Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croke Park seating

• 31-07-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭

What do people think are the best seats in Croke Park? Some seem to say the upper tiers aren't great but from what I've seen I couldn't fault them.

Many seem to be of the opinion that the lower middle would be good. I have never experienced a match here but I would have thought its a bit low and thst you'd have to be leaning forward to look up the far end of the pitch.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Bang on halfway line, in line with the back of the area where the subs sit/presentation area. Had them for AI final last year, section 331, think its about row EE if I'm correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Section 306/307 Cusack.

About 10 rows back. In the sunshine. Watching Kerry win.

I've sat everywhere in Croke Park, and never been disappointed with the view.

One of the best stadiums in the world for spectators.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bang on halfway line, in line with the back of the area where the subs sit/presentation area. Had them for AI final last year, section 331, think its about row EE if I'm correct.

Best seats in the house.

I was right in front of the Tipp subs bench for last years final. (Galway Minor's bench).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Premium section by a mile. Then the boxes. Then ard comharile, followed by middle of the lower cusack or Hogan.

Sad that money talks, although the premium seats aren't that much dearer. If you get a central premium one, its about the best view you'll see in any stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Wouldn't rate the premium seats at all. The boxes don't even register in the discussion for me.

I'd prefer a fight for the loo and concessions with the atmosphere of being in the thick of the lower tiers over the slightly removed and sterile surroundings in the premium deck every single time. I'd even choose the Hill before the premium seats. The best view rarely means the best seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,466 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

on days like All Ireland finals when you take whatever ticket you get I found the first few rows of the upper canal end to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

I feel that behind the goal in Canal End upper tier (front few rows) or even premium is the best view for those eagle-eyed people!
    Get to see everywhere on the pitch and see the off the ball movement of the Gooch, Shefflin etc! Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Can you buy premium tickets though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Anyone else feel that the very top of the Upper Decks feels a bit too high up/too far back? It's grand if you're anywhere in the first few rows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Syferus wrote: »
    Wouldn't rate the premium seats at all. The boxes don't even register in the discussion for me.

I'd prefer a fight for the loo and concessions with the atmosphere of being in the thick of the lower tiers over the slightly removed and sterile surroundings in the premium deck every single time. I'd even choose the Hill before the premium seats. The best view rarely means the best seats.

I was going solely on view, which it wins hands down. There's a happy medium between view and atmosphere in the middle of the lower Cusack/Hogan.

Atmosphere is shiite in the boxes but has been ok in the premium any time i've been there, it's not all snobs. I've had a great day in the hill too I suppose. Loads on offer really around the stadium

• Advertisement

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that the very top of the Upper Decks feels a bit too high up/too far back? It's grand if you're anywhere in the first few rows.

I've only been in the first few rows of it and wouldn't go farther back for fear of not being able to see the sideline.

I was in the upper hogan row a/b/c, somewhere very near the front but had to lean forward slightly whenever the player ran close to the line.

I sat in the front row of the Upper Cusack for Galway v Kilkenny in 2005.

Never again.

I nearly jumped over the wall with excitement every time Galway scored a goal.

It still sends the shivers down my spine when I think back on it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Boxes are terrible for watching matches.

The best seats you can get are Lower Cusack 305/306 or Lower Hogan 331/332. Nowhere else comes close to those two.

edit: Seating plan to better illustrate my point:

croke%20park.gif

Lapin wrote: »
    I sat in the front row of the Upper Cusack for Galway v Kilkenny in 2005.

Never again.

I nearly jumped over the wall with excitement every time Galway scored a goal.

It still sends the shivers down my spine when I think back on it. :eek:

You wouldn't like the aviva so. I think it's must be twice as steep and maybe more rows too. If you stand up with no crowd in front you feel as though you could roll on down over the edge and onto the pitch.

I'd think the edge of the upper tier would be the best myself. View of all the pitch and no one blocking your view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Neeson wrote: »
    Can you buy premium tickets though?

Think they were advertising a 1 year premium ticket last time out @ Leinster Final

Hate the view from upper - well sorry have vertigo and just see meself toppling over the balustrade, can't concentrate on match :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Depends what you're into. If you want the best view of the game from an academic POV then the Premium seating in the Davin Stand and it's not even close. If you're just there for the spectacle probably Lower Hogan in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

keane2097 wrote: »
    Depends what you're into. If you want the best view of the game from an academic POV then the Premium seating in the Davin Stand and it's not even close. If you're just there for the spectacle probably Lower Hogan in the middle.
    Hi
    Have tickets for section 326 seats uu in the lower hogan. I know that its beside the canal end and should be weather-proof. Just wondoring whats the view of the field from these seats.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Hi
    Have tickets for section 326 seats uu in the lower hogan. I know that its beside the canal end and should be weather-proof. Just wondoring whats the view of the field from these seats.
    Thanks

Views from the corner areas are fantastic, particularly if you're up a few rows. It's been said before but it bears repeating - very few seats in Croke Park offer anything approaching a bad view of the action. You'll be going to one of the finest stadiums on the planet, after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Section 306/307 Cusack.

