Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 21) August 3-4 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Week 21. Please refer to Week 20 if you want to continue the Shels and Cork casuals chronicles.:pac:

Pretty much essential for rovers to continue the improvement and get a result in Belfield as time is running out to push Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pity Sligo V Drogs isn't being shown on TV.... AFAIK anyway. Easily the pick of the fixtures this week. Would love a Drogheda win to keep things very interesting at the top.

As for Bohs, this is surely a game they should be looking to win. Back to back wins against UCD and Dundalk and need to keep that momentum up for a very tough run in coming into the 3rd series of games.

Hopefully Dinny will be back up front come Friday or at least get some minutes under his belt. Looking very light up front and don't really have a plan b as it stands with makeshift strikers leading the line.

Defence will need to be on it's toes though. Keep Jason Byrne quiet and they should be ok... I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Massive game down in Limerick in the first division.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Hopefully another 3 points. Bray didn't have a league game last week so they'll be fresh and prepared.

Would stick with the same 11 from Friday except if Dinny's fit bring him in for Wilson!

Good to see that Casa Rebelde are also selling tickets to our games :)

Hopefully there'll be a few German visitors to our game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Somehow I see a draw between Dundalk and CCFC this weekend. Doing a lot of those lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Hopefully we can finally win a match this weekend against Dundalk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Weekend off, so 4:0 to Bray please. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Oh dear God Town please win agin Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

huge game for us in limerick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Another fecking Draw for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Horrible wet day, not sure if will make the ucd match. Prob will tho, could be fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

That_Guy wrote: »
    Pity Sligo V Drogs isn't being shown on TV.... AFAIK anyway. Easily the pick of the fixtures this week. Would love a Drogheda win to keep things very interesting at the top.

As for Bohs, this is surely a game they should be looking to win. Back to back wins against UCD and Dundalk and need to keep that momentum up for a very tough run in coming into the 3rd series of games.

Hopefully Dinny will be back up front come Friday or at least get some minutes under his belt. Looking very light up front and don't really have a plan b as it stands with makeshift strikers leading the line.

Defence will need to be on it's toes though. Keep Jason Byrne quiet and they should be ok... I hope.
    no thanks!! this is only are third home game at our regular time on a saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Full times.

Bohs 0-0 Bray

Dundalk 1-1 Cork

UCD 0-2 Shamrock Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted bray got a point, how was the match overall?

Tonight was the first time ucd looked like a really bad team. Bar the one easy chance, they were outplayed all over the pitch. Was 2-0 going on 5 really. Cant see them getting enough points to stay up now.

Another draw! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BKC wrote: »
    Another draw! :rolleyes:

More than half our games have been draws, 10 out of 19, joke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hopefully it's only a knock for Sullivan..

Encouraging performance: Hawkins excellent, Finn good in the first half, Stewart made a huge positive difference compared to Kavanagh, McCabe was tricky.

Season started to fall apart in the corresponding home fixtures, hopefully it starts changing again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Weird not having a match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »

Encouraging performance: Hawkins excellent, Finn good in the first half, Stewart made a huge positive difference compared to Kavanagh, McCabe was tricky.

Season started to fall apart in the corresponding home fixtures, hopefully it starts changing again

If sligo dont win morrow league is in the bag.....

Think it should have been a rout tonight

League probably gone for us but tonight was promising. We've tightened up at the back big time: Sives and Sully responsible for that but Oscar also starting to look like a real keeper. Deadly to have 6 points in the bag vs Sligo vs Pats and Sligo vs Drogheda plus we meet Sligo Monday week. They don't get 3 points from us there and I can see major jitters.

That said, I think the league is beyond us but it's good to see us playing like a team again and still in FAI cup and in the league cuo semi: both of which I would love us to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dfx- wrote: »

Hawkins was playing!!!! :eek::eek:

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hawkins was playing!!!! :eek::eek:

Fair play to him. Super pro - on the pitch at least.

Played through a fitness test in Tallaght because we were short-handed and insisted on playing last 15 minutes in Derry with cracked ribs that almost led to a collapsed lung.

Any supporter of any club would get behind that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

stovelid wrote: »
    That said, I think the league is beyond us but it's good to see us playing like a team again and still in FAI cup and in the league cuo semi: both of which I would love us to win.

Not when you look at fixtures it isnt.

Ideally tomorrow night is a draw, and the game in hand pats and sligo have is against eachother, meaning that we could well be back in it.

We're not good enough, but teams around us are looking just as shaky. Sligo have just taken a big knock with North gone, and Pats about to lose a player or two before the transfer window apparently.

Should make for a very close title rush.

On an unrelated note, as much as Id love to see Drogs win the league (if we dont), I really wouldnt want three brennans to pick up a medal.

Ebbs wrote: »
    We're not good enough, but teams around us are looking just as shaky. Sligo have just taken a big knock with North gone, and Pats about to lose a player or two before the transfer window apparently.

Not leaving until end of our season but dunno if Reading will stick to that deal.

Fagan Forrester, everyone getting paid :( no chance we will replace either :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not leaving until end of our season but dunno if Reading will stick to that deal.

Fagan Forrester, everyone getting paid :( no chance we will replace either :(

Ah heard mixed reports. Same as when Enda signed for Villa.

