Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hulu Plus on Apple TV

• 01-08-2012 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

This is my first post so be nice. I noticed last night that I was able to acces Hulu plus through my Apple TV using my US Itunes Login. Has anyone any experience with Hulu, is it worth the subscription each month over lets say Netflix. If this post is in the wrong place please feel free to move:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thegarlad wrote: »
    This is my first post so be nice. I noticed last night that I was able to acces Hulu plus through my Apple TV using my US Itunes Login. Has anyone any experience with Hulu, is it worth the subscription each month over lets say Netflix. If this post is in the wrong place please feel free to move:)

You need a US credit card to subscribe to Hulu plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Thegarlad

It looks as though accessing Hulu through the Apple TV lets you subscribe using your Itunes credit, therefore bypassing the need for a US Credit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It looks as though accessing Hulu through the Apple TV lets you subscribe using your Itunes credit, therefore bypassing the need for a US Credit card

Is it worth subscribing to?

Hulu give you a weeks free trial and then they start charging you unless your Unsubscribe yourself. It looks like a great addition to the Apple TV and another thing is that a VPN is not required to access the content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Cool I must check it out.

Movies are now in the cloud for apple tv as well now. I bought blu rays with digital downloads and there showing up. Quite cool and a nice bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

I accessed this last night through a US iTunes account, and a DNS address change that I also use for Netflix. However tried it today and it recognised that I'm not from the US and wouldnt play the content. Any ideas what might have changed?

It looks as though Hulu and Apple have closed that loophole....

It looks as though Hulu and Apple have closed that loophole....

Strange since Netflix is still working, seems strange that they go to such lengths just for Hulu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cool I must check it out.

Movies are now in the cloud for apple tv as well now. I bought blu rays with digital downloads and there showing up. Quite cool and a nice bonus.

Sorry can you explain this? I have some digital copies which I downloaded on my Mac and which then show up on ATV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

akadesign wrote: »
    I accessed this last night through a US iTunes account, and a DNS address change that I also use for Netflix. However tried it today and it recognised that I'm not from the US and wouldnt play the content. Any ideas what might have changed?

Did you set your location as US in settings? I accessed it by doing that and going into my US iTunes a/c -no VPN was necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

adox wrote: »
    Sorry can you explain this? I have some digital copies which I downloaded on my Mac and which then show up on ATV.

Movies are in the cloud now and can be redownloaded like music and apps can be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

can,t all jailbroken apple tv,s get hulu anyway?? it,s not great tbh i find navi-x much better

culabula wrote: »
    Did you set your location as US in settings? I accessed it by doing that and going into my US iTunes a/c -no VPN was necessary.

Culabula, yes I had it set to US etc. Seems it only lasted a little while there is now a geo-block in place.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/08/01/you-can-watch-hulu-plus-on-apple-tv-in-any-country-as-long-as-you-have-a-u-s-itunes-account/

Advertisement