About 10 rows back. In the sunshine. Watching Kerry win.

I've sat everywhere in Croke Park, and never been disappointed with the view.

One of the best stadiums in the world for spectators.

You know there was a time when I said the very same myself. Then I got lower Cusack tickets for a game and they were right in at the back. They were so bad you could not actually see the match properly and I realised at that point why there were tv screens mounted there!

To answer the op though I would always prefer lower Hogan (330-332) or Cusack (305-307) as great as the atmosphere is on the Hill you will always see the full game from those seats and not rely on squinting to see the big screen at the Canal end for a replay of whatever happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi
    Thanks

To be honest, it's not amazing. If you're towards the back of the lower tier it'll probably be ok but I've found it difficult to see the far corner from down low around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

curry-muff wrote: »
    Boxes are terrible for watching matches.

The best seats you can get are Lower Cusack 305/306 or Lower Hogan 331/332. Nowhere else comes close to those two.

edit: Seating plan to better illustrate my point:

croke%20park.gif

Have to agree 100%. Get the Dublin season tickets each year and we're always in between 304 & 307 in the Cusack. You want to be about 35 rows back as you get the cover of the stand from rain but still get that lovely sunshine and scorched head on days like two Sundays ago vs Meath. You also get the better perpective than being right down at pitch level.

Saturdays matches...sect 306, row AA...sweet:D

keane2097 wrote: »
    To be honest, it's not amazing. If you're towards the back of the lower tier it'll probably be ok but I've found it difficult to see the far corner from down low around there.

I was thinking this too. I was sitting down in the lower Hogan stand in the corner where the Hogan meets the Davin stand. You wouldn't have been able to see down the far corner what with people blocking you and what not. You'd have to be leaning forward.

I moved to premium level then, much better view.

GAAman wrote: »
    You know there was a time when I said the very same myself. Then I got lower Cusack tickets for a game and they were right in at the back. They were so bad you could not actually see the match properly and I realised at that point why there were tv screens mounted there!

To answer the op though I would always prefer lower Hogan (330-332) or Cusack (305-307) as great as the atmosphere is on the Hill you will always see the full game from those seats and not rely on squinting to see the big screen at the Canal end for a replay of whatever happened.
    Thats why I said about 10 rows back :P

I hate the double letters. Keeps you dry, but if there is any high balls, you miss everything.

Any row A-Z is good. The doubles are a bit dodgy :P And anything from GG-ZZ are rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'd echo what other people have said, the best view would be either in the Premium/Corporate/first few rows of the Upper level. You get a great view of the entire pitch, but you don't need a pair of binoculars :D

For the best seat I'd go for halfway up in the Lower Hogan/Cusack stand, anywhere near the halfway line. You get a great feel for what's happening on the pitch, and you have a good view also.

For most Kilkenny matches that are in Croke Park, I manage to get lower Hogan Stand tickets, except for the All-Ireland that is! I've only managed to get a ticket in the Lower Hogan twice, back in '99 :( and '09 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Back in the day, the old upper Hogan had to be just about the perfect viewing platform. Not too steep and the ideal height.

Yeah the only advantage to the double letter seats in Cusack is they're nearer the bar and then they're nearer the toilets :rolleyes:

How far do the rows go back in the Cusack stand? What letter? Is it to ZZ?

How far do the rows go back in the Cusack stand? What letter? Is it to ZZ?

I think ZZ is a barstool ... (see previous post) .. I think the very back seats are for the wheelchair accessible area and they're section 40*

I have the option of 307 RR on the lower cusack and 703 B in the upper cusack.

Which one is best? It's difficult to know.

People seem to say that farther back into the late double letters aren't that great. but the ones in the lower stand are centralish.

With the upper stand they are more near one side. Nearer hill 16 but they are high up with a good view and also not too far back bring in row B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

305/306 Cusack, and if we were to be picky we'd go from the double letters up to about QQ so you're up a bit but not far back enough so that the overhang blocks the pitch/high balls/big screens. I was in 305 MM or so for the AI Final 2011, perfect view for Cluxton putting over the final point, magic!

The disadvantage for the Hogan is you can't see any screens just in case you miss some of the action :) The advantage is if it's a final you can see your team a bit better :P

306 GG for this Saturday, magnificent location :D

You wouldn't like the aviva so. I think it's must be twice as steep and maybe more rows too. If you stand up with no crowd in front you feel as though you could roll on down over the edge and onto the pitch.

You're right - I don't.

