Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 NEW WARNING FROM MODS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm not gutted for Arteta. **** him!!

Looks like Mirallas is definately out for the Reading game but may be back for Norwhich ('may' usually means he won't be knowing Everton).

Time to start seeing Gibson appearing on the bench at least surely? If he doesn't at least get a run out in the U21 game against Reading on Sunday, I'll be pissed off!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

The polish canal + will be showing 2 of the 4 games on wednesday 28th everton v Arsenal is one of the options available . some good games get voting for the blues

http://www.canalplus.pl/sport/liga-angielska

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

currently in 4th place lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Should be at least 3 up at half time. 2 stonewall pens not given

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

We are the best in the league at not getting three points from the most commanding of positions.

It's the worst capitulation I've seen since the semi-final against Liverpool. It's like these guys are afraid to achieve something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

putrid result.. Neville out for 6-8 weeks and Fellaini suspended for next week.

I love how 7 days ago "Phil Neville picked up a knock". Now he's out for two months following knee surgery. Gibson "out for 5/6 weeks", 2.5 months later we're all guessing when he'll be back.

I'm looking forward to the games against Arsenal, Spurs and City, they're going to be great matches I think. Hopefully we can capitalise on home advantage and get the season back on track.

3 points at home to Norwich would be good too, but we all know that's not happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Voltwad wrote: »
    putrid result.. Neville out for 6-8 weeks and Fellaini suspended for next week.
    At least it means Fellaini will be back for the big games after that. He could probably do with a week off too

Gibson played an hour today for under 21's. Hope Mirallas is back next week and Pienaar dropped as he is in terrible form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The result was a bad one, but this time last season (and practically every season before that) I would have given my right arm to be fifth - if this our annual "dip in form" then we should be alright

• Advertisement

For Norwich, potentially missing Neville, Hibbert, Anichebe, Mirallas and Fellaini with Gibson and Hitzelsperger missing match fitness at least.

A win, any sloppy half arsed win would be a big relief next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

That second half was torture. Usually am pretty subdued watching Everton (you have to be really lol) but I found myself shouting at Heitinga to fecking close Roberts done. Their Defence was just pinging balls in to Roberts and La Fondre and we just backed off and let them turn, it was infuriating. Made them look like fecking Messi and Ibrahimovic. You could tell by the look on Moyes face after that he was spitting feathers, should of been three up at half time.

Barkley back at the club. Fancy him to play in the pocket behind Jelavic next weekend? Or will he be put out wide again.....If he plays at all?

Coleman getting some horrific abuse on Twitter, calling him a 'gypo' and 'pikey', and wishing he had been killed as a kid. Unfortunately it's not the first time a minority of fans have let us down like this. The club has taken a hard line in the past with lengthy bans, hopefully it continues.

Seamus hasn't been on Twitter in a while, I hope he doesn't see any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Some of our fans are an embarrassment. No different from any other set of fans.

It'll be somebody else in the next few weeks.

Just as in the past it's been Hibbert, Neville, Distin, Anichebe, Osman, Cahill, etc etc etc

Having said that. Coleman is no right back.

Jagielka player of the month for October.

Are they just gonna give one to the whole team?

Think were struggling for bodes tomorrow with Neville, Fella, Mirallas all out and Gibson Distin and Coleman doubts. Badly need a win

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Think were struggling for bodes tomorrow with Neville, Fella, Mirallas all out and Gibson Distin and Coleman doubts. Badly need a win

Mirallas could be back and Gibson is sure to play some part and I haven't seen any reliable sources say there's a problem with Coleman or Distin. The Interview Distin has done on the club website today doesn't indicate any problem

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Mirallas could be back and Gibson is sure to play some part and I haven't seen any reliable sources say there's a problem with Coleman or Distin. The Interview Distin has done on the club website today doesn't indicate any problem

Greg O keefe suggested we could struggle to field a back line tomorrow and Moyes refused to answer when questioned on Coleman and Distin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Another tough game against an in form Norwich. We really need to win this game to stay in the chasing pack and keep slim hopes if 4th alive.

Interesting to see the team he puts out today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jesus, Jagielka at right back. Hitz and Oviedo in midfield and a bench of kids.

Not good

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Would take a scrappy 1-0 looking at how weak our team is today

Its not that weak. Fellaini missing is the only big blow. It all depends how we cope with that and the Reading setback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Columbia wrote: »
    Coleman getting some horrific abuse on Twitter, calling him a 'gypo' and 'pikey', and wishing he had been killed as a kid. Unfortunately it's not the first time a minority of fans have let us down like this. The club has taken a hard line in the past with lengthy bans, hopefully it continues.

Seamus hasn't been on Twitter in a while, I hope he doesn't see any of this.

The threat of stadium bans will probably mean nowt to those trying to get at the player tbh. I would reckon that most of them are not match goers at all, and a number may not support your club at all.

