Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EL St Patricks Athletic vs Hannover 96 2/8/2012 Tallaght

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Hangover 2012 vs Hannover 96

Viva LOS Junkies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Absolutely buzzing for this game. Hope the tie is still somewhat alive for the trip over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There's gonna be a great crowd here tonight. Anyone still thinking about showing and getting a ticket, i'd say there's no problem. I got a ticket in Inchicore a couple of hours ago and there's a good few left (as well as Hannover fans taking photos!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Can't wait for this game now, hope the atmosphere is electric, we need to have everyone joining in with the chants and actually standing up during "stand up if you love the saints" for once, reckon it will be a full house come kick off,
    C'mon the Saints!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Hannover's supporters seem to enjoy themselves, so I can read here

http://www.11freunde.de

But apparently, there's something wrong with the Blue Oyster Bar, so they say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

C'mon Pats, even a draw would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Any links to watch online? Pity none of the Irish stations are showing it.

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Any links to watch online? Pity none of the Irish stations are showing it.

Check over in the LOI Europe Thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056681176&page=17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Yeah, good luck to the Junkies.
    If Forrester can play to his full potential, he'll get the move to England I reckon
    It was the Champions League/ Europa league that put Villa's eye on Enda Stevens.
    Actually just remembered Keith Fahy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hannover fans in serious voice in Dublin city today. Wish I could make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hannover fans in serious voice in Dublin city today. Wish I could make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gutted I can't get off work tonight.

Going to be a huge night.

Come on the Super Saints!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

For everyone: No illegal streams please..

dfx- wrote: »
    No illegal streams please..

Never posted links to streams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

it's just a general note :)

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    it's just a general note :)

Ok, just thought it was being directed at me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Is Hanno doing is commentary of it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Posted in LOI Europe thread but surprised how empty Tallaght stadium is. Hannover fans have half a stand all to themselves and the reast empty and even the stand with Pat's fans has empty sections

Oh bugger,,,,,

Hannover 1 up, rocket of a shot 5th minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wont save them.

Was a lovely goal...But pat's are playing well enough so far, aside for the goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

the tie is effectively over now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pats probably edging possession stats.

Most of it is in their own half though.

Forrester playing well.

Yep, Pat's doing ok/well but that early goal means Hannover don't have to chase the game at all and Pat's still haven't really created anything

Chance there for Pat's at the start of the 2nd half, Hann GK messed up from a corner, shot was blocked and the GK was very lucky ball fell into his arms before a Pat's player could tap it in

Pats upping the tempo 2nd half.

Just missed a good chance from corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Pats upping the tempo 2nd half.

Just missed a good chance from corner.

should have scored twice from it!

another chance from a corner, they're dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Decent chance there

Pat's definately giving it a good lash this half.

pheeewwww

• Advertisement

What a miss by Hannover, good dummy to set it up but Pat's are very lucky there

What a miss, shud have been 0-2. nice move...shocking finish.

ah balls!

weak keeping :(

AHhhhhh Crap!!!

That's it now

Edit: No way he should be able to score from there, where was the wall and poor from keeper (although it did bounce in front of him)

He has to be saving that, poor goal to concede

0-2

No excuses getting beaten from that distance.

What a chance to get a goal back, bad finish in the end by Fagan

Stevecw wrote: »
    What a chance to get a goal back, bad finish in the end by Fagan

bad touch ended up tightening the angle for himself

0-3, Pats def don't deserve to be losing by that much :(

• Advertisement

i'm pretty sure the german commentator just said something about gealic football :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

That was a great performance from the Saints, never deserved to lose 3-0. Clarkey should have saved that 2nd goal, he was our worst player, he's very dosy at times.
    It's a shame it was not on Irish TV because any of the barstoolers who see that scoreline will think it was a hammering, it was far from that. Hannover fans were class, sung their hearts out, SEI were also very good but the rest of the Pats crowd was very dead. The atmosphere would have been better had it been in the fortress Richmond park.
    Anyway on wards and upwards and onto Germany from here. C'mon the Saints!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Great game to be at. Scoreline really flatters Hannover. Pats did themselves proud though, some very good performances in there tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great hit for their first goal, and the second was very soft and came a few minutes after Pat's strongest spell of the game. Personally, I'm not sure about the 'Pats should be proud of themselves' love ITT. They came out after HT and had a real cut for 15 minutes or so, but they needed to be more direct for more of the game imo - a lot of aimless passing around between the back four and holding midfielder.

Number 13 for Hannover was magnificent I thought, and they were very fluid in possession for much of the game - great running and ability to interlink. Overall they'll have found that very easy I think - as unpopular an opinion as it may be.

EDIT: One of the three Hannover flags was, um, interesting to say the least.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Great hit for their first goal, and the second was very soft and came a few minutes after Pat's strongest spell of the game. Personally, I'm not sure about the 'Pats should be proud of themselves' love ITT. They came out after HT and had a real cut for 15 minutes or so, but they needed to be more direct for more of the game imo - a lot of aimless passing around between the back four and holding midfielder.

Number 13 for Hannover was magnificent I thought, and they were very fluid in possession for much of the game - great running and ability to interlink. Overall they'll have found that very easy I think - as unpopular an opinion as it may be.

For all their movement they created **** all though. Pats needed more corners, they were woeful at defending them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mushy wrote: »
    Pats needed more corners, they were woeful at defending them.

When Pats took the short one and it went out of play a few minutes after the second I could have torn my hair out - they had been looking dangerous from the previous few - why do one short? :confused:

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    When Pats took the short one and it went out of play a few minutes after the second I could have torn my hair out - they had been looking dangerous from the previous few - why do one short? :confused:

That was infuriating, was no need for it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

3-0 was such a harsh scoreline. No way was that deserved. Pat's played really well in large parts tonight, But Hannover took their chances.

They pressed us really well early in the first half and the fact they had the early lead obviously allowed them to relax, but we gradually grew into it and passed it around well.

There was some terrific performances in that side, Forrester, Ger O' brien, Bermo, the Triangle of Greatness in midfield and Fagan up front all put in a shift.

It was great to see a LOI perform like that against a top Bundesliga side, but in the end the difference in quality came through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Shame Pats seem out now. Would have been nice if they still had a chance for the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Brought a friend of mine to the match, he would have been a bit of a barstooler beforehand. But despite losing 3-0 he saw we played good football on the deck and converted him to the way of the Saints. Will be bringing him to a cup quarter or semi final should we get there.

Hannover's first goal was a cracker. Fair play to them, they're a good team. One of their players wages could pay for our entire team for 3-4 years. The German league is the third best in Europe, so we have to put things into perspective.

Was the pitch tightened for the match earlier?

• Advertisement
Advertisement