Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Cream

Options
  • 01-08-2012 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a way which you can keep Ice cream soft. I mean ice cream in a tub. When you buy it and first open the tub and try and scoop it out it is soft and easy to get out of the tub.

Put the lid back on the tub and place back in the freezer and a few days later if you take it out it won't be scooped out as easily.

Does this have something to do with the tub being airtight and then once opened can't be returned or kept in it's original softiness?

Is it possible to keep the contents of the tub from going solid so that it has to be left out for ages before scooping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I would say that is just to do with different freezers, the ones in the shops I imagine are not at the same temperature as home freezers, maybe because of the constant opening.

Advertisement