Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new york red bulls v tottenham hotspur

• 01-08-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this one?

Good game so far. New York are 1 up after a penalty in the 8th minute.

Tim Cahill is making his debut for New York tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Great to hear gareth bale is playing after his traumatic incident with charlie adam a few days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Great to hear gareth bale is playing after his traumatic incident with charlie adam a few days ago

What happened there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

timmy wins a penalty v spurs on day pienaar signs for everton.

Avb now playing bale as a forward lol they are light up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Gareth Bale is turning into a wannabe Ronaldo
    the new hairstyle playing upfront & taking Free Kicks the exact same way as him

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

dirty little kick by BAE on Cahill there, should have been a card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gareth Bale is turning into a wannabe Ronaldo
    the new hairstyle playing upfront & taking Free Kicks the exact same way as him

I guess if you're gonna try to emulate someone, aim high..

Adams "tackle" on Bale for you Samich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I dont get why Bale would change the way he takes free kicks. When he was coming through at Soton he was one of the best free kick takers ive seen

Is he wearing no.9?
    What is he doing wearing that number?!

I dont get why Bale would change the way he takes free kicks. When he was coming through at Soton he was one of the best free kick takers ive seen

I think he is just trying things in a game situation where there isnt much really at stake. Tonight is the first time I saw him take one like that.

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    Is he wearing no.9?
    What is he doing wearing that number?!

He is no longer a defensive player and there is no chance of Adebayor wanting it so why not

kakee wrote: »
    He is no longer a defensive player and there is no chance of Adebayor wanting it so why not

9 is for a goalscorer. He has big notions of himself it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

i doubt he demanded the number 9 jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The New York Red Bulls lead the Tottenham Hotspurs....jesus christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

kakee wrote: »
    I think he is just trying things in a game situation where there isnt much really at stake. Tonight is the first time I saw him take one like that.

Still. The way he was banging em in im surprised to have not seen more of it in Spurs colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Charlie Adam just threw the remote at the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Savage goal by Sigurdsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I hadnt seen Adam's tackle on Bale before now, but it was quite nasty. I think cowardly was a pretty accurate word. When you get a tackle like that from a player who's just lazy not to continue running after you and does that, that's one of the most annoying way to be tackled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was a super standard poor tackle. The fuss being made by Bale and AVB is cringeworthy.

It was a super standard poor tackle. The fuss being made by Bale and AVB is cringeworthy.

Did look sore tbh, could have torn ligaments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Did look sore tbh, could have torn ligaments.

He played the rest of the half and is playing tonight, seems unlikely he has torn his ligaments? Lots of tackles are sore, it's a contact sport. Maybe Bale should switch to Basketball.

He played the rest of the half and is playing tonight, seems unlikely he has torn his ligaments? Lots of tackles are sore, it's a contact sport. Maybe Bale should switch to Basketball.

Considering it's pre season and it's all about fitness there was no need for such a lazy tackle. Could have torn ligaments and he could have been out for 8+ weeks. Luckily for him he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Considering it's pre season and it's all about fitness there was no need for such a lazy tackle. Could have torn ligaments and he could have been out for 8+ weeks. Luckily for him he didn't.
    That sort of tackle happens every day of every week. I don't know why you are going on about it like it was crude or something. It was lazy and thats all there is to know about it. No big deal at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What a screamer from Gylfi.

Will he start any of the games next season? He's way too good a player to be sitting on the bench.

He has to start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

event wrote: »
    i doubt he demanded the number 9 jersey.

Still shouldn't have it. Not quite as bad as when Boulahrouz had Chelsea's but it's a striker's number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

eagle eye wrote: »
    That sort of tackle happens every day of every week. I don't know why you are going on about it like it was crude or something. It was lazy and thats all there is to know about it. No big deal at all.

Happening every day of the week doesn't make it any less nasty. It was crude too and lazy tackle can sometimes be the worst because you just go for the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Still shouldn't have it. Not quite as bad as when Boulahrouz had Chelsea's but it's a striker's number.

yeah but he was wearing 3.
    maybe he requested a more attacking number. 7, 8, 14 are all gone. 9 and 10 are available, so he was given one of those.
    id say by the new season he'll be wearing 14 (if modric is gone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cracking goal from Se-GuUrrRRRrrRRdd son. :p Gotta love the Americans.

Regarding the Adam tackle, it was a bad tackle. It was especially bad for a friendly. If I was AVB I would be livid with Adam.

However Bale's comments are absurd. The nerve of that man to accuse somebody else of being a "coward" when he goes out to cheat and dive every match. I'll tell you what Gareth, when you go 90 minutes without diving......you can start having a go at other professionals. I suppose it's brave to dive than, ye?

Plonker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I agree that Bale's comments on Adams were stupid, though i can understand him being pretty pissed at Adams considering he did rule him out for over 3 months with the horrible tackle last year.

As for the shirt number...who ****ing cares? Having 9 is better for someone in Bale's position then 3 is.

Great goal by Sigurdsson though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Kiith wrote: »
    I agree that Bale's comments on Adams were stupid, though i can understand him being pretty pissed at Adams considering he did rule him out for over 3 months with the horrible tackle last year.

As for the shirt number...who ****ing cares? Having 9 is better for someone in Bale's position then 3 is.

Great goal by Sigurdsson though.

I don't see how it is, unless he plays up front for the season. Personally, I don't think he'll ever be effective enough to play up there. I think he should stick to being an out and out winger. At that he's one of the best in the world. His main asset is his pace, and that'd be wasted if he was playing in a more central role. Leave that position to Gylfi, he's far better.

They need to dip into the market to sign a forward. That Adebayor deal should have been sorted but you can never tell with him. He could end up back at Arsenal. He's unpredictable.

Starting with Defoe as the only really recognised striker is asking for trouble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I absolutely agree with you about Bale's position. I hate seeing him in the middle all the time. But if you only play one striker, and he's number 10, then 9 is a perfectly suitable number for an attacking left winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Has 9 been confirmed as his Number for the season ?

You used to see loads of people with different numbers during Pre season . I remember Darren Fletcher was no. 7 one year for united .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Has 9 been confirmed as his Number for the season ?

You used to see loads of people with different numbers during Pre season . I remember Darren Fletcher was no. 7 one year for united .

Spurs numbers not official until the week before season starts. The other players did seem to have their regular numbers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Are ye serious about the number? Ye'd want to get a grip. Players wearing 99 these days. Who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

It's ADAM ffs! ADAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

hefferboi wrote: »
    Are ye serious about the number? Ye'd want to get a grip. Players wearing 99 these days. Who cares.

It's Bale. He's quite good you know so some will take the chance to slag him off over his ears or his squad number.

Advertisement