We only played him sporadically after that, mostly in Europe as per agreement I believe.

Trivia: Enda has played 4 out of 5 Villa preseason games, I think 2 starts and came on twice, but has got more minutes than most.

Faherty and ANother seems to be the replacements. i heard who AN other is and laughed :D

In Bucko we trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ah heard mixed reports. Same as when Enda signed for Villa.

We only played him sporadically after that, mostly in Europe as per agreement I believe.

Trivia: Enda has played 4 out of 5 Villa preseason games, I think 2 starts and came on twice, but has got more minutes than most.

Pretty much every senior player available has played about the same number of pre season games as Stevens. Won't be first choice, and doubtful he'll be second choice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

ok result in limerick,hopefully we have come out of our slump and can push and win the league!ltfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Can't wait for the Sligo Rovers v Drogs game tonight. I think Drogheda will cause a lot of problems.

So far the best team I have seen in the Showgrounds this year were Pats by a mile. So will be interesting to see if Drogs surpass Pats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Weird not having a match...
    Kinda like last year.

I actually made myself hotdogs last night - pure coincidence.

Quigley puts Sligo 1-0 up after 10 minutes.

BKC wrote: »
    Quigley puts Sligo 1-0 up after 10 minutes.

3-0 now.

Boco and Conneely.

Hynes pulls one back for Drogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

FT

4-1

Impressive stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

FT

4-1

Impressive stuff.
    Best I've seen us all season , Boco. Cawley and Ndo all top class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Best game of the season for us. Fantastic isn't the word to describe tonight! A nice bit of rain made the surface perfect for the game and we dominated. I think their goal after 70(?) minutes was their first shot on target!

I hope Boco stays and keeps up his recent form, he was great again tonight and Pascal caused a lot of problems, he's class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That puts Drogheda back in their place a bit. There was title talk there for a while. Great seeing them up there though. I really do hope they can maintain form.

Some win for Sligo though! Fantastic scoreline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Thought Rovers were class last night, they played great football. The wet surface definitely helps. Crowd in good voice too.

Even the Drogs fans never stopped singing, I have to say fair play to them coming down to Sligo on a miserable night in good numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

monkey9 wrote: »
    That puts Drogheda back in their place a bit. There was title talk there for a while. Great seeing them up there though. I really do hope they can maintain form.

Some win for Sligo though! Fantastic scoreline.

What you mean it puts us back in our place ? There was no title talk from anyone connected to drogheda apart from a silly interview with alan Byrne in fridays newspaper . We have by far surpassed expectation at the beginning of the season . We are gonna battle hard for a european spot and a league cup final would be great . I hope sligo go and win it tbh but i get the impression alot of the support is getting a bit cocky ! Id be wary of that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What you mean it puts us back in our place ? There was no title talk from anyone connected to drogheda apart from a silly interview with alan Byrne in fridays newspaper . We have by far surpassed expectation at the beginning of the season . We are gonna battle hard for a european spot and a league cup final would be great . I hope sligo go and win it tbh but i get the impression alot of the support is getting a bit cocky ! Id be wary of that .

You said this only last week :confused:

Is that not what we are doing already ? No doubt his injury is a good thing for us but have to go and win games regardless . 6 on the trot now so showing signs of consistency . Sligo next weekend is a massive one for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

but i get the impression alot of the support is getting a bit cocky ! Id be wary of that .

In fairness they've been like that for the past few seasons. At least there is some merit to it this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

city.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

^

Could've been anyone..not seeing what it has to do with LOI..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Almost certainly an EPL fan, not sure what it has to do in a LOI fixtures thread.

bohsman wrote: »
    Almost certainly an EPL fan, not sure what it has to do in a LOI fixtures thread.

Seriously? :L It has nothing to do with football, could have been anyone... doesnt matter what league he supports. Can LoI fans not be racist too? Im all for defending the league but its just some attention seeking racist, nothing more.

On the plus side, first time ive heard of "exotic" fruit making it's way to limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Seriously? :L It has nothing to do with football, could have been anyone... doesnt matter what league he supports. Can LoI fans not be racist too? Im all for defending the league but its just some attention seeking racist, nothing more.

On the plus side, first time ive heard of "exotic" fruit making it's way to limerick.

More the fact that the crowd would have been 95%+ EPL fans.

I think he's trying to say more that it's to do with the inherent racist evil of dirty neo-tans that follow the disgusting garrison game.

Because obviously it is not an issue in other codes.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/wexford-gaa-to-probe-new-racism-claims-198649.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

SantryRed wrote: »
    You said this only last week :confused:

I said we are mounting a challenge ? So what , the vast majority of drogs support and management have said all along a euro spot would be a great season and nobody is talking about a league title . We certainly dont need putting back in our box etc as we know fine well we wont be winning it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

269748_10152000699955858_823720897_n.jpg

:pac::pac: can they try any harder? its funny..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

shanec1928 wrote: »
    269748_10152000699955858_823720897_n.jpg

:pac::pac: can they try any harder? its funny..

Shamrock Rovers in trying to drum up interest and promote a match shocker.

Yeah of course it's much better to do what the other clubs do when matches are moved to be shown on TV i.e. do nothing to promote the games and then complain that televised games are ruining attendances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement