Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 - Anyone watching this again?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Loved 24 myself - can anyone recommend a similar type show for me to watch? Have seen "The Unit", and "The Last Ship" recently, which would be roughly along the same lines. Any other suggestions?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

kelbal wrote: »
    Loved 24 myself - can anyone recommend a similar type show for me to watch? Have seen "The Unit", and "The Last Ship" recently, which would be roughly along the same lines. Any other suggestions?

thanks

Have you looked at Legends on TNT? Only started recently.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402137/

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Have you looked at Legends on TNT? Only started recently.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402137/

will check it out, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kelbal wrote: »

thanks

Check out The Shield, a show that actually improves every single season

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Used to weather as an excuse to watch Redemption - enjoyed it. The new president's soon seems like a bit of a tool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I have to say season 7 is pretty great. It's got all things you'd expect from 24, mental conspiracy and all. I'm only at 7.10.

They're really putting Walker through the meat grinder.

Jack in the
    Oval Office was great. When President Taylor was asking about his loyalties: 'with all due respect, Madame President, ask around'.
    One of the best lines from the show. It's a wonder he doesn't shout at these people - 'this, right here, this is the job'. Guess his actions speak for themselves, eh?

A mole couple? Pair of muppets! :pac: Mind you, I think almost everyone who is dodgy this season has had some lover/relationship as a loose end...

Larry Moss must be the most frustrated FBI agent on the planet. :pac:

Oh, the president's daughter, the little wagon. :mad:

Quite liked day 7 overall. The last few episodes before the finale did feel a little like they were scrambling to fill time, reluctant though I am to use the word 'filler.' Jack being quasi-superhuman well, it's 24, after all. Tony -
    a very broken man, I suppose.
    The best scene was undoubtedly Jack and Renee
    just before he was taken to hospital
    , very well done. I'd say the Jack/Renee pairing is one of the best season long partnerships of any shows around, really. She absorbed his mindset as the season went along, culminating in
    her moment with Will Patton (Big Bad with several seasons worth of blood on his hands),
    she became Jack long before that, really.

Aaron Pierce - legend, basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quite liked day 7 overall. The last few episodes before the finale did feel a little like they were scrambling to fill time, reluctant though I am to use the word 'filler.' Jack being quasi-superhuman well, it's 24, after all. Tony -
    a very broken man, I suppose.
    The best scene was undoubtedly Jack and Renee
    just before he was taken to hospital
    , very well done. I'd say the Jack/Renee pairing is one of the best season long partnerships of any shows around, really. She absorbed his mindset as the season went along, culminating in
    her moment with Will Patton (Big Bad with several seasons worth of blood on his hands),
    she became Jack before long before that, really.

Aaron Pierce - legend, basically.

Season 7 is very solid - few too many twists, I thought, but overall it was great. Enjoy season 8, another good one! :)

I read a Youtube comment citing Kiefer to the effect that the show's UK viewership is why Fox stuck with it. Didn't know that.

Jon Cassar doesn't seem to have directed anything in s8.

8.01 - The new CTU is certainly fancy, eh? Quality of personnel remains to be seen. Unfortunately read 2 significant spoilers by accident on Wiki. Dammit.

What can I say about the last batch of episodes from day 8, they were very 24. The torture was quite grim. Arlo and Chloe
    teaming up was good. Not sure she had the command heft to run CTU, but they gave her enough scope and decisions to carry the role for the last few hours. President Taylor pissed all over her presidency until her conscience finally got the better of her. The assault on Logan's limo was great, I'd only seen a a snippet of that before. Enjoyed Jack's facial expression at the very end of 8.23 when staring down the barrel of the rifle. They really cranked up the 'man on a mission' factor towards the end. Very appropriate ending with Chloe too.
    Navid Negahban who is one of the IRK delegation had a prominent role in Homeland.

Television is not television without Jack Bauer.

Also, Hassan's daughter. Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

When you binge-watch, it does get a bit comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bgr123

What a great show.Hopefully new show will match the others but very much doubt it.

Advertisement