Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing/ Midwifery inspiration

Options
  • 01-08-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am looking into doing a plc in pre nursing this september and hopefully enter a course in general nursing or midwifery next year through that! Having recently been in and out of hospital following a miscarriage I have a weird interest to study in this area. The work and care the nurses and midwives gave me was phenomenal and it got me thinking that I would like a career that is so rewarding. Is this a strange way to be inspired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭chanste

Not at all. I've met many people now who had signed up to their chosen health course because of there own personal experience as a patient. It's a credit to the people who took care of you that you would want to do the same.

I also want to mention that my wife is studying midwifery and she absolutely loves it.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Advertisement