Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Validity of police cert for 176 visa?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Will be submitting for 176 soon and just wanted to get some info regarding the police cert. I was issued mine on January 2012 and brought it over with me on my whv. Im sure the garda said it was valid for 12 mths but cant be sure.
    If its valid for 12 mths im fine but if its 6 mths i will have to get another one.
    Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

zweton wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Will be submitting for 176 soon and just wanted to get some info regarding the police cert. I was issued mine on January 2012 and brought it over with me on my whv. Im sure the garda said it was valid for 12 mths but cant be sure.
    If its valid for 12 mths im fine but if its 6 mths i will have to get another one.
    Anyone any ideas?

Have you lived here since jan 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

No, March.

You might require an Australian national police certificate. You're an Irish one should be fine because you have not lived in Ireland since you got it

Zambia wrote: »
    You might require an Australian national police certificate. You're an Irish one should be fine because you have not lived in Ireland since you got it

As well as the irish one? I did live in Ireland after it was issued, i didnt go to Auz til March.

It depends on their requirements like I said they may want one. just to cover the period from March to August.

Chances are they wont be to concerned about Jan to March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You can't submit a 176 as of 1st July they technically don't exist anymore and DIAC wont accept the application, you have to register an EOI (Expression of Interest) and then if you are invited you can then maybe apply for a subclass 190 which is the replacement for 176.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/

Zambia wrote: »
    It depends on their requirements like I said they may want one. just to cover the period from March to August.

Chances are they wont be to concerned about Jan to March

Ok cheers.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    You can't submit a 176 as of 1st July they technically don't exist anymore and DIAC wont accept the application, you have to register an EOI (Expression of Interest) and then if you are invited you can then maybe apply for a subclass 190 which is the replacement for 176.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/

Ya sorry meant 190.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Ya sorry meant 190.

Why don't you go for a 175 Visa (new 189) as don't you would still need to leave the country to be granted even when its state sponsored?

s.c wrote: »
    Why don't you go for a 175 Visa (new 189) as don't you would still need to leave the country to be granted even when its state sponsored?

Not anymore as of July 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

189 & 190 can be offshore or onshore.

Not anymore as of July 1st.

Yes just after looking at it now. It seems you can be in Australia when visa is granted unlike the previous respective visa. The 189 is the same. Would you not be better off going for the 189 and not being tied to a state?

Takes too long, 190 coming through much faster.

Takes too long, 190 coming through much faster.

Just going from my own experience, I applied for a 175 visa, while onshore, at the end of March this year, and I got my Pre Grant Letter 2 days ago. Thats a turn around of a few days over 4 months and in that we had a 3 week to a month delay with one of the medicals.

s.c wrote: »
    Just going from my own experience, I applied for a 175 visa, while onshore, at the end of March this year, and I got my Pre Grant Letter 2 days ago. Thats a turn around of a few days over 4 months and in that we had a 3 week to a month delay with one of the medicals.

Wow thats good going, what did the medical cost you and where did you get it done? Pretty straight forward is it?

Wow thats good going, what did the medical cost you and where did you get it done? Pretty straight forward is it?

Ya very surprise it came through so quick. Going home at Christmas so it works out well.

Medical cost $317 and was very straight forward. Done it with Medibank on Victoria Parade in Melbourne. First up was check weight and height and eye test. Then urine test, then blood test. Then you see a doctor who examines you, they also have result of urine test. Then its a chest x ray.

I was booked in for a 4pm appointment and got through in about 45min or so. My missues went at around 11am and was there for about 2 hours. It seems the later appointments are quicker as they are the last of the day.

Nice one, did you wait for your case officer to ask for meds and police cert before submitting?

Nice one, did you wait for your case officer to ask for meds and police cert before submitting?

Yap case office asked for medical and police clearances at end of May. Thats when we went about organising them. This was the only additional information they requested. I had given very limited information about my employment history and experience and this was never questioned.

When do you actually pay for the visa? Is it before you get assigned a case officer, i always think they could refuse you after you pay and cant get money back. Hopefully that wont happen:D

Advertisement