Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL St Patricks Athletic vs Hannover 96 2/8/2012 Tallaght

• 01-08-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

stpats.gif VS hannover.gif

Tallaght Stadium Thursday 2/8/2012 7:45

Massive game, possibly one of the biggest away group of fans ever brought to Ireland. Hannover have circa 2000 fans in their stand, tickets still on sale and selling well. Highly unlikely we will get anything out of the game but once we play well and compete cant complain.

Ticket info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Rent boys. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Booked my tickets yesterday, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good luck to St Pats. Fly the flag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kabel Eins

Are showing both legs, no irish tv station will be covering the home leg.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=166119&part=sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on Ze Germans!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Thought for a minute that a wealthy Spanish investor had bought St. Pats from that thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If I got the 76 to Tallaght, how would I get to the stadium from there?

I might go along if I'm not doing anything else. Have never been to Rovers stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Des wrote: »
    Come on Ze Germans!

Disgraceful comment really. As a supporter of a League of Ireland club you should be hoping that St Pats win tonight. Only joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Paully D wrote: »
    Disgraceful comment really. As a supporter of a League of Ireland club you should be hoping that St Pats win tonight. Only joking.
    Aren't you a Sunderland supporter? Will you be cheering on Newcastle United in Europe this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Mars Bar wrote: »

I might go along if I'm not doing anything else. Have never been to Rovers stadium.

Its just across the Tallaght bypass from the square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Hopefully St Pats can at least get a draw tonight. I don't see them being able to win but maybe they can get a draw and at least keep the tie alive going into the second leg.

eire4 wrote: »
    Hopefully St Pats can at least get a draw tonight. I don't see them being able to win but maybe they can get a draw and at least keep the tie alive going into the second leg.

Is the match not tomorrow? Tomorrow is the 2nd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Last stop or second last stop is no more than 5 minute walk straight in front of you, closer than the Luas actually.

dfx- wrote: »
    Last stop or second last stop is no more than 5 minute walk straight in front of you, closer than the Luas actually.

If I walk down past the Topaz shop, will I just have to cross the road?

If I walk down past the Topaz shop, will I just have to cross the road?

Yup its beside the madron, get your ticket today if you can less than a 1000 left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

http://hittheroad.ie/bus/76a/#to=Tallaght+(The+Square)

Zoom in at the last stop and that blue square is it, beside the Maldron. Once you get to the bypass it's hard to miss. There will probably be crowds heading for it anyway.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yup its beside the madron, get your ticket today if you can less than a 1000 left.

There could be a chance of me going back to Galway tomorrow evening so I'm not gonna commit to buying a ticket today. I'll chance my arm if I go tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Aren't you a Sunderland supporter? Will you be cheering on Newcastle United in Europe this season?

I think Paully was being sarcastic towards Des, bit of a reference to the 'Soccer Forum Staples' thread if I'm not mistaken.

Getting my ticket now, once I can turn my phone on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

This game should be getting a lot more attention that it is currently getting from the media. I know the Olympics are on, but let's not forget the importance of this game.

2,000 Hannover fans are coming over for this game. It's very rare that any event in this country, never mind sporting, brings over such a number. Well done to Pats and hopefully they can get a positive result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mushy wrote: »
    I think Paully was being sarcastic towards Des, bit of a reference to the 'Soccer Forum Staples' thread if I'm not mistaken.

Spot on. I even put ''only joking'' in small white text which would have shown up when he quoted the post, seems he didn't notice it though. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This on live per chance?

In Germany yes, not over here. Liverpool match being shown instead. Dreamers has some links up but they may be geo-restricted.

Finally got the tickets sorted.

580803_10151070198529295_1174467075_n.jpg

Well i laughed......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Good luck Pats. Should be a decent little atmosphere in Dublin before the game. I wonder where all the Hannover fans are congregating before it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Still contemplating whether or not to get tickets for this. What are the chances of showing up tomorrow an hour or so before KO and picking up a few tickets? I'd like to see few of the Hannover players but the game clashes with the Liverpool match (originally thought this was a 6PM KO in Belarus).

New players entrance in Tallaght: :)

532268_10151932405050858_278484665_n.jpg

Don't ask SDCC to cover them up again, K. Good lads. :pac:

stovelid wrote: »

532268_10151932405050858_278484665_n.jpg

uhhh best not to ask what i have been tasked to do tonight after work :D

Really looking forward to this now. Gonna be cracking atmosphere, so hopefully a good game to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Probably heading over myself with two Junkie mates (one part timer), Thursday night and nothing else to be doing, plus no Shels this week so need my fix!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Have to say I'm genuinely behind the SuperSaints tomorrow night (although I will call them Syringeycore Junkies any time we play them). I think they are a credit to us in Europe the last couple of years, they never disgrace us yet have to travel to nut case locations that probably aren't even real countries.

Its an absolute shame that Irish media aren't giving them the hype they deserve, although part of me kinda feels ok about it because their first exposure could be a defeat, which will only fuel the ignorant ''sure Irish teams are shoite'' opinions further. I think Rovers got somewhat lucky with the shake of the stick they got for their exploits in Europe last year. I'm not taking away from the Belgrade night, that was fantastic. But other than that, there was nothing remarkable. Pat's went to deepest darkest Russia and pulled out results ffs. I think Rovers are more marketable and have an easier brand to sell, plus the Madrid game prob helped as well as the stadium.

All in all, I wish nothing but the best for Saint Patrick's Athletic tomorrow. Not because I 'should' as a League of Ireland ,as some will have you think. Conversely, I wont revel in any hiding they get, as other staunch LOI heads seem to think we should do, just coz fans of English teams would do so in Europe.

I want them to do well because I know they've had their hard times, the near 50 years of hurt in the domestic cup, the registration scandals, that 10-0, just as I've suffered our last minute loss to Red Bull Salzberg, our near extinction and the embarrasment of TNS. Sorry for the rant, but I can understand any Saint's passion and can relate to it. Do yourselves proud lads, not for our country or our league, but for your club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Probably heading over myself with two Junkie mates (one part timer), Thursday night and nothing else to be doing, plus no Shels this week so need my fix!

I would have an idea, you could go to work instead of me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I would have an idea, you could go to work instead of me ;)

Enough work this morning/afternoon and plenty of work on the weekend for myself!

germans wouldnt let them continue whilst they trained.

I take care of it morrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Rent boys. :pac:
    Des wrote: »
    Come on Ze Germans!

Right lets stop this crap.

Really not in the humor for the usual idiocy that follows Pats doing well in Europe.

If i snap then i hope whoever riles me ends up with the same holiday from the forum that i get.

Now im off for a beer.

Come on the saints

~Irelands european club~

Sparks43 wrote: »

Really not in the humor for the usual idiocy that follows Pats doing well in Europe.

There wasn't any.

Until now.

• Advertisement

Right lets stop this crap.

Hmmm they fished ....you bit, lucky its not an English olympics team thread its trolling in them :p

I dont mind them tbh its cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's not just for Pats, happens with every Irish team in Europe.

Someone will use the England arguement now but England have a far better co-efficient than Ireland. English teams would have to crash and burn every season for it to make any difference to them. They get three automatic CL places, when Ireland matches that, then that arguement is valid.

I dont like Pats but will be hoping they go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Best of luck with the game. Hope yous do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I obviously like seeing Rovers lose in Europe but would be nice to see last seasons Bohs team do well against the Germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

-Ade- wrote: »
    Still contemplating whether or not to get tickets for this. What are the chances of showing up tomorrow an hour or so before KO and picking up a few tickets? I'd like to see few of the Hannover players but the game clashes with the Liverpool match (originally thought this was a 6PM KO in Belarus).

Once you're there an hour beforehand there shouldn't be any issues

• Advertisement

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Once you're there an hour beforehand there shouldn't be any issues

Less than a 1000 left, in the terrified zone now. We could get seriously spanked morrow. Convinced myself once we play well we be alright.

We 15/2 to win morrow night.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Used to work with a guy who was one of the nicest people you could ever meet - he was a big Pats supporter. Hope they do well tomorrow and put a smile on Gerry's face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got a ticket, in with the H96 fans :)

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Got a ticket, in with the H96 fans :)

uhhhh for the craic wear a hamburg jersey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

uhhhh for the craic wear a hamburg jersey :D

I was planning on wearing a HSV jersey/Rovers scarf combo :cool:

It'll be grand, Hamburg and Hannover fans are good friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Less than a 1000 left, in the terrified zone now. We could get seriously spanked morrow. Convinced myself once we play well we be alright.

We 15/2 to win morrow night.........

Less than a thousand left for the West Stand. 2000 left for the East Stand. I heard from Hannover fans that they actually only sold 500 tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Best of luck to Pats tonight. I don't go in for this boll** of I support another Irish team so I hope you get a kicking. Incidentally I think they will but still best of luck and hope you do yourselves proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Best of luck pats from a drogs fan . The further you progress the more it benefits us LOL ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

iregk wrote: »
    Best of luck to Pats tonight. I don't go in for this boll** of I support another Irish team so I hope you get a kicking. Incidentally I think they will but still best of luck and hope you do yourselves proud.
    I will translate.

I hope you do yourselves proud whilst getting thrashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

GL Pats. Hopefully ye can pull off a shock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement