Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to change from monthly mortgage to fortnightly - anyone done it with AIB?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭

I have the usual monthly payment with AIB, and would like the idea of paying fortnightly instead.

Anyone got any idea of how easy this is to organise with AIB?

Would you advise contacting my local branch or their mortgage centre in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I done it with Bank Of Scotland.
    No official forms etc no talking to managers or anything.

I just sent a letter to my bank and the mortgage company instructing them to cancel the direct debits.

I now manually transfer my mortgage fortnightly to them with my AC number as the reference.

worked out better for me as i moved from a monthly pay job to a forthnightly pay job.

You could just try the same, just cancel direct debits then call AIB and ask them for their account and sort code number associated with their mortgage collections and transfer it yourself?
    or indeed if AIB will swap to a fortnightly payment then ignore what i just said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

I think AIB may insist on a direct debit for mortgage repayments - not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I've sent them off an email to ask about it. Will keep thread posted in case others may be interested in reply.

Wondering does this affect your TRS monthly payment in any way? Kceire?

Advertisement