Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Johnmb wrote: »
    Several major indiscretions over the years (including one that got him fired from his dream job, and was totally unnecessary on his part), and just a plain old pr!ck (making fun of Hodgson being recently back in the news due to the match, but other examples are out there too). That's what makes him morally corrupt in my opinion, and a morally corrupt individual is a sub mediocre human being, I don't think that's a particularly high bar.

Several major indiscretions you claim but the only one you list is the one I already mentioned.. everyone is entitled to make mistakes in life.. sure how else do we learn?

Or maybe we should all be pure as the driven snow..

Look either way, he's not for me on a footballing level. I look forward to the day he's gone. I don't find him particularly likeable from what I get to see but that's hardly a sin for him to atone for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

thebaz wrote: »
    Sir Alex and Mourinho have won multipe Champions leagues and leagues -Big Sam has won what ? a league cup -

My point was people turn a blind eye to indiscretions when a manager is successful so the poster acting all high and mighty about Sam's loose morals was talking through his hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rekop dog wrote: »
    My point was people turn a blind eye to indiscretions when a manager is successful so the poster acting all high and mighty about Sam's loose morals was talking through his hoop.

Following your lead lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Liamalone wrote: »
    Following your lead lol

Anything I've said about Sam has been right so far. Predicted he'd get the job despite most thinking he wouldn't. Predicted he'd get you up as far in the table as realistically achievable this season-he's almost there. Predicting you'll get close to CL next season...

I've never defended his style but have always defended his ability to be the best available manager to improve results and steadily bring you back to a respected level like he has done with all bar one job in his long career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I've never defended his style but

I'm losing track here , but was it not you who was swooning over the great football he played at Bolton a while back ?

It was effective , but the game has moved on since then - really dont get your total admiration for the man - I can only see him been used for short term relegation battle jobs - like Palace and ourselves - I dont think he has the football mindset to win anything in the modern game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Liamalone wrote: »
    Following your lead lol

Anything I've said about Sam has been right so far. Predicted he'd get the job despite most thinking he wouldn't. Predicted he'd get you up as far in the table as realistically achievable this season-he's almost there. Predicting you'll get close to CL next season...

I've never defended his style but have always defended his ability to be the best available manager to improve results and steadily bring you back to a respected level like he has done with all bar one job in his long career.
    the premier league this year outside of the top 5/6 clubs is abysmal.

anyway, once we hit 40 points I want him gone

well that was a very pleasant two weeks with no Everton games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    well that was a very pleasant two weeks with no Everton games

Can't wait for 3 months of the same in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

Tonight really sums up BFS.

Doubt we'll see Rekop around for a while

• Advertisement

dubrov wrote: »
    Tonight really sums up BFS.

Doubt we'll see Rekop around for a while

That was the dullest game of the season for me. We offered nothing.

Didn't even know we were playing until I got an alert about the result

eh i dunno wrote: »
    That was the dullest game of the season for me. We offered nothing.

no free flowing ticcy tac football from Big Sam I presume -

I'm a rugby man this season- thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

An abject and dismal performance. We have 34 points and are in a relegation fight. I cannot see where we will pick up points.

An abject and dismal performance. We have 34 points and are in a relegation fight. I cannot see where we will pick up points.

ther is no way with that squad we will get relegated - 2 more wins and we are safe - we'll pick them up at home - then hopefully BFS is shown the door - and get some progressive manager that can gel this talented squad together and we can build and progress next season.

442 today. Could be game of the season.

• Advertisement

manager has to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

manager has to go

Other than money I don’t see the point in keeping him. It’s not like he’s keeping us out of a relegation battle

A lot of the players who are there didn’t sign up to play this style and it’s obvious from their effort.

No excuse for them but understandable

Also please join me in writing to the FA and asking that Ashley Williams ban be extended to 18months at least

two positives from today

Tosun scored
    Williams will be suspended

Can we keep blaming managers? That's 3 managers these cowards haven't performed for in 7 months. Keane and Williams are a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Can we keep blaming managers? That's 3 managers these cowards haven't performed for in 7 months. Keane and Williams are a disgrace

Line up? Substitutions? Zonal marking?

Yep, it’s the players, picked by the manager.

• Advertisement

It's the whole club. Soulless.

lawred2 wrote: »
    It's the whole club. Soulless.

I agree, even I'm losing interest now. Just give me two more wins and then I won't care until August

why is the Big Sam fan club so quiet when we lose ?
    he was the wrong appointment , at the time of the Koeman sacking I said any half decent manager could get us mid-table - Big Sam drags us further back - we will be safe , but the priority must be getting rid of Big Sam , who is suppossedly one of the highest paid managers, so might be tricky - but he must go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

he was the wrong appointment , at the time of the Koeman sacking I said any half decent manager could get us mid-table - Big Sam drags us further back - we will be safe , but the priority must be getting rid of Big Sam , who is suppossedly one of the highest paid managers, so might be tricky - but he must go.