Just idiots lacking the brainpower to do anything else with themselves. With any luck some of the ones saying anything even remotely threatening get found so they can wet their tough guy pants in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That was coming. Second half Everton have dominated without doing much, you just knew that a goal from Norwich was coming. Disappointing.

Roar wrote: »
    That was coming. Second half Everton have dominated without doing much, you just knew that a goal from Norwich was coming. Disappointing.

Too much of a habit at this point!

Shocking performance in the second half. Only bright spot was Oviedo looked decent. Would give him a run on the left and hope Mirallas is back for Wed and drop Pienaar who has been very poor for 2 months now. Hope Fella, Gibson and Mirallas are back for Wed

and drop Pienaar who has been very poor for 2 months now.
    Last time I checked Pienaar was leading our assists table for the season. He's vital for maintaining possession too. His shooting is brutal but otherwise I feel he does a great job for us.

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    Last time I checked Pienaar was leading our assists table for the season. He's vital for maintaining possession too. His shooting is brutal but otherwise I feel he does a great job for us.

Hasnt had an assist or goal in 6 matches or so and his passing in the last 5/6 games has been brutal. He even posted something on twitter last night about how poor he's been playing which he has now deleted. Maybe dropping him when Mirallas is fit might give him a kick in the ass. Our problem is most of our players have no competition for places so wont be dropped no matter how poor they play. Howard Neville Jelavic Osman Pienaar will always play regardless of form

What I want to know is how are we still 5th? We've been getting mostly bad results for 2 months now, which seems to be 2/3rds of the season so far.

Columbia wrote: »
    What I want to know is how are we still 5th? We've been getting mostly bad results for 2 months now, which seems to be 2/3rds of the season so far.

Probably because there is much worse teams than us. Saying that were nearly as close to relegation as we are to top spot. Need a big performance on wed

Spurs, Arsenal and the RS have been really inconsistent so far this season and are leaving the door open for 4th, such a shame we haven't taken the opportunity to put some more distance between us and them as they are all going to improve as the season goes on I'd imagine (especially after Jan transfer window)

penev10 wrote: »
    Spurs, Arsenal and the RS have been really inconsistent so far this season and are leaving the door open for 4th, such a shame we haven't taken the opportunity to put some more distance between us and them as they are all going to improve as the season goes on I'd imagine (especially after Jan transfer window)

We havent a hope of top 4 the way were playing. Dont have the squad. Have about 14/15 decent players and then nothing so a few injuries and then you get performances like yesterdays

Let's see how the games against Arsenal, City and Spurs go. 3 bad results and we're struggling to make the Europa, 3 decent results and we can keep thinking about 4th for a bit longer.

• Advertisement

Anyone hear of a bust up with Jelavic and Mirrallas? Seems we only Fellaini returning tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone hear of a bust up with Jelavic and Mirrallas? Seems we only Fellaini returning tomorrow night
    http://blog.fanatix.com/post/36590339859/nikica-jelavic-to-demand-everton-exit-after-falling-out

This is all I saw. I don't believe he wants to leave but couldn't help think he'd be booed if subbed against Norwich for his piss poor performance. I hate how strikers end up declining in performance at us, I'm not saying Jelavic is finished but he's been in poor form lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gibson back but no Mirallas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

1 down within the first minute. FML!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Good to see things back to normal at Goodison FFS

• Advertisement

We can win this. Jelavic needs a goal

at this rate we'll set a new record for draws in a season

meh

Down to 6th now - and if we lose to City, we drop to 7th at least

But if we can even be close after Christmas fixtures, we have a chance

And todays news that they are thinking of doing away with Europa League in a year or two and letting 7 teams into the CL is hugely significant for clubs like Everton

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jesus we dominated that game to my eyes. Terrible in the final third though.

I'd drop Naismith and play Oviedo until Mirallas is fit, he's making too many mistakes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Baines a doubt for saturday

Pienaar needs sometime on the bench. He's been off form the last 5/6 matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Brian? wrote: »
    Jesus we dominated that game to my eyes. Terrible in the final third though.

I'd drop Naismith and play Oviedo until Mirallas is fit, he's making too many mistakes.

Naismith just isn't up to the grade. He's a decent squad player but that's about it. Jelavic has also been poor the past few games. Even his positional sense is all over the place. And the sooner piennars dreads grow back the better, he's like Samson!

One thing I'm happy about is moyes putting a gun to kenwrights head regarding felliani. No contract talks until after the jan transfer window

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

oviedo lost on right wing bad idea.

pienaar has had to put in a lot more work than usual the last while with fellani, naismith etc up front and not working in midfield

I don't think we can drop Naismith, he and Fellaini are the only players scoring goals for us at the moment. Between them they've scored 7 of our last 8. Not saying he's been great (or even good), but there is no way we can drop the guy who's been coming up with half our goals.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement