Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday, the worst day of the week?

• 31-07-2012 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Weekend lone gone, ages to the next one, I for one am ensconced in misanthropy on this dire excuse of a day, 55 minutes to go and it's gone and out of the road for six days, good riddance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Hold on, let me get my dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yes, Tuesday is a horrible day. For some reason it was always the crappest day in school, college and the course I'm doing now. Feckin' hate Tuesdays.

Except today. Today was a good Tuesday apart from the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

agreed tuesday the worst, monday you have been preparing yourself from sunday evening and you can always chat about the weekend gone by!tuesday is terrible..but by the time wednesday comes your on the right side of the week...so yea tues is sh**t!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Every day is the same.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Monday is worse than Tuesday, it's further away from the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Strangely enough I find most Monday's ok, having a wee bottle of Carlsberg at 00,01 to celebrate Wednesday, what a life getter I am ! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Its 22 minutes to Wednesday - Say Goodbye to Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nearly over, Friday is only 48 hours away.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Wednesday is here lads :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TIMEisMONEY

Tuesday was the worst day of the week for me my entire life.....until a few months ago that is.

I found out i was born on a Tuesday,now its the best day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Tuesdays, Wednesdays break my heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Look at the word Tuesdays until it makes no sence.

Wont take long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Squ wrote: »
    Look at the word Tuesdays until it makes no sence.

Wont take long.

That's pretty much the case with every single word tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Tuesday was the worst day of the week for me my entire life.....until a few months ago that is.

I found out i was born on a Tuesday,now its the best day of the week.
    I too was born on a Tuesday but I still regard it as the suckiest day of the week and the worst time on a Tuesday is 3pm. The week bottoms out at 3pm each Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

its definitely the most boring day of the week. There's nothing on tv, very little sport, nobody out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

One word: pancakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If I could skip straight to Friday evening I'd be extremely happy tbh. Tuesdays are pure shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Monday is the beginning of the week
    Tuesday is the end of the beginning of the week
    Wednesday is the middle of the week
    Thursday is the beginning of the end of the week
    Friday is (woo-hoo) the end of the week...

That is what the staff in the school used to break up the week.... And yes Tuesday is sh*tty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

One heard that most accidents/deaths/suicides and bad **** in general happen on a Tuesday. no idea if it's true or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

I think I speak for all school goers when I say the Worst time of the week is approximatly 14:30 on Thursday, when you simultainiously realise the weekend is suddenly in reach and you have to do a F-ton of homework for tomorrow, and the teach is giving you another great steaming pile to do over the weekend. There is no greater soul wrenching misery than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Tuesday is a glorified Monday but not as bad as a Monday. For those of you spending your Sunday thinking about Monday, well your wasting you Sunday.

For me personally, once Monday is out of the way, the rest of the week follows suit, all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Sunday is the worst day. I hate Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Growing up it was always the worst day for TV. Antiques Roadshow, Songs of Praise, Mass from some random place, the Waltons, 7th Heaven etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tuesday sucks

The best day of the whole year is a Tuesday.....the first day of The Cheltenham Festival :D

Don't knock Tuesdays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Whats all this Tuesday business? I thought anyone working Monday to Friday would be more inclined to hate Mondays. Any day that isn't Monday is better, non?

/does Friday dance

F1 this weekend :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Well it certaintly can't be Mondays, because Bob Geldoff hates Mondays, and he's a twat. Although, Bob Geldoff probably hates most days, so that's a problem right there.

Sunday evenings are horrible (post 9pm)
    Mondays are the pits (especially if you had The Fear Sunday night and only got 3 hours kip)
    Tuesdays are fine - you are starting to wind down for the weekend :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

But Sundays have the best dinner.

• Advertisement

LittleBook wrote: »
    But Sundays have the best dinner.

I think Sundays are fine up to a point! Plenty of football and live sport on but when that all finishes around 9ish you tend to get 'The Sunday Blues' and even two episodes of Father Ted on More4 can cheer you up enough to forget that the weekend is coming to an end and it's time to start ironing your shirts and thinking about a return to work. Plus you have the impending 'Fear' to contend with also when you turn out the lights :(

I do agree tho about the dinners, can't bate a Mammy-cooked Sunday dinner! :D

Advertisement