Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Sorry for hijacking the thread lads, but I'm going to be in Liverpool for New years and am hoping to get tickets for Everton V Chelsea. Would it be hard to get tickets for the away end? Does anyone know how I'd go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread lads, but I'm going to be in Liverpool for New years and am hoping to get tickets for Everton V Chelsea. Would it be hard to get tickets for the away end? Does anyone know how I'd go about this?

For the away section you'll need to talk to Chelsea fans. For home section usual rules apply re behaviour but if you keep an eye on the Everton website and apply early you should get tickets. The New Years game is always selected as a grade A game and demand will be high. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Looks like Stevie G is regretting letting the 'nice guy' mask slip for a minute....
    Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has admitted that he should not have slammed Everton the way he did this week.

Following the 2-2 draw at Goodison Park in the Merseyside derby on Sunday, the Reds midfielder claimed that the Toffees have a direct and physical style that is comparable to that of Stoke City.

Those comments saw Everton defender Phil Jagielka hit back at the 32-year-old, and Gerrard now admits that he went a bit too far with his criticisms.

"Just to clarify I've watched the game again, and I've seen some of Everton's matches this season, and what I said in relation to their style of play went too far," he told The Liverpool Echo.

"I was frustrated by the disallowed goal from Luis [Suarez] when I spoke and also some of the things (diving allegations) that have been said about Luis in recent weeks which haven't been fair in my opinion.

"As captain I have a duty to stand up for our players when I feel they are unfairly singled out. But it wasn't my intention to disrespect Everton or Stoke for that matter and I certainly didn't intend any disrespect to their manager or players.

"I have the utmost respect for David Moyes and Tony Pulis and the job they have done at their respective clubs.

"My main issue was with the goal that wasn't given and that Liverpool did not get the three points I felt we deserved in what was a fantastic derby match."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8214211

At least he clarified it. He needed too as well because he was being ridiculed. Fair play to him. Lets move on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks like Stevie G is regretting letting the 'nice guy' mask slip for a minute....

Some people would say fair play him for having the balls to admit he was wrong, others not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Perhaps he had a chance to peruse opta's stats for the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Too many draws from games we should have won. The squad is a bit threadbare with injuries now. Guaye isn't good enough (yet) to be starting.

Liverpool are the attention seeking 16 year old girl that has to have major drama surrounding her at all times. It's getting tiresome at this stage.

Shouldn't you go on to the Liverpool thread and tell them that. You're just inviting hassle onto this thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Liverpool are the attention seeking 16 year old girl that has to have major drama surrounding her at all times. It's getting tiresome at this stage.

Care to explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Gerrard made an insulting comment in the press about two teams in the premier league. Fair enough he went and apologised but why did he say it in the first place?

It seems like an inordinate amount of LFC's dealings with the media ends in farce. They should probably keep their heads down with the bad publicity it's sure to be generating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Look like Miralles will be ok to play at the weekend. Really enjoy him playing as he seems to be very aware of other players.

Hopefully Fellani will be a bit more fit also. Fulham will be no push overs.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Look like Miralles will be ok to play at the weekend. Really enjoy him playing as he seems to be very aware of other players.

Hopefully Fellani will be a bit more fit also. Fulham will be no push overs.

Fulham away must be our worst fixture. Jol is doing a decent job at Craven Cottage. We've only won there twice since 1967 and we got lucky last season as well with a late win.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Lumbo wrote: »
    Fulham away must be our worst fixture. Jol is doing a decent job at Craven Cottage. We've only won there twice since 1967 and we got lucky last season as well with a late win.

Haven't the 2 wins come in the last 3 seasons though?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Haven't the 2 wins come in the last 3 seasons though?

Yep but like I said, we got lucky there last season and the 3 players who scored have all left the club, we're doomed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Any update on Gibson yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Hopefully he'll play against Fulham, last news I saw was 4/5 days before the derby, said he and Fellaini were back in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://efcfeelinblue.com/moyes-hoping-to-bring-in-two-more-irishmen/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=moyes-hoping-to-bring-in-two-more-irishmen

Feely is a cracking player, big strong and quick.

Forrester quite skillful and "light" so dunno how he would fit into Evertons smash it at Fellaini tactics.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://efcfeelinblue.com/moyes-hoping-to-bring-in-two-more-irishmen/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=moyes-hoping-to-bring-in-two-more-irishmen

Feely is a cracking player, big strong and quick.

Forrester quite skillful and "light" so dunno how he would fit into Evertons smash it at Fellaini tactics.

Stephen Gerrard called, he wants his opinion back :pac:

Dcully wrote: »
    Some people would say fair play him for having the balls to admit he was wrong, others not :rolleyes:

And others would rightly say trying to backpedal so you look like less of a spanner doesn't take any balls at all.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Any update on Gibson yet?

There's no way he'd be ready to start a game. He'll have to get 25 minutes and probably an U21 appearance first.

Good news, I love having an Irish contingent at Everton.

We've fallen behind in all of our last 4 league games, but from those losing positions we've gone on to avoid defeat and take 6 points in total.

All but 1 (ours vs Wigan) of the 14 goals in those games came in the first half.

