Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Adverts

Options
  • 01-08-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Im wanting to find something out. I really feel im getting nowhere with the moderator im dealing with over my infraction in airsoft adverts. The said infraction is I was after agreeing a deal on the thread and posted 'move to pm's?'. Question not a statement. I expected a simple yes deal move to pm's or no. The other person involved did not reply on the thread but sent a pm to me to make arrangements. Now it must be known that it was the other person's first dealing on boards. We agreed terms and everything was sorted but I noticed the thread was still getting offers so I posted 'sale agreed', a method I saw as to keep everything above board. Since the confusion and subsequent ban, the other person apologized on the thread and directly to me. I since got a ban handed to me for the other persons mistake and now the thread is also deleted. It was a genuine mistake that I did not report the infraction, as the moderator has said to me since. My first mistake on boards. I was issued no warning or caution which is, from what I can see, common practice. This in itself feels particularly harsh as im very familiar with boards and the so called infraction is widespread. I hope ive explained well enough to understand my predicament. I feel this is unfair and over the top and id like some sort of solution to come from it. Cheers, Paddy

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that you have no "infractions" on your boards.ie record. You do have a recent 1-week ban from Airsoft.

Please advise if you have exchanged PM's with the mod specifically regarding your 1-week Airsoft ban, which is the first stage of this dispute resolution process. If not, please do so.

If you have exchanged PMs with the mod regarding your ban, would you please forward copies of those PM's to me by PM? Please don't post PMs to this thread, unless asked to do so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

A mutual understanding has been reached through the helpful and cooperative exchange of PMs between both parties to this DRP (Mod DeBurca and poster fox44), and this matter has been resolved. Sincere thanks to fox44 and DeBurca.

REQUEST TO ADMIN:

Please close this thread and mark it resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement