Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly Businesses

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

tk123 wrote: »
    :( well that's a pile of crap - especially if there was nobody else there!?!
    I'll chance taking my boy into the post office this week and see what happens - I was just saying how much handier it'd be if he could come!! The excitement lol!! :D. I brought him into the Garda station one evening to get a form stamped for the car - he put his paws up on the counter and they opened the window and were leaning out petting him lol!! Also I took him in with me to vote the other week :D

I took him to vote too!! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Update - brought him into the post office and no probs. Also cut thru Glasnevin cemetery (on the way to parcel motel lol) and no probs - some people pet him took his photo lol! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have eaten in the outside area of the cafe in Greystones (can't remember the name but there's outside seating)our dog was only a bit of a pup at the time so I crated him to leave hands free to eat (worse than a toddler). But my parents dog was just sitting there on her lead. There was a big retriever type dog next to us, was really pleasant being able to walk the dogs and then stop for a snack I don't like to leave my dogs in the car on their own and esp. in summer. If there was at least one dog friendly cafe in every town that would be great, a lot of people walk their dogs at all times of the day and it'd be nice to be able to stop and be social. No wonder Ireland has issues with dogs we don't let them mix and be normal.

In Germany my aunts dog goes to the Chinese no bother, I think you even buy a train ticket for the dog think there's a charge for bikes and a seperate button for dogs if I remember rightly. Buisnesses can make money out of it.

Got kicked out of shopping center for having a small dog with us, it wasn't like I was bringing him in to any of the shops plus saw another little dog walking through it on the lead yesterday. So many dogs go missing or slip the lead when they are tied up outside shops barking their heads off all stressed out.

I can understand some food places like butchers/fishmongers etc. because food is out in the open and not always covered but Irelands buisnesses need to cut dog owners some slack.

Advertisement