Don't know what to make of any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stephen Gerrard called, he wants his opinion back :pac:

Yeah cos Everton are the barcelona of england.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

There was lots of talk earlier in the summer about Feely joining us, he is a cracking prospect, but thats all. Forrester is a lovely footballer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Well done on accepting a popular misconception, Everton are most certainly not a long ball team. Yeah there's the occasional punt towards Fellaini, but Everton are much more about retaining possession and using the width provided by attacking full backs.Have you watched Everton play at all this season?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

When was the last time you watched an Everton match?

Nobody thinks we're Barcelona, but there are a good few sides in the Premier League who play an attractive game given half a chance, and Everton are one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

We threw 3 points away today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    We threw 3 points away AGAIN today.

Fixed that for you.

:(

eh i dunno wrote: »
    We threw 3 points away today.

Moyes fault, IMO. No need for 5 defenders when we were attacking so well.
    I feel sorry for Seamus, he's going to take stick for losing the ball after, what I thought, was a particularly good game.
    Fellaini was awesome, we're not going to be able to hold on to him :mad:
    We need to start winning games, too many draws at the minute.
    Tell you what though, if Stoke play like we do, I might start watching their games :pac:
    I'm going to have a few beers tonight and write that one off.

Mixed emotions. Chucked another 2 points out the window, but we've also gone 4th after 10 games. Coleman was great (unfortunate that it was his error that cost us), Jelavic stunk the place out yet again. If we're blaming anyone, it must be him.

We're holding it together slightly better than Spurs and Arsenal, but with games against both of them coming up soon, it's disappointing we haven't given ourselves a decent point advantage on them. Both of those games are a cointoss.

I'd glady sacrifice some of this exciting attacking play if it meant we could be tighter at the back.

What I wouldn't give to have a Lee Carsley sitting in front of the back 4. Replacing Neville, that alone wouldn't sacrifice any attacking flair. Having 2 attacking full backs is great to watch but you're gonna concede alot if you don't use 2 sitting midfielders with it. I just think we haven't struck the right balance between attacking and staying tight. And we have to do some business in January to achieve it.

• Advertisement

Carsley 2.0 will be back soon enough hopefully.

Some communication from the club would be nice.

Columbia wrote: »
    Nobody thinks we're Barcelona

Actually.....Martin Jol thinks we are.....

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/11/jol-fulham-fortunate-to-escape-with-a-point/

:D

And congrats to our hero on the work he did at Anfield today......

Well done to Osman for getting in the England squad. If he'd played for West Ham he'd have 20 caps by now.

Props to Hodgson on that one, not many managers would consider calling up a 31-year-old for their first cap.

We could have three players on the pitch for England (Baines, Jags, Oz), when was the last time that happened?

Well done Ozzie, now don't get injured FFS.

Also just read on another forum that Michael Branch has been imprisoned (7 years) for drug dealing. Amazing how far some guys fall when they don't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Columbia wrote: »
    Props to Hodgson on that one, not many managers would consider calling up a 31-year-old for their first cap.

We could have three players on the pitch for England (Baines, Jags, Oz), when was the last time that happened?

Well done Ozzie, now don't get injured FFS.

Also just read on another forum that Michael Branch has been imprisoned (7 years) for drug dealing. Amazing how far some guys fall when they don't make it.

Is in today's Echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/11/08/former-everton-fc-striker-michael-branch-jailed-for-selling-drugs-100252-32193160/

I'm sure himself and Mark Ward both played under Colin Harvey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Well done to Osman for getting in the England squad. If he'd played for West Ham he'd have 20 caps by now.

About time.

Hopefully this weekend see's the end of the 4 draws in a row and we finally get a win that is needed.

Cannot believe we have drawn 4 in a row and still in 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Hopefully this weekend see's the end of the 4 draws in a row and we finally get a win that is needed.

Cannot believe we have drawn 4 in a row and still in 4th.

I hope we can go 20 mins without conceeding. It shows great character to come from behind so often and get a result but we've let in an early goal in the last five games (two v the RS:mad:)

Yeah was thinking about the early goals last week and noticed the defending is nowhere as good as last year.

The again seems to be the same for a lot of teams this year.

Never thought i'd say it but we need Gibson back asap to sit in front of the back 4. With 2 full backs playing nearly as wingers were going to concede more goals.

Reports of Mirallas going off with a hamstring injury :-(

SickBoy wrote: »
    Reports of Mirallas going off with a hamstring injury :-(

Yep, left hamstring. Won't be a long-term thing but he must be a doubt for next week.

1-0 down, if it stays like that (or even if we equalise) it's time to start aiming for the Europa, we're not getting near 4th at this pace.

We look very laboured.

Neville goes off and within 5 minutes we've gone from 0-1 down to 2-1 up.

*waits for Moyes to take Jelavic off and send Distin on again*

Get in. Finally get a win but we were poor

Phew! With Arsenal drawing that's nice.

• Advertisement

We were poor by our standards, but got the three points. Last week we did awful things to poor Fulham but only got a point, so the universe has levelled itself.

Hopefully City beat Spurs tomorrow and we will be 3 and 4 points ahead of them and Arsenal respectively.

Arteta gave a penalty away and also missed one in the last minute. I laughed but I'm also gutted for him, he is cursed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement