan club were promising here before Christmas ??

And that's that. Glad in a way. I can now turn it off.

Piss off Everton.

and Sam's verdict of today -

Everton manager Sam Allardyce says he should have been more "boring" with his team selection for Saturday's 4-0 defeat

ps as many said - Roll on the summer

get to 40 points and sack him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement