Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everyday is a school day

• 31-07-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Does anyone believe that?

And if so, what did you learn today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What you talkin' about Willis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That I work with even more cunts than I thought I did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I learned today that dogs have anal sacks that can get blocked up and irritate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That I really really REALLY need to get a new job asap before I snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

T'was a slow day in work so I took apart a measuring tape (almost gouging my eye out in the process) and put it back together again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Today I learned that everyday is a school day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

No day is a school day since the court stopped me from being anywhere near school grounds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

The shuttle cocks are made from the feathers from left wing of a goose. None from the right wing.

That prompted a 20min conversation in work today....it was also a slow day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Although I was born in 93. I dont think everyday is a school day. As I gaze over at my younger brother, who is currently in a play station coma. Its far from the days, about 30 - 50 years ago. Where life was alot more simplier aswell as the way of living. Youngens these days are to "into" their PS3, Wii, Xbox, tablet Ipods. etc. So with all these gadgets sucking the life out of young children.So I believe these days are FAR from a school days OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Although I was born in 93. I dont think everyday is a school day. As I gaze over at my younger brother, who is currently in a play station coma. Its far from the days, about 30 - 50 years ago. Where life was alot more simplier aswell as the way of living. Youngens these days are to "into" their PS3, Wii, Xbox, tablet Ipods. ect So with all these gadgets sucking the life out of young children.So I believe these days are FAR from a school days OP.

You're 19 years old and you sound like a grumpy old man already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

School is for cissies. Today was a work day. If you had a slow day, you didn't try hard enough. Try Harder. Today was a fast day. Very Fast. I loved it.:)

Pottler wrote: »
    School is for cissies. Today was a work day. If you had a slow day, you didn't try hard enough. Try Harder. Today was a fast day. Very Fast. I loved it.:)

Everyone loves the office Chuck Norris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

A day you don't learn something new is a day wasted.

You're 19 years old and you sound like a grumpy old man already.

Maybe, but do you agree or disagree with my opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Today I learned....................................................*walks off*

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Today I learned....................................................*walks off*

Hahaha That was gas. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    Does anyone believe that?

And if so, what did you learn today?
    living in a residential centre which has a special school,every day is most certainly a school day here.:pac:
    except the teachers are not slamming us up against the walls,restraining us on tables,using rulers and their hands as canes and they are not calling us thick and backward,thank christ/allah/FSM etc this isnt the eighties and nineties anymore.

am slow at learning and retaining info so it takes a while to learn stuff but most likely last thing had learnt was probably about chickens as am currently breeding a new flock of them and obsessed with the buggers-got a batch of blue cochin eggs in the incubator with one week to go,very rare breed-when full grown they look like they are wearing feathery trousers,heres a photo of mine of a cochin cockrel at chatsworth house- http://fav.me/d4u4yyw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Hahaha That was gas. :pac:

Please dont be sarcastic. :(

Maybe, but do you agree or disagree with my opinion?

Not really. The range of gadgets, games, media entertainment etc that kids have these days is far more sophisticated than anything previously seen by previous generations.

Modern technologies have as much scope to teach as they do to distract. What young people learn from them or lose through them really comes down to the individual.

Everyone loves the office Chuck Norris.
    Happily, I build offices, not work in them.

• Advertisement

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Please dont be sarcastic. :(

Sorry. :(:(

I learned that I prefer Strawberry Daquiries to Sexy Chick cocktails :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Although I was born in 93. I dont think everyday is a school day. As I gaze over at my younger brother, who is currently in a play station coma. Its far from the days, about 30 - 50 years ago. Where life was alot more simplier aswell as the way of living. Youngens these days are to "into" their PS3, Wii, Xbox, tablet Ipods. etc. So with all these gadgets sucking the life out of young children.So I believe these days are FAR from a school days OP.

Are you sure we're the same age? o_O

Scruffles wrote: »
    living in a residential centre which has a special school,every day is most certainly a school day here.:pac:
    except the teachers are not slamming us up against the walls,restraining us on tables,using rulers and their hands as canes and they are not calling us thick and backward,thank christ/allah/FSM etc this isnt the eighties and nineties anymore.

am slow at learning and retaining info so it takes a while to learn stuff but most likely last thing had learnt was probably about chickens as am currently breeding a new flock of them and obsessed with the buggers-got a batch of blue cochin eggs in the incubator with one week to go,very rare breed-when full grown they look like they are wearing feathery trousers,heres a photo of mine of a cochin cockrel at chatsworth house- http://fav.me/d4u4yyw
    Very nice looking bird, hope some hatch - post some pics of them if they do. I like chickens as well, very orderly animals, fascinating really. Had never heard of Cochins before, learn somthing new every day, thanks.

Not really. The range of gadgets, games, media entertainment etc that kids have these days is far more sophisticated than anything previously seen by previous generations.

Modern technologies have as much scope to teach as they do to distract. What young people learn from them or lose through them really comes down to the individual.

Well thats obvious.

Well I dont see how you could learn "much" by shooting people on a ps3. Or by listening to M and M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Well thats obvious.

Well I dont see how you could learn "much" by shooting people on a ps3. Or by listening to M and M.

That's it, I'm calling shenanigans.

I learned that I prefer Strawberry Daquiries to Sexy Chick cocktails :D
    Just on the sound, I prefer "sexy chick", but daquiries may well be the bomb.:)

Namlub wrote: »
    Are you sure we're the same age? o_O

Only you know that!

Namlub wrote: »
    That's it, I'm calling shenanigans.

Who is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Today I learned reading a 19 year old refer to "younguns" makes me feel stabby.... :p

Well thats obvious.

Well, I'm glad I managed to convince you that you were wrong.

Well, I'm glad I managed to convince you that you were wrong.

Well Im unsure how im wrong. But Im in need of some sleep. So dont heed me. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

I learned that the draw bias at Galway is very pronounced and I'm gonna clean up tomorrow backing speed horses on the rail.

This may not happen.

Advertisement