Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherrif Street/02 area: what's it like?

Options
  • 31-07-2012 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I looked an apartment down there in the liffey trust building. Is the area safe at night? The place looks a bit derelict and its on the red luas line so its easily accessible by junkies, etc. Just want to make sure it doesnt turn into the wild west when night falls

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

zeroplay wrote: »
    I looked an apartment down there in the liffey trust building. Is the area safe at night? The place looks a bit derelict and its on the red luas line so its easily accessible by junkies, etc. Just want to make sure it doesnt turn into the wild west when night falls

I live on Talbot St. which is congested with junkies selling gear during the day. However late at night these creatures seem to creep back into their dens because the street is empty.

Phone and bag snatching (mainly of women) is common place.

It's a renter's market out there. Unless you really have to I'd avoid the general area. Even if the junkies don't readily attack you it can be annoying having to witness them everyday shooting up/dealing drugs/shouting/publicly pissing/fighting on your way to and from work.

Also from a services perspective, unless you plan to go to a gig or watch a movie there are NO services (bar a Spar shop) out by the O2.

Ghost town.

So between Ghosts + Zombies/Junkies I'd widen your search...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

there are so many better places of town to rent in!

there are lots of decent people in that area but it's the minority that ruin it's reputation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

if anything that area is a ghost town at night (except when something is on in the O2) big difference between Upper and Lower Sheriff Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Lived there for 2 years, never will again. It's like Ballymun with a river.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Ive lived in spencer dock apartment complex just up from the o2 for last 18 months. Havent had any problems, but leaving now to be closer to work

Mayor square is grand, plenty of shops etc.
    But yeah theres a bit of a dodgy element if u go just slightly north
    They tend not to drift down to mayor square too often though, n its mostly office workers, nci students etc so no bother.

Red line luas is well dodgy as you may know, mainly around busaras, abbey street (especially) and jervis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 zeroplay

Thanks for all the replies. I was tempted by the high spec, low rent apartment but I think I'll steer clear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Thanks for all the replies. I was tempted by the high spec, low rent apartment but I think I'll steer clear.

A high spec apt will be low rent for a reason

Advertisement