Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hein Gericke in Administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Seems they are not doing too well.
    Shame, its another choice less for us here.

Balls. I liked their stuff, so even less choice now....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

That is a kick in the teeth TBH, the stuff they have in general is not that cheap but they did have a great selection of stuff in NEWRY especially Helmets.....

Hopefully they can work it out....no wonder it took 5 weeks to send gear ordered to a chap off here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    That is a kick in the teeth TBH, the stuff they have in general is not that cheap but they did have a great selection of stuff in NEWRY especially Helmets.....

Hopefully they can work it out....no wonder it took 5 weeks to send gear ordered to a chap off here!!!

Jaysus, looks like mine arrived just in time. Hopefully they get sorted out. The gear is good so far.

Yeah, can you imagine the **** you would have to go through mate.....good stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I went and grabbed me a bargain :)

IMG_20120801_162409.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I went and grabbed me a bargain :)

IMG_20120801_162409.jpg

Oh, look! You bought a door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Is there much left? is it worth a spin up to Newry this evening?

Is there much left? is it worth a spin up to Newry this evening?

Well I went to HG Norwich but there seemed to be the same amount of stock as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Well I went to HG Norwich but there seemed to be the same amount of stock as usual.

What kind of discount did you get?

What kind of discount did you get?

20% which amounted to £95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Bought stuff as well when in the UK, was worried as it took ages to arrive. The german stores are still operating so hopefully someone will buy the UK branches

Join Ireland Weather Network

Hope its true....it was a great shop and its always nice to have variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Latest news:
    The successful bid of the German Hein Gericke Group has seen the company come out of administration as of Saturday 8th September, with a commitment to retaining 16 of the original UK stores in the following locations:

Manchester, Stockwell, Southampton, Edinburgh, Farnborough, Gants Hill, Glasgow, Belfast, Maidstone, Preston, Leicester, Braintree, Aberdeen, Hanger Lane, Oxford and Chiswick

No mention of the Newry shop though!

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Latest news:
    The successful bid of the German Hein Gericke Group has seen the company come out of administration as of Saturday 8th September, with a commitment to retaining 16 of the original UK stores in the following locations:

Manchester, Stockwell, Southampton, Edinburgh, Farnborough, Gants Hill, Glasgow, Belfast, Maidstone, Preston, Leicester, Braintree, Aberdeen, Hanger Lane, Oxford and Chiswick

No mention of the Newry shop though!

Linky

I suppose Belfast is better than nothing, and it's not that much further up the road than Newry.

All the HEIN GERICKE shops in the UK and Ireland are franchise stores so they had gone bust. HG Germany are still going strong and bought the best stores and ditched the ones that were not making enough DOE RAE ME's!!!

Shame Newry is gona alright coz it was handy to pop into both Crossans and HG Newry when up in either.

Advertisement