Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID in Cork?

Options
  • 31-07-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was just wondering, how strict are Chambers, Loafers and Ruby's with ID in Cork? I'm moving up next month to go to college in UCC and I'm 17. I look older, and I'm 18 next March but I really wanna be able to go out to these clubs. I've an ID which is someone who looks similar to me. Should I be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I was just wondering, how strict are Chambers, Loafers and Ruby's with ID in Cork? I'm moving up next month to go to college in UCC and I'm 17. I look older, and I'm 18 next March but I really wanna be able to go out to these clubs. I've an ID which is someone who looks similar to me. Should I be ok?

Should you be ok in what? Breaking the licencing laws? Impersonation? Fraud? Putting a club's licence at risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seandooleyking

evilivor wrote: »
    Should you be ok in what? Breaking the licencing laws? Impersonation? Fraud? Putting a club's licence at risk?

Clearly you're not the type of person I'm looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Clearly you're not the type of person I'm looking for...

I think looking for help on breaking the law in frowned upon on this forum.

I think looking for help on breaking the law in frowned upon on this forum.

Oh stop over exaggerating you prune!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

If you are not 18 and don't have proper ID you won't get in anywhere. You're just going to have to wait it out.

• Advertisement

If you are not 18 and don't have proper ID you won't get in anywhere. You're just going to have to wait it out.

I get in here in Waterford though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Nobody knows what you look like or how similar the ID is, so I don't see how anyone can tell you whether you'll get away with it or not anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Even if you were 18, you wouldn't always get it. It seems to be fairly arbitrary. Quite annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Waterford is a different story! I've only ever been asked for ID once in Waterford and that was in Dignity one night. Also gone out in Waterford with 16 year olds who looked nowhere near 18!

Every club in Cork I've been asked for ID in. Most nights you're lucky to get in even if you are 18 :P Chambers can be pretty bad sometimes too. One bouncer in particular is very picky about who he lets in. Being 18 and sober isn't enough for him to let you in apparently he wants you to look gay enough too (according to the barmaids anyway)

Thanks to all the HELPFUL people. :) Do you think I'd get in on a weekday with my student card? Saturdays will be dodgy obviously, but will I get in on weekdays? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yes I can guarantee that you will, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

obviously it does depend where you're trying to get in. If you're going to a normal pub then you won't be ID'd but if you're intent on getting into clubs here, then yes, they will ID anyone who looks under 25. Even if you're 18, there's only certain days you can go to clubs here in cork, generally clubs don't allow 18 y/o's in on weekends atall. weekdays, you might be alright, but make sure you're sober and confident. Although it's not the greatest, Mangans is probably your best shot.
    How did you end up going to college 6 months shy of 18?

obviously it does depend where you're trying to get in. If you're going to a normal pub then you won't be ID'd but if you're intent on getting into clubs here, then yes, they will ID anyone who looks under 25. Even if you're 18, there's only certain days you can go to clubs here in cork, generally clubs don't allow 18 y/o's in on weekends atall. weekdays, you might be alright, but make sure you're sober and confident. Although it's not the greatest, Mangans is probably your best shot.
    How did you end up going to college 6 months shy of 18?

Thanks for the info! :) I'd like to go to the gay bars you see, apparently if you go in before 10 they won't ID you since you're in there already? I didn't do TY!

In terms of lgbt bars, I'm not sure to be honest. chambers is big enough like so you might have some trouble there, but loafers should be alright.

In terms of lgbt bars, I'm not sure to be honest. chambers is big enough like so you might have some trouble there, but loafers should be alright.

Thanks!

no worries mate, there's a better vibe to chambers I think, but you still get a good crowd in loafers. you'll be grand anyway. there'll be people in the same boat as you in college anyway, you're not going to be the only one under 18, and there's a lgbt society too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

You'll definitely be ID'ed anyway, if you're under 21. Depends on the bouncer generally, I'd say you might have a tough time though. Student ID won't mean a thing to most of 'em, they don't generally accept it anymore cos' they're so easy to fake. If you go in with a group, you might have a better chance as they'll probably take less time actually looking at the pic!

Advertisement