Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a cattery in Waterford that takes in stray kittens for rehoming? Waterford Animal Rescue don't take them, and WSPCA don't have a facility either.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is someone who works at City Vets who rehomes kittens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks looksee, unfortunately they are up to their eyes with kittens at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

try deise animal sanctuary, she is in the nire valley (they have a facebook page) she is doing it off her own back so might appreciate a donation of some food/cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Heya, you can put up adds in petshops and done deal and the likes...
    Just checkout the homes before hand to make sure they're safe.

Also

Is anyone missing a little tabby kitten in the city centre. One was found today. Female, aprox 8 weeks.

Don't wanna start another found pet thread :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    Heya, you can put up adds in petshops and done deal and the likes...
    Just checkout the homes before hand to make sure they're safe.

Also

Is anyone missing a little tabby kitten in the city centre. One was found today. Female, aprox 8 weeks.

Don't wanna start another found pet thread :L

It might be worth getting on to wlr and get them to mention it, that kitten is very young and may still need her mother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

True enough :) She's weaned off milk anyways, she seems ok without mum and theres another kitten here for here (along with 2 grown cats and 5 smaller kittens and a pup :L) I'm gonna ring all the vets tomorrow and say it to them anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Straycat wrote: »
    try deise animal sanctuary, she is in the nire valley (they have a facebook page) she is doing it off her own back so might appreciate a donation of some food/cash.

Just thought I'd update this, to say thanks to Straycat for the reply to my post, Deise Animal Sanctuary have been more than helpful, and are going to take in the kittens. I'll be sure to make a donation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Hi, don't know if you are still looking for cattery, but there's one in Waterford:
    http://www.grantstownkennels.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

kaef wrote: »
    Hi, don't know if you are still looking for cattery, but there's one in Waterford:
    http://www.grantstownkennels.ie/

They are very good, but I think they are more into pet accommodation than rehoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

The city council should do something about the feral cat population!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

SPQRI wrote: »
    The city council should do something about the feral cat population!

I love all the little feckers down cat alley (Springgarden Alley for the sticklers).

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

looksee wrote: »
    They are very good, but I think they are more into pet accommodation than rehoming.

Well, talked to owner few days ago and i know they have a few cats and dogs of the street.

Advertisement