I'm just keeping the head down until the summer. Hopefully we can limp along without too many more stupid defeats and get rid of this joker!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Is there a Big Sam fan club? I don't know anyone who was happy at his appointment

Is there a Big Sam fan club? I don't know anyone who was happy at his appointment

just a handful of kopites being trolls was all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

He be gone in the summer. Not sure who we will get. Not much of choice out there. Lowe of Germany is stepping down after world cup but doubt we could interest him. Same for the Juventus manager.

every time we play well or win well . (getting rarer) thers a few who come in here telling us how great Big Sam is , and how great the Sam effect is - when we loose, which is becoming way more regular - nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

every time we play well or win well . (getting rarer) thers a few who come in here telling us how great Big Sam is , and how great the Sam effect is - when we loose, which is becoming way more regular - nothing

Trolls will be Trolls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I don't remember a time we played well this season

• Advertisement

amazing how when we play a proper left back the whole team looks more balanced

I also still don't understand why Coleman has not been made captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

More Genius from Sam. Can’t wait for next season

Kidding :D

Played alright today for about 3/4 of the game. Great to have baines and jags back but why is Rooney taking pens when baines is on the pitch. Bolasie finally showed a bit of form too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Thought Jags was immense, attacked everything.

could this weekend's game v Stoke possibly end up being the most boring game in the history of football?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

could this weekend's game v Stoke possibly end up being the most boring game in the history of football?

I don't know man, I think Fatty would be right to keep it tight for this one as Stoke has a lot of attacking quality......Biram Diouf, Chuopo-Moting.....erm.....Bob the window cleaner.....oodles of talent! Best be safe and play ten at the back again....

Safe with 7 games to go. Don't like him and the football has been crap but job done.

the magical 40 reached
    we could really start building for next season

BFS needs to go.

double post

• Advertisement

Ireland and Everton winning - good day -

sour note - that clown Darren Gibson arrested on his way to a game , for drink driving AGAIN - as if Sunderland do not have eneogh problems -
    Sam talking about planning for next season , please No . - you done a job , lets leave on good terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Ireland and Everton winning - good day -

sour note - that clown Darren Gibson arrested on his way to a game , for drink driving AGAIN - as if Sunderland do not have eneogh problems -
    Sam talking about planning for next season , please No . - you done a job , lets leave on good terms

What good terms? Most of our fans from what I see can do little else but personally abuse him at every opportuinity.
    Never seen Evertonians acting before in the way they have towards him.
    Yeah, he's not the greatest manager around but he took over a mess and has righted a sinking ship.
    Deserves a modicum of respect and thanks imho. And dont gimme the 'hes paid a fortune' line, they all are, thats not the point.
    Hes by no means perfect and the football has been rotten at times but hes got us out of a serious hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

terrydel wrote: »
    What good terms? Most of our fans from what I see can do little else but personally abuse him at every opportuinity.
    Yeah, he's not the greatest manager around but he took over a mess and has righted a sinking ship.
    Deserves a modicum of respect and thanks imho. And dont gimme the 'hes paid a fortune' line, they all are, thats not the point.
    Hes by no means perfect and the football has been rotten at times but hes got us out of a serious hole.
    No he hasn't. He's scraped a few results that would have most likely gone the same way no matter who was manager. He should never have been appointed as it is just money down the drain to pay him off at the end of the season, which will impact on our ability to buy players, and even sign a decent manager. His signing showed a complete lack of ambition and desperation that was unwarranted at the time, and is still unwarranted now...

Eerrrrmmmm, no

I remember here I was the only one defending Martinez, when we were spending relativly no money - and playing much better football than the muck this year -

If Big Sam stays the abuse will get worse , thats why I reckon it would be best for all parties if he left under relativly good terms - job done - but as I have said any half decent manager could have kept that expensivly assembled squad , with a srong youth structure . - Up -
    and the money, well I have heard he is earning serious coin - but you don't want to go ther

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well here is hoping you get your way and Big Sam goes and then you go down with some crap manager next season. That is what fans like you deserve imo.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well here is hoping you get your way and Big Sam goes and then you go down with some crap manager next season. That is what fans like you deserve imo.

Got to love folk chiming in with an uneducated opinion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

eagle eye wrote:

Thanks for stopping by

we've had worse managers and stayed up with far worse squads

anyway, is Sam gone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I can taste the saltiness of your tears, yum!

i have no problem with fans from other clubs coming in here and offering valid opinions - but stay away if you want to troll

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement