Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Allowance

Options
  • 01-08-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭

is it possible to upgrade to unlimited allowance for €10p/m.

im on the 3mb package

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    is it possible to upgrade to unlimited allowance for €10p/m.

im on the 3mb package

Hi Ross IRL,

Thanks for your post.
    Your are currently on the 'Broadband Home Plus Package' (up to 3Mb). At the moment there is no enforcement on broadband usage on this package and therefore it is effectively deemed as unlimited.

eircom New Customised Broadband Packages

I've had a quick look at your broadband sync and connection and see that you are in an amber region. That is, your phoneline is 2.5KM or more from the local exchange. This will have an impact on your broadband speed and therefore unlikely you would be able to upgrade or avail of higher broadband package. The following post on our Forum should help explain this in more detail. It should also give you some indication of the way Adsl fixed line broadband is setup on rate adaptive based and is distant dependent.

What is Extended Reach

That said, your broadband is synced at 3Mb and the attainable rates look fine.

Let me know if I can advise you further.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

its just we were charged extra 1 month a few months back and it does say 30gb allowance when i check the usage meter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    its just we were charged extra 1 month a few months back and it does say 30gb allowance when i check the usage meter

Thanks for getting back to me Rossi IRL,

Can you PM your phone or account number so i look into this further. It's possible I have the wrong number for you and you may be on *NGB Regular.

eircom's standard broadband packages should not be compatible with the Usage Meter and I'm not aware of recent charges being applied for over usage.

Private Message your details and I will check this.

Cheers,
    Ant

Advertisement