Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

Aren't Gueye, Schneiderlein, Bolasie, Mangala and Keane all players with big price tags? Williams captained Wales to the semi finals of the last European Championships. Sigurdsson was Swansea's star player for the last few seasons and cost around £45m.

There's surely some bit of quality there and they've got to do better than that embarrassment of a performance today. There must be something behind the scenes in that the players know they can choose to not turn up in games without fear of retribution.

Ever since Moshiri took over the squad's attitude stinks in my opinion. Anyway I'm obviously no expert on Everton but if that were my team I'd be rioting in the streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aren't Gueye, Schneiderlein, Bolasie, Mangala and Keane all players with big price tags? Williams captained Wales to the semi finals of the last European Championships. Sigurdsson was Swansea's star player for the last few seasons and cost around £45m.

There's surely some bit of quality there and they've got to do better than that embarrassment of a performance today. There must be something behind the scenes in that the players know they can choose to not turn up in games without fear of retribution.

Ever since Moshiri took over the squad's attitude stinks in my opinion. Anyway I'm obviously no expert on Everton but if that were my team I'd be rioting in the streets.

Gueye... Average for a year now after a good 6 months.
    Schneiderlan.... Coward and the laziest player at the club.
    Bolasie... Not fit and have my doubts he'll ever recover from his injury.
    Mangala... Too early to judge but he was poor at City and kompany who is half crippled was playing ahead of him.
    Keane... A disaster. Another lazy coward. Looks like he started playing football about two years ago. Rabbit caught in the headlights.
    Williams... Our worst buy in twenty years and theres there's been plenty. Came back in July about a stone overweight and costs us about a goal a game.
    Sigurdsson.... Has quality but hasn't played enough games as a number ten. Left on the wing to accommodate Rooney as we thought we'd enter the Guinness book of records for purchasing number tens in one summer.

For next season I'd try and build a team around pickford, Coleman, Walcott, Davies, Sigurdsson and possibly tosun who big sam bought and then dropped after two games . Give Holgate, baningime, lookman more games and buy two centre halfs and a left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I certainly wouldn't blame Moshiri - in fairness he has backed our 2 managers with money - Steve Walsh seams in charge of tranfers , serious questions need to be asked here - Big Sam is heralded here mainly by non Evertonians , but his appointment has divided the club , with many expecting better , me included - supposedly its only a short term appointment to keep us up - the post above calls us cowards and he's right - watching the rugby you see players giving everything , thats what I'd expect at the very least - I'd defend better than Williams and I'm retired 2 years. Most are just writing this year off, hopefully we can re-unite under a young progressive manager next season - the rot this season began with Koeman turning out to be inept after being touted ready for Barca.

ps I'm meant to be on a break here after getting so frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Why was Coleman not in the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Why was Coleman not in the squad?

Think he's going to be managed carefully for the next while. He didn't pick up any knocks or anything that i'm aware of, i think it was just seen as two games too close together to risk him in both, with the Leicester one seen as the one he could have the greater impact on. Probably a good decision all in all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Allardyce said in his post match interview that he watched a video of Swansea arsenal and told his team to copy what Swansea did.

Then he moaned that they didn’t follow his instructions. Sooner he’s gone along with Steve Walsh and Duncan can’t coach Ferguson the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

what is the story with Tosun?

what other club would spend that money and then not play the player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

thebaz wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't blame Moshiri - in fairness he has backed our 2 managers with money - Steve Walsh seams in charge of tranfers , serious questions need to be asked here - Big Sam is heralded here mainly by non Evertonians , but his appointment has divided the club , with many expecting better , me included - supposedly its only a short term appointment to keep us up - the post above calls us cowards and he's right - watching the rugby you see players giving everything , thats what I'd expect at the very least - I'd defend better than Williams and I'm retired 2 years. Most are just writing this year off, hopefully we can re-unite under a young progressive manager next season - the rot this season began with Koeman turning out to be inept after being touted ready for Barca.

ps I'm meant to be on a break here after getting so frustrated.

Moshiri has to take some blame, if you the head man then you take blame, thats how it goes in any business.
    The club is still very poorly run in so many ways. Walsh does not seem to either have a clue as a dir of football or his role and power doesnt match what a dir of football is supposed to be. Either way its a disaster. Moshiri seems a bit too fond of the camera or microphone. Reminds me of that Fernandes fella who was at qpr (not sure hes still there?) He seems to lack professionalism.
    The club is a disaster at present, the players have by and large stank under the last 3 mgrs, and the club went and brought in a very divisive character as the current mgr (personally I think he steadied a fast-sinking ship and should be left in place til the summer when we need to decide what we are doing very early) who a fair chunk of our fans seem almost happy to see fail, such is the hatred they have towards him. As I said, the whole thing is a mess and nobody escapes blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    what is the story with Tosun?

what other club would spend that money and then not play the player?