But for lots of different reasons I won't go into here.

Back to Croker - I'm in Section 334 tomorrow.
    Last time I sat there was when Clarinbridge won the club final last year.
    Hopefully its a good omen for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭lemmno

Just wondering if any of you croker veterans can advise me on which will give me the better view for the hurling on sunday- i have a choice of upper davin 720 row B, and upper hogan 727 row O? is it much of a muchness?

727 is Almost on the end line.

720 is directly behind the goals.

Row O is 15 Rows back.
    Row B is 2.

I'd pick 727 myself, but on All Ireland Final day, I won't make a difference.

Thanks! I take it I wont need binoculars then?!

They are both on the upper level, just in case you didn't know, so you will be a bit far from the pitch, but no binoculars won;t be necessary.

• Advertisement

I was in upper cusack before for a concert in 715 row TT and thought it was crappy enough to be honest, couldnt see much-although the stage was all the way over at the hill, different story for a match I take it.Although a sliotar is very small! I was in lower hogan 328 row EE for the donegal/cork football match-thats what I call a view! Hoping row O in 727 isnt too far back to actually see all the action. I also have the option of a hill ticket but at 5ft 3 if anyone stands in front of me I'm screwed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

lemmno wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of you croker veterans can advise me on which will give me the better view for the hurling on sunday- i have a choice of upper davin 720 row B, and upper hogan 727 row O? is it much of a muchness?

Take the hogan, David end is the worst tickets after Nally stand even the hill is better.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I have a choice between the Nally Terrace or the Upper Cusack (Section 707, Row W) Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

audman wrote: »
    I have a choice between the Nally Terrace or the Upper Cusack (Section 707, Row W) Opinions?

Upper cusack....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Opinions on 713 lads? Anyone there before/near it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

707 is on the halfway line..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

fullstop wrote: »

707 is on the halfway line..
    Do ya reckon Row W will be a little too far back though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Hi
    Thanks
    I have the option of 307 RR on the lower cusack and 703 B in the upper cusack.

Which one is best? It's difficult to know.

People seem to say that farther back into the late double letters aren't that great. but the ones in the lower stand are centralish.

With the upper stand they are more near one side. Nearer hill 16 but they are high up with a good view and also not too far back bring in row B.

Use either of these sites to get a 'ball-park' view !!
    First one is interactive, second one isn't great but has the potential to be if more people thought of uploading their pics (I never do!!) :-)

http://www.crokepark.ie/about/seating-plans

http://www.seatpic.com/venue/203/croke-park-dublin-ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Never was in Upper Cusack but was wondering could you get from Upper Cusack to say Upper Hogan after the match without going downstairs to a lower level? Have to be in Mountjoy Sq. fairly soon after the match and would need to exit the quickest way possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Never was in Upper Cusack but was wondering could you get from Upper Cusack to say Upper Hogan after the match without going downstairs to a lower level? Have to be in Mountjoy Sq. fairly soon after the match and would need to exit the quickest way possible.
    Last time I was there was for the football QF (Cork, Donegal, Kildare & Kerry) and it definitely wouldn't have been a problem, yeh could easily have done that during the game. Might be a bit stricter for a sell-out though..

But when you go to the exit could you walk from one hall to the other? Wouldn't want to block anybody from watching Fergie Moore lifting Liam on my way out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Do ya reckon Row W will be a little too far back though?

No, great view. I love the upper tiers for watching, you can see what's going on all over the pitch. Sat in row M for Donegal v Kerry and it was perfect.

Just go out the exit to the concourse and walk around. There'll be no problem at any stage, have watched first half in lower Cusack and second half in upper Hogan before when it wasn't full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

But when you go to the exit could you walk from one hall to the other? Wouldn't want to block anybody from watching Fergie Moore lifting Liam on my way out :pac:
    I dunno what you mean by hall but I was in section 722 iirc, which I think is the last section in the Davin, and there was no problem getting into the Hogan in the walkway behind the seats like, if that makes any sense. As in, I was seated in the Davin, but I bought my food in a Hogan shop, I actually even went down to the lower Hogan to meet a friend. Once I was in I could've went anywhere.

I made a balls of explaining it. Meant to the walkway/corridor. Cheers for the help though guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

fullstop wrote: »
    No, great view. I love the upper tiers for watching, you can see what's going on all over the pitch. Sat in row M for Donegal v Kerry and it was perfect.

Just go out the exit to the concourse and walk around. There'll be no problem at any stage, have watched first half in lower Cusack and second half in upper Hogan before when it wasn't full.

I'd be of the opposite opinion. Row W is another 10 rows back, and its hurling as well which isnt as easy for following the ball as football. The craic with your own supporters in the terrace would be better than being in pretty much the last row of the upper tier. But also depends how tall/strong you are for the terrace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement