Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, you're on an airplane...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mmmm true..... But if I slide it down over her feet and therefore take it off, I would be able spread her legs more to get deeper into her ;)

From personal experience you can hike the skirt top (is hem the right word?) up above the hips and then throw the bottom bit up over that again allowing heaps of room for access and leg spreading

Plus then if the plane lands right she can just pull it down for the whole evacuation thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Get out the camera and take a photograph of the Oresund bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Surely you can't be serious?

I am..........and don't call me surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Head down the back and try my best to judge a safe height to jump from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Shouldn't have read this with a flight to Chicago in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Take my phone off Airplane mode. Cause it can't kill us now either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

JupiterKid wrote: »
    ....."ladies and gentlemen, we have lost almost all our power and part of the tail and rudder has sheared off.....
    Thoie wrote: »
    ...... or maybe turn my phone on and see if there's any signal.
    Noxin wrote: »
    Take my phone off Airplane mode. Cause it can't kill us now either way!

I bet this is how it happened too. Ye never turned off ye're phones properly. Are ye happy now? ARE YE?

My skills for apportioning blame in a crisis are legendary (even if it was my fault. The Blamestormer should be my new username).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Start singing.

"Gory Glory, what a helluva way to die!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mobile phones don't interfere with any instruments on planes.

The reason they are still banned is 2 fold though

1- The airline makes a fortune on their own phone system on some planes

and

2- There could be a malfunction on a variation of phone that could possibly mess something up. But as it would cost so much to test EVERY phone, every version of that phone and nowadays every version of andoid, windows or ios they err on the side of caution and have a blanket ban.

But in fairness when you are at 30000ft+ up there is little or no chance of actually picking up a signal toactually make a call.

although as you are plummeting your signal will improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

People, only one thing to do in situations like this, and that is update your Facebook status .........:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Press the red button. Industry secret.;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

the_pits wrote: »
    People, only one thing to do in situations like this, and that is update your Facebook status .........:D

Ronald Spunkfelcher

Is about to die in an air crash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

20 mins over that particular area is more than enough to make a successful emergency landing at a well equipped airport.

Yours.

Buzz Killington.

Not without a tail rudder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

faceman wrote: »
    I'd probably scream and cry like baby for 5 minutes in the hope that someone would knock me out and therefore I would die in my sleep.

None of that hardman stuff for me!

Identity confusion?? You're sounding like your side-kick, the big fella with the jewellery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭thomasj

try and mend the plane

"You have 20 inches of sticky tape left, god bless you!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Is the girl I'm secretly in love with on the plane as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Anyone seen "The Grey" ?

Scary and awesome simultaneously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Actually scratch that:

THIS:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

No your sister is not there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Yes, but not for long :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

find the black box and sit on it - cos they always find the black box from planes ......don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Open the door and die of hypoxia.
    Doesn't seem too bad after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTNX6mr753w

Euphoria? Yes please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Stick in some earphones playing some epic music, briefly look back on my life and bid farewell to the whole rotten lot of it !!

In all honesty, Id blare music, eyes closed, rock back and forth and pray!

Thats what I do whenever I fly ( I wish I was joking )

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kizzabel

syndeyfife wrote: »
    In all honesty, Id blare music, eyes closed, rock back and forth and pray!

Thats what I do whenever I fly ( I wish I was joking )

Have you not met my friend? Valium.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

kizzabel wrote: »

Given the circumstances the terrified passengers on the doomed airplane would be in, I think cyanide would a much better bet than valium.

The cabin crew could hand out the cyanide pills to the passengers whilst wearing V is for Vendetta masks.

The captain could announce:

"Ladies and gentlemen, have a nice death"

kizzabel wrote: »

I travel with a 2 year old so not always an option.

Last year my parents were on the plane with us so i took a tablet the doctor gave me, and it did absolutely nothing.

This year Ill be flying there and back just me and my son. Thats if I actually manage to get onto the death trap!

I travel with a 2 year old so not always an option.

Last year my parents were on the plane with us so i took a tablet the doctor gave me, and it did absolutely nothing.

This year Ill be flying there and back just me and my son. Thats if I actually manage to get onto the death trap!

I love flying because its one of the few times in life where you can relinquish all control to someone who is competent in what they are doing.

Its crossing the zebra crossing at the far side is what scares me because I'm not as confident in my own ability to keep myself alive as I am of the pilots. Pilots will do a better job of flying planes than I can do of wiping my own arse. Flying is one of the safer parts of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

LordSmeg wrote: »
    I love flying because its one of the few times in life where you can relinquish all control to someone who is competent in what they are doing.

Its crossing the zebra crossing at the far side is what scares me because I'm not as confident in my own ability to keep myself alive as I am of the pilots. Pilots will do a better job of flying planes than I can do of wiping my own arse. Flying is one of the safer parts of life.

There are many who would disagree with you if they were alive.

There are many who would disagree with you if they were alive.

There is probably many people who if alive would warn us of the dangers of pencils too. People die in all manner of ways but dying in plane crashes isnt up there on the list of those you need to worry about.

• Advertisement

There is probably many people who if alive would warn us of the dangers of pencils too. People die in all manner of ways but dying in plane crashes isnt up there on the list of those you need to worry about.

Unfortunately I do and as a result I won't get to see the world. Couldn't even get on the plane the last time.

Unfortunately I do and as a result I won't get to see the world. Couldn't even get on the plane the last time.

Dont envy you on that one, I was nervous on my first flight but only because I didnt know what to expect. Once things were under way I realised it was no more scary than a bus just a hell of a lot cooler.

Dont envy you on that one, I was nervous on my first flight but only because I didnt know what to expect. Once things were under way I realised it was no more scary than a bus just a hell of a lot cooler.

But any bus Ive been on has been on the ground!

Thats why the plane is cooler, but its the same thing really. Sitting there trying to occupy yourself until ya get where your going.

Airbus ?

Advertisement