If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax Foxsat

Options
  • 01-08-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Richersounds,

Just wondering do you have the Humax Foxsat HDR500 in stock?

Think this is the unit..
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr500/huma-foxsat-hdr-500g

If in stock, what is price of unit, delivery charge to limerick and potential cost of the 5 year insurance?

Am also looking for an ahem, "nice" small TV. Am thinking, LED LCD, Full HD (does this even make a difference in TVs below 32"?) Size 23"-26", saorview approved, ideally with both a saorview tuner and saorview HD tuner.

Any further advice on tv etc, much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Fozzyb

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

fozzyb wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds,

Just wondering do you have the Humax Foxsat HDR500 in stock?

Think this is the unit..
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr500/huma-foxsat-hdr-500g

If in stock, what is price of unit, delivery charge to limerick and potential cost of the 5 year insurance?

Am also looking for an ahem, "nice" small TV. Am thinking, LED LCD, Full HD (does this even make a difference in TVs below 32"?) Size 23"-26", saorview approved, ideally with both a saorview tuner and saorview HD tuner.

Any further advice on tv etc, much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Fozzyb

Hi FozzyB and thanks for the post,

The Humax is currently £209.95 but as stock is tight at the moment we are not shipping it (just at the moment but I expect this situation will change again)

We do ship the Samsung SMTS7800 which is £169.95

showimage.php?image=308628.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

On the TV front have a look at the LG 26CS460 - it's excellent value at just £229.95.

If yo are looking for something smaller but high quality we have the LG M2452 at £219.95 and the LG M2762 (this is a really nice TV) at £239.95

If you want to head way upmarket - I'd recommend the Sammy T27A750 at £369.95 - this looks spanking and has all the bells n whistles - It's smart with DLNA, Full HD and LED..

Thanks and as ever keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fozzyb

Hi FozzyB and thanks for the post,

The Humax is currently £209.95 but as stock is tight at the moment we are not shipping it (just at the moment but I expect this situation will change again)

We do ship the Samsung SMTS7800 which is £169.95

showimage.php?image=308628.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

On the TV front have a look at the LG 26CS460 - it's excellent value at just £229.95.

If yo are looking for something smaller but high quality we have the LG M2452 at £219.95 and the LG M2762 (this is a really nice TV) at £239.95

If you want to head way upmarket - I'd recommend the Sammy T27A750 at £369.95 - this looks spanking and has all the bells n whistles - It's smart with DLNA, Full HD and LED..

Thanks and as ever keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John Mc,

Many thanks for the response. Would ideally prefer the Humax, how long do you think before you have more stock in? Or would it make a difference if I took a trip up to you guys to collect?

Also re the TVs. the sammy looks gorgeous, just one question, the specs say it has both freeview standard tuner and HD tuner, but does it also have Saorview standard and HD tuner built in?

Again, thanks in advance :)
    FozzyB

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

fozzyb wrote: »
    Hi John Mc,

Many thanks for the response. Would ideally prefer the Humax, how long do you think before you have more stock in? Or would it make a difference if I took a trip up to you guys to collect?

Also re the TVs. the sammy looks gorgeous, just one question, the specs say it has both freeview standard tuner and HD tuner, but does it also have Saorview standard and HD tuner built in?

Again, thanks in advance :)
    FozzyB

Fozzy,

I am hoping that stock will free up on the Humax over the next copule of weeks so if you hold your fire I hope to have some positive news shortly.

On the T27A750 Sammy - yep, it's a beautiful set - it's Freeview HD but I've just checked and it's not officially Saorview Approved - as it's FV HD it will receive Saorview HD & SD but I'm not sure if it will have the digital text - if you wanted to take one and try it - I've no problem taking it back and paying the return shipping if it's not perfect for you whilst you check it out for us (unpaid labour, Great ;))

Thanks as ever,

Keep me posted,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.