Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iCloud Question

• 01-08-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

I am trying to get the photos from my phone to my laptop, so far it has taken 2 hrs to get 150 pics from the Photostream folder only. Can I not just empty the whole lot? It only gives me the photostream option and I have 2000+ pics on the other folder. Need to clear some space on the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

WhimSock wrote: »
    I am trying to get the photos from my phone to my laptop, so far it has taken 2 hrs to get 150 pics from the Photostream folder only. Can I not just empty the whole lot? It only gives me the photostream option and I have 2000+ pics on the other folder. Need to clear some space on the phone.

Why not Just use the classic USB method?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

Thats actually what i was doing, i dont even think it's going through the cloud now. It won't open the folders though when you plug it in and the window pops up, the files are empty. Its odd. But i am managing to only slowly get the photos from the Stream folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

You should also install the DropBox app - and link you camera roll.
    Another backup of your photos - will sych automatically when you charge your iphone via usb if you have the Mac/Windows application installed also.

Having the dropbox app - you can clear down your camera roll - but still have access to them via dropbox (if that makes sense)

Dropbox give you up to 3GB extra storage if you link your camera roll to the app.

Use this link to sign-up to get more extra space
    http://db.tt/vfZat4xY

WhimSock wrote: »
    Thats actually what i was doing, i dont even think it's going through the cloud now. It won't open the folders though when you plug it in and the window pops up, the files are empty. Its odd. But i am managing to only slowly get the photos from the Stream folder.

I don't understand: if you are importing photos from your device by USB or to wifi to iPhoto, then this has nothing to do with iCloud.

Photostream is to do with iCloud on the other hand but it only works under certain conditions and also has a limit to how many photos it contains, 1,000, I believe. These are constantly overwritten as you add to that.

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Another backup of your photos - will sych automatically when you charge your iphone via usb if you have the Mac/Windows application installed also.

Having the dropbox app - you can clear down your camera roll - but still have access to them via dropbox (if that makes sense)

Dropbox give you up to 3GB extra storage if you link your camera roll to the app.

This is good advice. You can also use Google+ to privately back up your photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Have you got iCloud on your laptop?

Get it here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

keith_d99 wrote: »

I second the Dropbox app for photos. Does it automatically every time its connected via USB so you dont have to do a thing for them to sync. Works very well.

Advertisement