He's rubbish like most of our recent signings is the most likely reason

Conte
    now there's a manager I'd be happy to see at Everton

• Advertisement

terrydel wrote: »
    Moshiri has to take some blame, if you the head man then you take blame, thats how it goes in any business.
    The club is still very poorly run in so many ways. Walsh does not seem to either have a clue as a dir of football or his role and power doesnt match what a dir of football is supposed to be. Either way its a disaster. Moshiri seems a bit too fond of the camera or microphone. Reminds me of that Fernandes fella who was at qpr (not sure hes still there?) He seems to lack professionalism.

at the end of the day though , its his money that is been wasted on players -

stand up :-
    Schneiderlein
    Bolasie
    Klaassen

To name 3 - it doesnt cost me or other fans money , but the wastage hurts those who actually paid the ridiculous transfer fees and no doubt wages - this season hurts , but I'm with you on riding it out with Big Sam , just getting safe , and hopefully get some forward thinking decent manager for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I don't really understand what Walshe does. I think with Koeman, Walsh did not make the decisions on the signings (maybe with the academy signings he did, but not with the first team signings). I don't think he decided on Tosun either coz I read somewhere that Sam had tried to sign him for Crystal Palace. So I'm unclear what his job is. I don't think Walsh specifically needs to be sacked, I think the whole idea of a DoF needs to be sacked. I was never in favour of it and still not.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I don't really understand what Walshe does. I think with Koeman, Walsh did not make the decisions on the signings (maybe with the academy signings he did, but not with the first team signings). I don't think he decided on Tosun either coz I read somewhere that Sam had tried to sign him for Crystal Palace. So I'm unclear what his job is. I don't think Walsh specifically needs to be sacked, I think the whole idea of a DoF needs to be sacked. I was never in favour of it and still not.

sounds like a perfect job for me - getting paid loads for doing diddly squat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Sam waving his wand around again. Just three points off 7th as it stands. Could you guys have dreamt of that back in Nov?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Coleman off at half time :( For the match and a half he's played you wouldn't know that he'd been injured.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Sam waving his wand around again. Just three points off 7th as it stands. Could you guys have dreamt of that back in Nov?

*2 now. #magician

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

Rekop dog wrote:
    *2 now. #magician

I didn't bother watching it.

dubrov wrote: »
    I didn't bother watching it.

Some blue you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Jaysus Schneids getting booed coming on. Been poor all season but not sure if a booing was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Joshua J wrote: »
    Jaysus Schneids getting booed coming on. Been poor all season but not sure if a booing was needed.

It was needed. He's been a disgrace all season.

• Advertisement

3 points closer to safety
    and then BFS is gone

strange you never post here when we get hammered and look clueless -

he has done a job, but the football has certainly been hard to watch. Less of the gloating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't follow this thread so was genuinely surprised listening to talk sport insuring the week the hatred for Sam.

Your club was in relegation zone when he took over he has done an excellent job getting the team together and grinding out results.

When confidence in a squad is low it's hard to get them to play fancy football even if Sam was that type of manager but I don't see the boardgetting rid of him I the summer I'd say he will be backed with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

jayo26 wrote: »
    Your club was in relegation zone when he took over he has done an excellent job getting the team together and grinding out results.
    No it wasn't, and no he hasn't.

I don't follow this thread so was genuinely surprised listening to talk sport insuring the week the hatred for Sam.

When confidence in a squad is low it's hard to get them to play fancy football even if Sam was that type of manager but I don't see the boardgetting rid of him I the summer I'd say he will be backed with money.

Everton were never in the relegation zone... So...

Sorry they weren't In relegation zone but they were damn close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

We were 13th when he took over, 2 points behind Leicester in 9th.

Confidence is still pretty low and a win against a second string Palace team at home doesn't change that.

Sorry they weren't In relegation zone but they were damn close to it.
    They were in 13th place. He came in just as Unsworth had managed to stabilise the defence a bit, and just in time for a run of games against weak opposition in poor form themselves. He achieved what any manager could have achieved out of that run. As soon as he came up against some in-form opposition, his lack of ability became apparent. The only reason we are as high up the table as we are is due to the poor form of other teams around us, not our own results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

And he bought a striker who he won’t even bring on for 15 mins at 3-0 up preferring to bring in the waste of space schneiderlin

• Advertisement

He's W5 D4 L4 since coming in which is extremely solid considering the mess he took over from. Handy enough run of fixtures upcoming so I think the picture will look even brighter come April. They'd be bonkers to replace him in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

He's W5 D4 L4 since coming in which is extremely solid considering the mess he took over from. Handy enough run of fixtures upcoming so I think the picture will look even brighter come April. They'd be bonkers to replace him in the summer.

Depends on what that club want. If it’s avoiding relegation by playing hoofball then fine. If they want to kick on the he’s most certainly not the man.

