Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function room in city center area for 40th Wedding Anniversary?

Options
  • 31-07-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend venue's with function rooms suitable for a 40th Wedding Anniversary Party in or near Dublin city center?

Been looking around and found a couple of possibilities but they weren't ideal for a 40th.

Other than that i've been finding it very hard to get information which has surprised me as i'd imagine there is always some function or other going on in city center.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone could give on this
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

What about a local community centre with catering facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Depending on how much money you have, you could try the College of Surgeons or the College of Physicians, but you're looking at big bucks.

Alternatively the Garda Club on Harrington Street, or the Teacher's Club on Parnell Square. If you could hire the upstairs Library Bar in the Central Hotel on Exchequer St it could be a great spot for a party

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

How about one of the upstairs rooms in Doheny & Nesbitts? I had my 40th there and it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Thanks guys,

A few nice suggestions there, particularly like the idea of somewhere like Doheny and Nesbitts or the Teachers Club I'll check them both out when i'm in the city center in the next couple of days.

Was also gonna check out Legal Eagle but they seem to be closed...any other thoughts please let me know and i'll do a full walkabout when i'm in the city:)

Oh...Just to say in relation to The Harcourt Hotel...the guy in there did actually get back to me (and very promptly and informatively too) as I realised today but it was going into my spam folder..totally my fault...might actually remove the comment (about them not replying) from my original post :o

Advertisement