Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance Recommendation

• 01-08-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi, just wanted some advice if possible. Recently got a Labrador puppy, hes doing great and seems healthy enough at the moment but I know their notorious for bone and joint problems so would like to invest in insurance for him. Got a few quotes and Allianz was by far the dearest. also got a quote from 123 which are underwritten by Rsa which is the same as what Tesco are selling, it comes in about 80 euro cheaper but looks like a decent policy. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience,advice or recommendations for either? Appreciate any help, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I would look at the small print and the conditions and compare them.

They are usually cheaper for a reason and myabe dont cover as much or for as long.
    Check the excess too on each policy and what you can claim for and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

petinsure.ie were recommended to me as all their policies are lifetime policies. Just keep an eye on the excess amounts they vary wildly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We've been with Allianz for a few years now and I can't fault them, they do whole of life policies, not cheap, but we have peace of mind. We just fill in the form that our vet gives us if we need to make a claim and we pay 100 euro excess the vet claims the rest directly from Allianz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We've been with Allianz for a few years now and I can't fault them, they do whole of life policies, not cheap, but we have peace of mind. We just fill in the form that our vet gives us if we need to make a claim and we pay 100 euro excess the vet claims the rest directly from Allianz.

Have to agree with pumpkinseeds, we have found Allianz very easy to deal with

Advertisement