Horribly unlikeabke man with a mediocre track record and a Neanderthal approach to football

the season ticket sales will take a hammering if he stays

for the development of the young players in the club, he has to go

he also took over an expensive assembled talented but mis-firing team - a squad with a very decent youth squad to come through - and a generous owner - no doubt ther were and are problems at the club , and I give him credit for stabilising the ship , but a long-term manager - no thanks - besides I think you just wind us up here or troll

All thanks to the run of games, not his skills as a manager. We'd be in the exact same position if we'd kept Unsworth, kept Koeman, told Big Dunc to pick the teams, or asked Joe Royal to step in temporarily (all much cheaper options). If we'd signed a quality, proven manager in time to make some good signings in January, we may even be doing better, and not have to rely on handy fixtures to ensure safety!

Johnmb wrote: »
    All thanks to the run of games, not his skills as a manager.

What on Earth are you talking about? Those 13 games included United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. 5 of the top 6. His easier run is the next few games.

With a good pre season behind him he'll have you flirting with champions league next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

How do you block posts from someone?

With a good pre season behind him he'll have you flirting with champions league next season.

Seriously ??? with Tosun leading the attack

What on Earth are you talking about? Those 13 games included United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. 5 of the top 6. His easier run is the next few games.

Seriously, would you please just give it a rest.

thebaz wrote: »
    Seriously ??? with Tosun leading the attack

He's collected more points than Wenger has in the same amount of games since he arrived and one less than Conte. So the form is there or there abouts what teams in and around the Champions league places are producing. And thats without a pre season and taking over from a **** show.

Sure what level should he have Everton at after what he took over from? Ye were never going to be in the top six clubs this season he has ye just off 7th that's a fair achievement.

If it was that easy to manage a team why didn't koeman do it this year and why did Martinez get sacked.

I think there is an element if our club is too big for Sam but truth is he has ye at the regular level for Everton and could maybe push u on another bit next year.

• Advertisement

Sure what level should he have Everton at after what he took over from? Ye were never going to be in the top six clubs this season he has ye just off 7th that's a fair achievement.

If it was that easy to manage a team why didn't koeman do it this year and why did Martinez get sacked.

I think there is an element if our club is too big for Sam but truth is he has ye at the regular level for Everton and could maybe push u on another bit next year.

I expected Everton to push for the top 5/6 based on the level of spending in the summer
    honestly thought we'd have a good run in the Europa with the larger squad

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I expected Everton to push for the top 5/6 based on the level of spending in the summer
    honestly thought we'd have a good run in the Europa with the larger squad

The problem is that even tho ye spent a lot of money in the summer ye are always playing catchup to the teams in top six you wont break into that in one summers spending.

Look at the squad of the top six even tho there is some good players in the Everton squad it's nowhere near as strong as any of them after the start that was made this season if you finish 7th or 8th that will be a very good season.

The problem is that even tho ye spent a lot of money in the summer ye are always playing catchup to the teams in top six you wont break into that in one summers spending.

Look at the squad of the top six even tho there is some good players in the Everton squad it's nowhere near as strong as any of them after the start that was made this season if you finish 7th or 8th that will be a very good season.

with some good coaching, balanced team selections and if we had got our striker target in before the start of the season that squad was capable of challenging the top few teams

United beat us 2-0 at Goodison, Spurs and Arsenal, let's not even mention what happened there. He is mediocre, at his best, as a manager, and somewhere below that as a human being. He has no redeeming qualities at all.

Johnmb wrote: »
    United beat us 2-0 at Goodison, Spurs and Arsenal, let's not even mention what happened there. He is mediocre, at his best, as a manager, and somewhere below that as a human being. He has no redeeming qualities at all.

sub mediocre as a human being?

I'd like to see who else fits into that category for you.. Maybe you set a high bar for humankind in general but that seems unduly harsh.

As far as I'm aware - all I know about Allardyce off the field is one minor indiscretion when in charge of England. Hardly a villain.

Still want him gone as manager though

Who would ye like as a manager? A realistic getable manager?

lawred2 wrote: »
    sub mediocre as a human being?

I'd like to see who else fits into that category for you.. Maybe you set a high bar for humankind in general but that seems unduly harsh.

As far as I'm aware - all I know about Allardyce off the field is one minor indiscretion when in charge of England. Hardly a villain.
    Several major indiscretions over the years (including one that got him fired from his dream job, and was totally unnecessary on his part), and just a plain old pr!ck (making fun of Hodgson being recently back in the news due to the match, but other examples are out there too). That's what makes him morally corrupt in my opinion, and a morally corrupt individual is a sub mediocre human being, I don't think that's a particularly high bar.

Alex Ferguson was odious, so is Mourinho... I don't think fans of the teams they brought success to over the years care that much. When Sam leads you to Europe in 2018/19 I think all talk of sub mediocre human being will be stuck in the past. Enjoy the ride.

Alex Ferguson was odious, so is Mourinho... I don't think fans of the teams they brought success to over the years care that much. When Sam leads you to Europe in 2018/19 I think all talk of sub mediocre human being will be stuck in the past. Enjoy the ride.

Sir Alex and Mourinho have won multipe Champions leagues and leagues -Big Sam has won what ? a league cup -

Despite his and your hope, I can't see him lasting the summer - he has done a good short term job , lets leave at that, otherwise it will end bad

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement